ToT Value is gona crash hard cause they removed all the food and utility drops. [Merged]

Moradorin.6217

14 minutes ago, RogueLife.3719 said:

But why did they do that?

Yea not sure why. I can only guess they didnt understand what they are doing. Maybe an intern? Im guessing they tried to remove the junk items people just delete and pooled the food and utility in with and just never questioned it? Or maybe they want to force people to craft them, but in that case they should have added something back that gives similar resale value for people to open the ToTs. At present, I think the price is gona drop fast. The wiki data for value still shows the old value so people are liable to be buying under incorrect valuation in hopes of opening to gamble on infusions. Once its commonly known the value is greatly reduced for selling the contents I expect the value to crash much more. But I would happy if someone could explain how that is wrong.

• Haha 1

They might do this to every similar thing - in all festivals. If they did it for Wintersday as well. Personally I don't care. Opened the bags myself always. Never sold them. I do not know why they are doing it. Maybe it is related to the research notes? (That you now have to craft the food - and they only want crafted food to be able to salvaged into notes. Or are there other options to get it - from a vendor?)

Is that food that important? I think those items are only good for certain builds (and if you do not have easy access to ascended food) aren't they?

Edited by Luthan.5236

Yes I am honestly extremely baffled as to why they removed them. I know they're trying really hard to Make Research Notes Happen (I have yet to speak to a single person who likes them), but if they didn't want people farming research notes from festival food/utility items they could just remove them from the salvage table... I don't understand removing them as drops altogether. I've used Halloween food/utilities year round and stocked up during Halloween so I could do so.

I'm just really struggling to see the rationale behind this decision. I hope someone sees this thread (and I've seen complaints on Reddit as well, maybe elsewhere too) and maybe reconsiders because this is a genuine disappointment, one that makes me less enthusiastic for the festival.

Dang... research notes really a disappointment from start to finish... they're just making me resent them even more lol

If they wanted to crack down on junk in the ToT bags, they could have started with the useless finishers or the toilet paper or something.

Edited by kitkat.2745
  • Like 18

15 minutes ago, Fleabite.7528 said:

I'd been looking forward to Mad King to make a dent on research notes. Instead, they completely remove some of the best ingame utility buffs. So very sucky. 

Yea going to miss the tin of fruitcan and icicles from wintersday

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This was a bad move on the devs' part.  After farming for about 3 hrs in the Lab I've noticed that bags were getting less and less.  Deminishing returns is seems like on bags and unidentified gear.  I told some guild mates that the food and utilities were not there.  What the heck?  Looked forward all year to play this event.  Now you get more useless Ending Finishers and   tonics 😞 what the heck, Anet.     

• Like 9

I rarely post on the Forum, despite playing for over 10 years, but I needed to post to say this. The Halloween Utility buffs have been my bread and butter utility buffs for most farming, the affordable magic find is amazing and being able to farm up a years worth in the Lab was great. Taking them out of ToT bags is a terrible, terrible decision and has turned a valuable, low cost/low impact farming tool into another tool for market speculators to scalp us farmers.. Please revert this change immediately.

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RogueLife.3719 said:

The winters day food and utilities seem to be gone too. I'm so sad about this but yours is the only post I've seen mentioning it. I just want to know why they did this.

Wait what? No more icicles and peppermint oil at this years wintersday?? That would be horrible³. Do you have any source for that?

• Like 3

I know this was done because of research notes, but I completely agree they should have left them.  I like my free food and stuffs 😡.  Would it not have been better to just leave them and then let the player choose how to use them, by selling and jacking up the prices for the research note people, or using them for themselves?  No different than crafting/buying/selling/research noting other foods.

Edited by Farohna.6247
  • Like 6

I was looking forward to the event, to re-stock my supplies of buff food. Opened TP and ... I could not trust my eyes! They have kept the stupid transformation tonics, but removed the food!?

If it was about the Research Notes, they could have just added the stuff to the list of things that cannot be salvaged.

Curious if we get a response at all or just silence.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but I’ve not chased research notes. What’s the link between these?

Research Notes are the common currency in EoD for the Xunlai Jade Associates. You need them to craft Jade Bot Cores and Modules/Service Chips. You need thousands of these to craft Legendary Weapons (Gen 3). 

Research Notes are obtained by salvaging gear and certain food with a Research Kit.

Since the launch of EoD, the player-base was always focused on getting those Research Notes as cheap as possible. People experimented with all kinds of items and quickly found out that food works excellent. The problem however was that ANet did not like that method. So they patiently waited until we have emptied the TP of excess food, until the prices became rational again. Then locked it for Research Note farming. They did that over and over and over until crafting gear, only to break it down, became more efficient.

The Halloween food was the big exception to this routine. It was used briefly for Research Notes, but quickly the price climbed up, so the players abandoned this option = too expensive. ANet did not block it somehow.

And now with the first Halloween after EoD launch, a lot of people expected to get Research Notes almost for free. Knowing that the food that formerly dropped from the ToT bags rapidly falls in price during the event, due to the excessive droprate.

-
We do not know if that is the reason for this change, it is only a guess.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Research Notes are the common currency in EoD for the Xunlai Jade Associates. You need them to craft Jade Bot Cores and Modules/Service Chips. You need thousands of these to craft Legendary Weapons (Gen 3). 

Research Notes are obtained by salvaging gear and certain food with a Research Kit.

This.

But instead of just making these specific food items unsalvageable their solution was to remove them for the festival reward bags. GG, ArenaNet. GG. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Since the launch of EoD, the player-base was always focused on getting those Research Notes as cheap as possible. People experimented with all kinds of items and quickly found out that food works excellent. The problem however was that ANet did not like that method. So they patiently waited until we have emptied the TP of excess food, until the prices became rational again. Then locked it for Research Note farming. They did that over and over and over until crafting gear, only to break it down, became more efficient.

The Halloween food was the big exception to this routine. It was used briefly for Research Notes, but quickly the price climbed up, so the players abandoned this option = too expensive. ANet did not block it somehow.

And now with the first Halloween after EoD launch, a lot of people expected to get Research Notes almost for free. Knowing that the food that formerly dropped from the ToT bags rapidly falls in price during the event, due to the excessive droprate.

-
We do not know if that is the reason for this change, it is only a guess.

Ah yes I think I remember about salvaging food for those now you mention it.

So rather than exclude those foods, they went full nuke and cause problems for the rest of us.

Score…

• Like 7

Dude this is so irritating, MF food now is a luxury LOL.

Normally i focus on food/utility that 250 stack doesnt cost more than 3g~5g, now 250xSharpening Skull  cost 10g ++.

even worst, the craft use more expensive mats, 250 stack cost 20g++ by crafting. 

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~250-67368

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2

1. Implement highly unpopular mechanic

2. Keep making it worse in stubborn attempt to make it work

3. ????

4. Profit

I originally wrote "lose profits", but the most recent NCSOFT earnings reports shows GW2 earning a great deal more than it was a year before, so.... guess it's not people who craft Leggies that really fund the game.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1