Suggestion: Stop Making Jumping Puzzles Mandatory

Robe Robbing Robert.6425

Right there in the title. I get that lots of people like jumping puzzles, but lots of other people don't. I for one can't stand them. If I wanted to play a platformer, I'd play Mario or something. content like Jumping Puzzles should always be optional side content. And the Mad King jumping puzzle being required to do the daily is genuinely unfair. I lag quite a bit when playing the game, and that put together with the timed aspect of the puzzle makes doing it essentially impossible. Which means I can't do my daily. It's a cool puzzle, and I get why people enjoy them, but having it be a mandatory step in the daily is just. For those of us that don't enjoy jumping puzzles, it sort of takes the fun out of the event, and for those of us that lag like me, it almost ruins the event because now there's stuff I basically just. Can't get/do.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15

You only have to do 3 of the 5 Halloween dailies to get the reward. If you skip the other 2 all you'll miss out on is a few trick-or-treat bags, and you could get those faster by running around the Labyrinth for a few minutes than doing the Clock Tower.

Today for example (going by the Wiki) you could go into the Labyrinth (solo or in a group), kill any 40 Halloween minions for Grim Reaper of Grunts, carve 5 pumpkins for Pumpkin Carver, and either harvest some candy corn or open some of the ToT bags you'll get from the minions to get candy corn for Candy Craver and you'll have your 3 achievements done in 1 map with nothing required beyond some combat and clicking on objects.

(Also you don't have to do daily achievements every single day. If you miss days the only consequence is it will slow down how many Mad King's Gifts you receive, but you can't get enough for all the weapons in one year anyway and the same ones will be available in future years.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

Afaik most stuff is possible without the jumping puzzle. Unless you also want the specific rewards from it. (I don't think they are exclusive - not even the first chest per year. That stuff you can get elsewhere.) The last problem we had with this was last year when some of the newer achievements (related to the lore ... I think a mini was the end reward if I remember correctly?) required the jumping puzzle where you also could open the first small chest to slowly progress some counter.

They then added a chest where you can donate candy corn - to avoid having to do the JP at all.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Fortunately the jp is purely optional for Mad King festival.   All the achievements and dailies have an extra so you do not have to do it. I have yet to reach the top, and you're in good company as the majority of players have not finished it.

not so, theres achievs in one of the tabs requiring it to complete. but just matter for AP hunters.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Afaik most stuff is possible without the jumping puzzle. Unless you also want the specific rewards from it. (I don't think they are exclusive - not even the first chest per year. That stuff you can get elsewhere.) The last problem we had with this was last year when some of the newer achievements (related to the lore ... I think a mini was the end reward if I remember correctly?) required the jumping puzzle where you also could open the first small chest to slowly progress some counter.

They then added a chest where you can donate candy corn - to avoid having to do the JP at all.

You have to do it once for the lunatic boots achievement if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

not so, theres achievs in one of the tabs requiring it to complete. but just matter for AP hunters.

For achievement hunters sure, but not for annual or anything other than AP.  I completed all but that two years ago, it just sits in my list as the only one. It's not required.

• Like 1

It isn't mandatory. ArenaNet knows this JP is difficult and that the majority of the players never make it to the top. Both for the daily as for the annual you have the choice of other activities to complete them.

And if you still want it an are unable to, maybe you can hire the skilled Eva to complete it for you:

😄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Isn't the purpose of the Angry Chest they placed in the lobby specifically designed to allow players to skip the jumping puzzle for achievements? Or was that just the one achievement tied to the latest Halloween story content.

That only works for the Court Duty achievement. But that's because it was the first time a collection or meta-achievement actually required the Clock Tower.

It's included in the Lunatic Wardrobe achievements as well, but then you can just buy the recipe and craft the boots yourself instead of completing the Clock Tower, and things like the daily and annual Halloween meta-achievements don't require all the options so you can skip the Clock Tower and do something else. There's no option like that for Court Duty, which is why they added the Angry Chest as an alternative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I tried to do it but it just made me very frustrated. 

I just wanted to unlock the gear transmog items. 

This isn't fun...like at all. 

Is there anything else I can do in order to unlock the luntic transmog? 

Maybe I'll force my kid to do it like that evil parent did above as a punishment. 

20 minutes ago, Ragnarvor.2351 said:

I tried to do it but it just made me very frustrated. 

I just wanted to unlock the gear transmog items. 

This isn't fun...like at all. 

Is there anything else I can do in order to unlock the luntic transmog? 

Maybe I'll force my kid to do it like that evil parent did above as a punishment. 

Buy the recipie for candy corn cobs and craft it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Lunatic_Noble_Boots

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ragnarvor.2351 said:

Sir or Ma'am. 

I love you.

I cant take credit for it this post pointed me to it.

9 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

That only works for the Court Duty achievement. But that's because it was the first time a collection or meta-achievement actually required the Clock Tower.

It's included in the Lunatic Wardrobe achievements as well, but then you can just buy the recipe and craft the boots yourself instead of completing the Clock Tower, and things like the daily and annual Halloween meta-achievements don't require all the options so you can skip the Clock Tower and do something else. There's no option like that for Court Duty, which is why they added the Angry Chest as an alternative.

• 2 months later...

I can't complete Wintersday traditions achievement because of that. Gotta do the jumping puzzle 5 times. It was fun for the first time. But I can't really spend that much time to finish it because I'm not very good jumper, always found gw2's physics wonky. Making the entire achievement and the whole festival pointless for me. 

Anet you know it's a money sink, you know it's a grind, and you know the core idea of GW2 was respecting the player's time, I feel like you're trying to rob my time at this point. 

• Confused 3

C'mon, the Winter Wonderland jp even has an easy mode. Clocktower, yeah, it's punishingly hard and leaves hardly any room for error...but Winter Wonderland? 

Take your time. Look at a video. Spend less time complaining. 

These 3 tips guarantee completion. And what's stopping you doing a different achievement for the meta reward?

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

I can't complete Wintersday traditions achievement because of that. Gotta do the jumping puzzle 5 times. It was fun for the first time. But I can't really spend that much time to finish it because I'm not very good jumper, always found gw2's physics wonky. Making the entire achievement and the whole festival pointless for me. 

Anet you know it's a money sink, you know it's a grind, and you know the core idea of GW2 was respecting the player's time, I feel like you're trying to rob my time at this point. 

Well don't attempt the bell choir then, I get run over by the notes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Well don't attempt the bell choir then, I get run over by the notes.

No way you can avoid it if you're bad like me at JPs. Bell choir is more or less the same annoyance as jp but you only need to nail it once. So yeah, working on every day to make a perfect once. Same time wasting thing. However there's no mechanic I can blame for the bell choir event, it's just rock band like classical game thing. This one's on me.  

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Confused 5