20 crashes a day !

Hello,

I am so disappointed by this game, I have too many issues, I am getting mad and want to quit.

Please help me, it is NOT FUN AT ALL.... I NEVER crash in any other game and I always play in max settings .

- AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

- 32.0 GB 3200

- 1080 TI

- 500 Mbps fiber

But GW2, whatever I choose to change and disable in settings, I always have that graphic error

guild wars 2 has encountered an unrecoverable graphics driver error and has been forced to terminate

I have tried so far, moving the game files out of program files...to another disk... to an external ssd : ...

I have added the game in Nvidia pcontrol panel to prefer max performance in power management...

I have uninstalled my mouse driver, unplugged it before the restart (as I started to have black screns and weird colour bugs when GW 2 crashes)...

I have uninstalled Nvidia drivers, reinstalled latest ones...

Exit Lag On/Off

Was doing the Aurene mission to relive a memory ... Crashed 5 times ! Insane

Edited by Nemesis.1693
Had to write down the exact text of the error

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

Are you actually crashing or disconnecting in Story missions?

If crashing, post your crash report (Show Details), and someone may be able to assist you.

If disconnection, try the Knowledge Base (Support link above/below) or peruse the thread, 'Storyline Disconnects - Merged' for tips/workarounds/etc.

You can contact the Tech CS Team via the aforementioned link for assistance, as well.

Good luck.

Hello Ashantara,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I did everything you mentionned.

Display Driver Uninstaller: 
safe mode uninstall, fresh reinstall of latest drivers

GPU and non-GPU drivers: 
everything is up to date, I use ccleaner driver updater once a week.

System maintenance (steps 1-3)
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

Did you try a GW2 client repair (steps 4-5)? 
YEs 

I even have performed a clean boot and reset my MSI Afterburner OC settings

-----------------------

Hello Inculpatus

I always get the same message like on this link:
https://www.techyv.com/questions/guild-wars-2-has-encountered-unrecoverable-graphics-driver-error/

-----------------------

I have been playing now for an hour .... NO CRASH.

Will keep you updated but so far, thank you very much

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Do you use trend micro security by any chance?

Hello Linken, Nope

4 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Windows version?  Windows up to date?  DX9 or DX11?

Nvidia Shadowplay in use?

Also post your GW2 graphics settings.

Hello Chaba,

Win 10 Pro, up to date DX 11 

Never heard about Nvidia Shadowplay so I guess not.

I have tried all settings for the last month, from autodetect to best performance, i tried some settings from Mighty Teapot or another streamer ... All different settings led to crashes, and always the same one.

After all the recommendations by Ashantara, this morningthe pc seems to be more stable while playing GW2.

no flashlights when I browse the map, no black screen, and no crashes ... 1 hour playing so far 

I just crashed after almost 3 hours. Lost connection to server

Cannot connect anymore T-T

The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support for assistance

Build: 136081
Error Code: 58:11:5:535

Could log in again.

Another Crash after 20 mins

GW2 has encountered an unrecoverable graphics driver error and must terminate

----------------------

*--> Error Logs <--*
11:44:50Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x191f14
11:44:50Z NULL REWARD TRACK: 40B8380A-95DD-EA11-81B8-F1C6C84DED89
11:44:50Z Couldn't find missile launch point for gadget '0x18f25c'.
11:45:21Z Map load hang on STATE_MODELS_STREAM detected: MapId: 1185, Position: (-13520.200195, -5997.500000, -1441.341675), Completion: 0.000000
11:46:29Z End coordinate of emitter scan request is NaN or Inf.
11:47:06Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'KU1Ai.X2eL+'
11:47:18Z End coordinate of emitter scan request is NaN or Inf.
11:49:11Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'soUQE.mxnTo'
11:49:21Z Map load hang on STATE_MODELS_STREAM detected: MapId: 1185, Position: (11867.200195, -11652.099609, -1831.310059), Completion: 0.000000
11:50:31Z Debug token '0x00000000000266FA': Lightning ran out of space for new bolts.
11:50:33Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'KU1Ai.X2eL+'
11:51:16Z End coordinate of emitter scan request is NaN or Inf.
11:51:17Z End coordinate of emitter scan request is NaN or Inf.
11:51:17Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'KU1Ai.X2eL+'
11:51:27Z End coordinate of emitter scan request is NaN or Inf.
11:52:22Z Map load hang on STATE_MODELS_STREAM detected: MapId: 1185, Position: (11867.200195, -11652.099609, -1831.310059), Completion: 0.000000
11:52:34Z Couldn't find missile launch point for gadget ''.
11:52:48Z Debug token '0x00000000000266FA': Lightning ran out of space for new bolts.
11:52:59Z Model '0x123674': Permutation 'boworange' not found, auto selecting permutation
Crashed at 11:53:26Z

*--> Graphics Device Info <--*
VendorId    = 0x10de
DeviceId    = 0x1b06
Version     = 51694
Description = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Compat      = 0x000000000fbffd3f
VidMem      = 11264 MB

*--> NVidia Info <--*
DriverVersion = 516.94

Try to reach out at the Support Team, as this goes far away from Userstuff.

according to what you did i would recommendend to get rid of ccleaner, as of 2020 (after it got sold) its known to spread malware/being malware on its own. Its hooking into systemfiles and system dll where it shouldnt...

also according to your connection lost -> https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015863508-Error-Code-58

assuming that you already starting gw2 with commandline argument to repair it.

-repair

-ignorecoherentgpucrash could also be worth trying

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

also according to your crashlog i am assuming some memory issues tho a memtest could bring some light into it, after you did make sure your XMP profile is setup properly

Edited by TheZonk.4376
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheZonk.4376 said:

I don't know man, I like that ccleaner I have been using it for years, it makes my life easier to keep a computer neat and I never had any problems on other games/programs

I don't have any malware (malwarebytes) or virus threats neither for months now.

So far I understand, to play GW2, you must turn off MSI afterburner, and get rid of ccleaner ... Is it normal ?

Can I have a list of all the programs I must flush to play that game ? Xd

Cannot believe you have to be a computer technician to play a game ...

Anyway thanks for your help, I will test my memory as you said and will keep you posted

• Sad 1

So I have made the memtest for 2 hours, no problem.

I went to the Bios and saw that A-XMP was disable

So I took profile 2 (seems to have lower voltage and more stable results... from what I read)

I have done the whole Dragonfall Meta = NO CRASH

So fun to finally participate to the whole thing without a crash.

I want to say it seems to be good now XD 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nemesis.1693 said:

So I have made the memtest for 2 hours, no problem.

So I took profile 2 (seems to have lower voltage and more stable results... from what I read)

I have done the whole Dragonfall Meta = NO CRASH

So fun to finally participate to the whole thing without a crash.

I want to say it seems to be good now XD 

Great glad you seem to have got it sorred mate

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I have CCleaner, and no issues whatsoever with Guild Wars 2.  I've never seen any posts, in 10 years, about it causing any issues, either (before now). 

CCleaner should be used at the end of the day, before you shut down your PC. It can cause issues if used during operation (e.g., it can trigger Valve's VAC and constantly disconnect you from matches).

8 hours ago, Nemesis.1693 said:

So you were talking about PC crashes, not game crashes? Oops, my tips were meant to solve a game crash issue.

Well, glad it got resolved. 🙂

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Nemesis.1693 said:

I don't know man, I like that ccleaner I have been using it for years, it makes my life easier to keep a computer neat and I never had any problems on other games/programs

I don't have any malware (malwarebytes) or virus threats neither for months now.

So far I understand, to play GW2, you must turn off MSI afterburner, and get rid of ccleaner ... Is it normal ?

Can I have a list of all the programs I must flush to play that game ? Xd

Cannot believe you have to be a computer technician to play a game ...

Anyway thanks for your help, I will test my memory as you said and will keep you posted

Hi there

CCleaner is not even moderately safe in general and has been marked as “PUA” Threat under Microsoft guidelines. On top, it was also hacked sometime ago and the official website server was being used to serve unofficial, malware-injected version of CCleaner!

Secondly, Windows literally has every single feature that CCleaner has, but buit-in!
Windows has a drive defragmentation, SSD TRIM Utility built-in, “Storage Sense” that wipes backed-up data and of course, the “Disk Cleanup” Utility, which deletes unused files.

Now, of course, CCleaner brings all of these and maybe a few more, conveniently into one app and one place, but considering the security issues, the fact that Windows has all the features and that you need to pay for that crap, simply means it is an absolute no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I have gone through the loop and every try fix permutation with GW2 support.. Final Result.. still crashing with 'unrecoverable graphics error' - and for ref. its the same issue as Nemesis.1693 and still seen by a lot of GW2 players out there..

This was a fresh Windows 10 Install + Fresh Nvidia GeForce install (latest drivers).., fresh GW2 install etc..

Other than throw out my existing PC and buy a new one, I'm fresh out of Ideas..

TBH, if the PC plays other more gfx demanding games like Destiny2, Overwatch2, DeepRock Galactic, with no issues whatsoever.. I still think its something with GW2 thats not 100%, but they're not seeing it or not admitting theres an issue.

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear that we haven’t been able to help you reach a resolution for the issue you've been experiencing. At this point, we have gone through all the resources and suggestions at our disposal. We regret that we are unable to continue troubleshooting this issue with you. We recommend that you contact your local professional for further assistance.

Again, I am sorry that we cannot help you further, but if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Guild Wars 2 Support Team

How far would you think this 'local professional' would progress? another thing they weren't aware of.. is that I am that local Professional 🤣 - tbh I am dissappointed overall..

Edited by Lima.5627

Well, I had almost 6 hours non stop without any crash and unfortunately, GW2 crashed again.

Maybe I was not clear enough (sorry my bad English) ONLY GW2 CRASHES

I play BDO mainly and even at night I do not turn off the pc and do afk Farm on BDO.

I went on vacation once for 10 days, and I let my character train at dummies for XP ... 10 days NON STOP, no crash

BDO, Lost Ark, FF same, I never have any issue.

I even play BDO on max graphics settings ULTRA, 60-100 fps stable 

And NO NEED to turn off Msi Afterburner or remove ccleaner

Hate it or love it, I am satisfied with it and do not care about reviews... For me  it is a good thing I use it.

ONLY GW2 and it keeps crashing EVERY SINGLE DAY

The most boring thing is that I have to listen to the whoooooooooooole kitten conversations those NPC never stops talking while questing, you cannot skip ... And when I am almost at the END = CRASH

YEAH do it again, cannot skip

I swear I get crazy, I want to play and enjoy the game but it does not let me!

Sorry for CAPS, I am mad at this game, I spent money, time and lost hours of fun doing maintenance, tweaking, solving "virtual" issues that do not exist on my computer.

FOR NOTHING

Why i have no ISSUE on every single gaqme I play ?

Even when I work, stream, or watch netflix ... NO ISSUE

"Guild wars 2 has encoutnered an unrecoverable graphics drive error and must terminate"

I am so mad at them, I am not the only one, those graphic crashes exist for Years and nobody seems able to solve them

GOOD JOB ARENA.NET .... Trash Game

Lima.5627 I feel you bro ! They shall offer us a computer able to play their kitten

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Nemesis.1693 said:

Well, I had almost 6 hours non stop without any crash and unfortunately, GW2 crashed again.

Maybe I was not clear enough (sorry my bad English) ONLY GW2 CRASHES

I play BDO mainly and even at night I do not turn off the pc and do afk Farm on BDO.

I went on vacation once for 10 days, and I let my character train at dummies for XP ... 10 days NON STOP, no crash

BDO, Lost Ark, FF same, I never have any issue.

I even play BDO on max graphics settings ULTRA, 60-100 fps stable 

And NO NEED to turn off Msi Afterburner or remove ccleaner

Hate it or love it, I am satisfied with it and do not care about reviews... For me  it is a good thing I use it.

ONLY GW2 and it keeps crashing EVERY SINGLE DAY

The most boring thing is that I have to listen to the whoooooooooooole kitten conversations those NPC never stops talking while questing, you cannot skip ... And when I am almost at the END = CRASH

YEAH do it again, cannot skip

I swear I get crazy, I want to play and enjoy the game but it does not let me!

Sorry for CAPS, I am mad at this game, I spent money, time and lost hours of fun doing maintenance, tweaking, solving "virtual" issues that do not exist on my computer.

FOR NOTHING

Why i have no ISSUE on every single gaqme I play ?

Even when I work, stream, or watch netflix ... NO ISSUE

"Guild wars 2 has encoutnered an unrecoverable graphics drive error and must terminate"

I am so mad at them, I am not the only one, those graphic crashes exist for Years and nobody seems able to solve them

GOOD JOB ARENA.NET .... Trash Game

Lima.5627 I feel you bro ! They shall offer us a computer able to play their kitten

GW2 being the only game you have that crashes doesn't really mean anything.  The majority of players are not having this crash.  It's worth it to continue pursuing how your PC is configured.

You mentioned fresh Win10 installation.  Are you using Windows 10 game mode?  Xbox Game Bar stuff?  Windows Game Captures?  You mentioned earlier you don't know what Shadowplay is.  If you have Nvidia, do you have GeForce Experience installed?  I ask because sometimes Windows and third-party overlays may interfere with each other.  There's an Nvidia setting also that doesn't play nice with arcdps.  Might also even be some problem with a firewall/anti-virus.

The latest Nvidia driver is 522.25 from Oct. 12th.  Your error log posted said: "DriverVersion = 516.94" though.  Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and click on System Information to view driver version.

Edited by Chaba.5410

I also encountered this kind of problem for several days.
The game was constantly crashing over and over more than 20 times a day .

Cause: Memory at address 000000000`000000000 could not be written.

This evening i uninstalled NVIDIA GeForce Experience and CCleaner. For 3 hours now I have no more crashes, i can launch several accounts while watching something on my other screen.
So the problem is either CCleaner or NVIDIA GeForce Experience. I hope the problem is solved and not temporarily.

I will come back to give news if the game crashes again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 10:47 PM, illuvatar.7590 said:

This evening i uninstalled NVIDIA GeForce Experience and CCleaner. For 3 hours now I have no more crashes, i can launch several accounts while watching something on my other screen.

So the problem is either CCleaner or NVIDIA GeForce Experience.

The problem is more likely the user. 😉

Deactivate any automated processes in CCleaner and only clean manually at the end of the day -- problem solved. No need to unistall this tool.

As for GeForce Experience, I never install it, only the Driver and the Control Panel. It's been way too bloated for years. at least for my taste. So not an expert on this one, but if it has an overlay, you could try to deactivate it or anything else it has running in the background.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:15 AM, Nemesis.1693 said:

You said you took a look into your BIOS settings. It is worth noting that certain settings interact with each other, and if they are set in an incompatible way they can lead to an instable system behavior (blue screen, freezes, etc).

Therefore, you should consult your mainboard's manual and/or google for a guide (text or video) to see which settings are optimal for your hardware.

Speaking of hardware, are all your hardware components compatible with each other? (For instance, not every type of RAM fits into every motherboard. The manuafacturer's website should have the required information.)

• Confused 1

On 10/21/2022 at 10:47 PM, illuvatar.7590 said:

I will come back to give news if the game crashes again.

Some news about my crashes, I forgot to say that my computer was also crashing (blue screen).
When I formatted my computer and updated my Bios, my XMP profile had been reset.
This lowered my ram frequency from 3200 Mhz to 2133 Mhz. That was why I had been crashing for about a week.

The solution was simple, I went back to the Bios and set my XMP profile by setting the frequency of my ram to 3200 Mhz.
I did this manipulation last night and since then I no longer have any game or computer crashes.

I also looked at the WoodenPotatoes🥔 guide which I found to be very helpful.
« Everything I know About Getting The Best Guild Wars 2 Graphics & Performance »
https://youtu.be/hmPI5SjP3xA

That's it that's all ! I hope everything will be fine now, if not I will come back to let you know.

Edited by illuvatar.7590
Space edit
  • Thanks 1