WvW World Restructuring Beta 1 Veteran Achievement Issue

Rubi Bayer.8493

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, we are aware that the WvW World Restructuring Beta 1 Veteran achievement has not been tracking progress correctly. We have a fix ready and will get that to you today. After the fix, the achievement will start tracking progress correctly. The World Restructuring Beta event will still end at reset on October 21, but we are adding a week to the achievement window to ensure that you all have plenty of time to complete the achievement and earn a War Machine weapon skin. You now have until October 28 at 7:00 PM Pacific time to complete five capture or defend events for the achievement. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, AysonCurrax.3254 said:

What category is this Achievement even supposed to be under? I can't find it. Unless by "not tracking correctly" you meant it's currently not in the game at all.

47 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We have a fix ready and will get that to you today. After the fix,

bruh, read the words

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Not in game right now, but once back in I would head toward the Achievements, Competitive area and check where the other WvW achievements are at. If not seen try use the search and keyword of 'Restructuring' under the achievements.

Yeah, that's where I have been looking. Just wanted to double check if it's simply not there at all as of right now. Thanks!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AysonCurrax.3254 said:

Yeah, that's where I have been looking. Just wanted to double check if it's simply not there at all as of right now. Thanks!

Been doing the same and without a better indicator of what the name was or if even if it was an achievement that's been part of the issue. Nothing worse when share with non-forum guildmates that there is some achievements potentially out there and then each day hear people talking, did anyone find it? Reminds one of old jokes about round rooms and needing to find a corner. 

That's good. Seems like not that many events. Joining a zerg should finish this quickly still during this beta (if released until tomorrow prime time EU) - at least for people that have time to play during week. Nice to see that the duration gets extended though. For those that do not have much time.

• Like 1

Rad Thanks!!

& just for visibility:

[Daring Dragon] post-Oct. 4th patch nerfs your flow generation compared to pre-Oct. 4th. And also has a new cooldown-reset bug when you organically run out of flow because it's flow generation is now borked.

Please fix this very fun (albeit not very good trait.) My WvW build is ruined currently. T_T

<3

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, we are aware that the WvW World Restructuring Beta 1 Veteran achievement has not been tracking progress correctly. We have a fix ready and will get that to you today. After the fix, the achievement will start tracking progress correctly. The World Restructuring Beta event will still end at reset on October 21, but we are adding a week to the achievement window to ensure that you all have plenty of time to complete the achievement and earn a War Machine weapon skin. You now have until October 28 at 7:00 PM Pacific time to complete five capture or defend events for the achievement. Thank you for your patience.

This is a very fair and appreciated solution. Thank you, Anet!

3 hours ago, TobiTBE.3760 said:

"complete five capture or defend events" 

Could you make it anymore boring? The best combat system in MMOs and you want people to attack a wall.

If you want just combat, that's PvP. WvW revolves around capture and defence. Yeah the achievement is uninspired and boring, and even an AFKer will manage to get it with almost no input...but don't pretend it's not relevant to the game mode.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

1 hour ago, Styopa.2538 said:

Where did you get that this was one of the achievements?

From the original message of this thread, I am guessing. I highlighted it for you. 👀

• Like 2