WvW World Restructuring Beta 1 Veteran Achievement Issue

Rubi Bayer.8493

7 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, we are aware that the WvW World Restructuring Beta 1 Veteran achievement has not been tracking progress correctly. We have a fix ready and will get that to you today. After the fix, the achievement will start tracking progress correctly. The World Restructuring Beta event will still end at reset on October 21, but we are adding a week to the achievement window to ensure that you all have plenty of time to complete the achievement and earn a War Machine weapon skin. You now have until October 28 at 7:00 PM Pacific time to complete five capture or defend events for the achievement. Thank you for your patience.

The most disappointing thing about this whole fiasco was the complete silence from Anet for almost five days. I was checking back here every day to see if there was any word yet and every day there was nothing. A simple update - "We're still working on the problem and once we've got it fixed, we'll do what we can to make sure people have time to complete the achievement." - would have been good. Why is such basic communication so difficult for Anet?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

The most disappointing thing about this whole fiasco was the complete silence from Anet for almost five days. I was checking back here every day to see if there was any word yet and every day there was nothing. A simple update - "We're still working on the problem and once we've got it fixed, we'll do what we can to make sure people have time to complete the achievement." - would have been good. Why is such basic communication so difficult for Anet?

best part is, most of us have met this requirement for the achievement prior to today, we then logged in and did it again, now next week when they " fix" the "fixed" achievements we will do it again

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, RogueBalony.4357 said:

best part is, most of us have met this requirement for the achievement prior to today, we then logged in and did it again, now next week when they " fix" the "fixed" achievements we will do it again

I captured 5 objectives. I captured 5 objectives again. Hey! I captured 5 objectives again, that’s great!

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Between the busted cheevo, the lackluster communication about it AND scheduling the BETA to overlap with a holiday (Mad King) it really feels like a lack of importance placed on the WvW game mode. Would love to see this turned around...but I have just about run out of my copium script.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Holy kitten. The absolute lack of effort even to make an achievement better than "just take or defend five things", and then not add any progress tracking for it, and then not even testing it to make sure that one pitiful achievement actually works properly.... Anet truly does not give any kittens about WvW.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Gralsh.9458 said:

Between the busted cheevo, the lackluster communication about it AND scheduling the BETA to overlap with a holiday (Mad King) it really feels like a lack of importance placed on the WvW game mode. Would love to see this turned around...but I have just about run out of my copium script.

how could you say this! WvW is the cornerstone of GW2

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey everyone, I'm sorry this is happening. I'm just stopping by with a quick note to let you know that people are looking into this right now, and I'll update you as soon as I have more information. For the time being I wanted to make sure you all knew we are aware and we're on it. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey everyone, I'm sorry this is happening. I'm just stopping by with a quick note to let you know that people are looking into this right now, and I'll update you as soon as I have more information. For the time being I wanted to make sure you all knew we are aware and we're on it. 

see you in 5 days but thanks for recognizing it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thanks Rubi for the communication.

Sadly it's late, I'm tired of the frustration of this and it's time to log. Fingers crossed it's a quick fix.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, Caitmonster.9036 said:

I mean... it's a beta for a reason.

Good to hear you guys are looking into it. Best to tamp these bugs out now before restructuring goes live.

I mean... it's beta for wvw stuff and not for adding achievements in the game... cmon

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

I mean... it's a beta for a reason.

Good to hear you guys are looking into it. Best to tamp these bugs out now before restructuring goes live.

achievements arent in beta, they have existed in this game for like 10 years, dont exscuse 5 days of silence and semi success. i expect more bugs with servers which is the actual beta

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1