Herald with ritualist's?

henton.3759

Hi! I switched up my alac ren to a quickness herald recently but i prefer condi revenant more so i thought about making a quickness herald with ritualist gear and for me it makes sense, but i couldn't find a build anywhere. Why literally nobody uses ritualist for herald only diviner?

To answer your question in one word; outperformance. Just looking at the traits of Herald there is no support for condi damage at all. Herald itself only offers one new source of condi application in the form of Elemental Burst. As far as I know... Viper Herald isn't a thing either.

Now looking at Renegade, the ideal alac spec still uses diviner's gear. It's a power based spec. Condi Alac Ren is possible but you have to choose traits to boost condi damage at the cost of traits the help the party. Condi Ren, Alac or not, also gives you ways to apply condis that Herald just can't compete with; Citadel Bombardment, shortbow and Razorclaw's rage. Even with these tools, Power Alac Ren does better.

I'm not theorycrafter so maybe there is something I'm missing. Nor am I going to tell you how to play. If you are set on this path, you'll have to do some experimenting. Find the best runes and sigils. Find the best rotation to squeeze as much torment from Embrace the Darkness as you can before switching back to Glint for quickness application. Hit the golems. Compare your dps to a Diviner Herald.

Just be mindful of your performance. If you are raiding or doing CMs... you don't want to hold a group back. Don't be surprised if people call you out if your damage is much lower than a Diviner Quick herald. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Umbrose.3609 said:

To answer your question in one word; outperformance. Just looking at the traits of Herald there is no support for condi damage at all. Herald itself only offers one new source of condi application in the form of Elemental Burst. As far as I know... Viper Herald isn't a thing either.

Now looking at Renegade, the ideal alac spec still uses diviner's gear. It's a power based spec. Condi Alac Ren is possible but you have to choose traits to boost condi damage at the cost of traits the help the party. Condi Ren, Alac or not, also gives you ways to apply condis that Herald just can't compete with; Citadel Bombardment, shortbow and Razorclaw's rage. Even with these tools, Power Alac Ren does better.

I'm not theorycrafter so maybe there is something I'm missing. Nor am I going to tell you how to play. If you are set on this path, you'll have to do some experimenting. Find the best runes and sigils. Find the best rotation to squeeze as much torment from Embrace the Darkness as you can before switching back to Glint for quickness application. Hit the golems. Compare your dps to a Diviner Herald.

Just be mindful of your performance. If you are raiding or doing CMs... you don't want to hold a group back. Don't be surprised if people call you out if your damage is much lower than a Diviner Quick herald. 

Nothing to say about Herald, but Renegade isn't a power spec, power alac ren only existed because gear adapted to condi support didn't really existed before EoD. Power alac ren really fell off the meta after eod, while condi alac ren still exist, despite not been the best option. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Nothing to say about Herald, but Renegade isn't a power spec, power alac ren only existed because gear adapted to condi support didn't really existed before EoD. Power alac ren really fell off the meta after eod, while condi alac ren still exist, despite not been the best option. 

Really? ...Wow. I am out of the loop for meta stuff.

BUT still... Renegade has the tools needed to be a condi spec while Herald does not. Good luck with this venture, OP.

19 hours ago, henton.3759 said:

Hi! I switched up my alac ren to a quickness herald recently but i prefer condi revenant more so i thought about making a quickness herald with ritualist gear and for me it makes sense, but i couldn't find a build anywhere. Why literally nobody uses ritualist for herald only diviner?

I tried it a little w legendary armor after they first made changes to herald a few months ago to quickness. It seems like you might be able to make it work, but when I tested it I found I had better dps and an easier rotation (mostly just auto + slip in 2) just running power. I also tried a variety of rune and sigil sets(full leg is nice for testing). My best performance was still just full Zerk w scholar, force, impact. You can slip in concentration or some diviners if you wana higher uptime, but power did best for me on the golem and is working fine when I run around with it. DPS could be higher so I still usually play other classes in instanced content for quickness, but it seems ok. It could maybe use a little more dps love.