Jade Bot Mini Sounds [Merged]

Angelz.9713

I got the flame in a BL chest and like the look better than the jade bot, but its little gleeful sound gets annoying fast.

Pretty sure they were designed by Sirius Cybernetics.

———-

Edit: So many confused. Perhaps they don’t know about Genuine People Personalities(tm).

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

I don't know if its related, but since I got my Jade Bot mini, it seems every time I have it out, my system lags and I noticed that the gameplay lags even worse where there are a bunch of the Jade Bot minis in a small area (Like the Thousand Seas Previlon). I'm almost convinced the coding for the mini's animations and sounds are off and this is what is causing the lag.

Of course, I could be completely mistaken, it's just something I noticed when a lot of mini jade bots are around, but when there are none around there does not seem to be an issue.

Sounds from minis is not a new thing. There is this dog mini that howls all the time which I find more annoying then the cute sounds jade bot minis make. But it doesn’t bother me enough to make a topic and complain about it in the forums when I know so many other players enjoy the dog mini. 

players asked for jade bot minis and even suggested since the price of their skins is expensive they should include one. Anet listened and added what they wanted. It’s a good thing they did. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, kaese.8765 said:

it's not just the sound. there should be an option to cancel other players mini's from loading. less resources wasted for something i don't wanna see. same with backpack skins.

It's free advertising for Anet.  They hope that players will see other players minis, backpacks or whatever, then want them, and then spend money/gems to get them, too.  I highly doubt that they would allow players to cancel them. 

• Like 3

On 10/19/2022 at 8:49 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

I got the flame in a BL chest and like the look better than the jade bot, but its little gleeful sound gets annoying fast.

Pretty sure they were designed by Sirius Cybernetics.

———-

Edit: So many confused. Perhaps they don’t know about Genuine People Personalities(tm).

"It is very easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words - and this is the rock solid principle on which the whole of the Corporation's Galaxy-wide success is founded - their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws."

Love that series.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

This is a recurring problem ever since End of Dragons release. It seems they got new sound engineers who don't understand what the volume channels are, and keep putting ambient sounds like the jade bot, and "voiced" ambient sounds like the Bladesworn's sigh, and many grunts and attack sounds from the expansion enemies and classes, under dialogue channel instead of ambient channel.

As many players have this turned way higher than ambient, it becomes quite loud. This isn't always the case but I've found alot of times  turning dialogue down helps, just turn it back up for story. The defaults are all at 80% so it makes sense they wouldn't really notice it. (But this leads to a flat soundscape with everything equalised).

The music has the same problem--its not consistently volume matched. The Core music is all at full volume, HoT and PoF music are about 75% of that, and EoD music is about 50% of that. This leads to some weirdness where they mix old and new tracks in the same mission.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2

Haha, I've spent so much time on the sound settings page these past several days due to all the sonic annoyances. I just need to set up a system wide hotkey I guess to mute/unmute GW2 more easily. Had to do that with other games too (BDO and that damned Shai right next to the warehouse "do it better!") so I guess I'm just being lazy.

since you are launching such a mini, add an extra feature to hide or mute the mini's. No one understands how you entertain people who haven't played the game so much. because of these annoying and annoying sounds, now I have to close the game directly instead of dealing with trade mail in my spare time. I am one of those who like to play the game with their voices. (Except for the annoying mini-sounds.) If you want us to play the game like this, don't stop, Anet. continue this way. I can guarantee you will lose many people like me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

At every map meta and other group content, including Strike Missions, these annoying squeaks are driving me insane!

Not enough that we have to endure the weirdly shaped, toxic green mechs, now we have even more obnoxious visuals in the form of glowing, oversized jade bot minis with the addition of annoying sounds.

Have mercy, ArenaNet!

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

On 11/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, vares.8457 said:

I don’t think they are that annoying. If they are bothering you turn down the volume. 

•  

It's obvious you haven't played the game. It's silly of you to answer "mute the volume down". There is no sound option in the game where you can turn off the mini sounds. Please read the thread properly first. or refrain from commenting. so many people and most of those who do not comment on this subject are writing comments because there is no such option. Also why am I muting all game sound for the stupid annoying sound?

Also, Wasn't it ANET who said give us feedback on the twitch stream, am I misremembering?

ANET????

Edited by Rabid.9138
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...