Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Why The New Armors andWeapons In Black Lion Trading?


Thwardolius.4567

Recommended Posts

I went into the Black Lion tonight to upgrade some armor and weapons, and discovered new items for sale such as rascal's armor and knight's and valkyrie's weapons, all of which have significantly better stats (aside from defense, because they are all blues and whites), many at very low prices.  Where did these all come from?  I have never seen them before in the Black Lion.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My point is that I have not seen these kinds of armor before even though I have been playing a month or so.  Did they show up because of the Halloween festival?  Has something else changed in the game?  I am sure I would have noticed if I'd seen them previously.  If they were always there, oh well I guess I am just getting old ...  Thanks!

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The trading post (TP) is where players buy and sell to each other. People tend to reference Black Lion more with the weapon collections you can buy with Black Lion tokens, either for your own wardrobe or to sell on the TP. 

Your settings may also only show you gear suitable for your profession and level, which might be why you haven't seen some items (you can change this to 'show all')

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fleabite.7528 said:

Your settings may also only show you gear suitable for your profession and level, which might be why you haven't seen some items (you can change this to 'show all')

This is most likely the reason. The Trading Post defaults to showing you items that character can use, so if you look at it using a low level character you'll be limited to low level equipment and all characters will be limited to the armour weight they can wear.

None of the stat combinations you mentioned are new, or any more widely available as a result of Halloween. But those are 3-stat combinations which are only available above level 52 for weapons and 60 for armour. So most likely what's happened is you've crossed one or both of those level boundaries since you last looked at the Trading Post and now you're seeing higher level items.

You can turn off that filter whenever you want (it's at the top of the search window) to see everything which is available. Just remember if you're shopping for items to use on that character you'll then need to check the level requirement and armour weight/weapon type.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just FYI, there are a lot of collection items you can buy on the TP. You could craft them, too, but if you are leveling and wanting to upgrade your gear, then look specifically for suitable pieces that you haven't yet unlocked the skin. Do pay attention to price and stats, though. You'll advance achievements at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:
11 hours ago, Fleabite.7528 said:

Your settings may also only show you gear suitable for your profession and level, which might be why you haven't seen some items (you can change this to 'show all')

This is most likely the reason. The Trading Post defaults to showing you items that character can use, so if you look at it using a low level character you'll be limited to low level equipment and all characters will be limited to the armour weight they can wear.

Additionally, it's possible that @Thwardolius.4567 was F2P until recently, which blocks many TP purchases and sales including gear and may hide them.

 

But for sure, this is 100% not new and has been there since Day 1 August 25, 2012.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Additionally, it's possible that @Thwardolius.4567 was F2P until recently, which blocks many TP purchases and sales including gear and may hide them.

 

But for sure, this is 100% not new and has been there since Day 1 August 25, 2012.

I've just checked on my free account and none of that stuff is hidden, it's just locked and greyed out. (Also if you click on it instead of the buy window you get a message about buying an expansion to unlock access to the full range of items.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...