[Suggestion for ANET] Regarding animation of Charr movement for the purpose of aesthetics and exclusion of racial discrimination

FD KIM.8293

I want to propose a constructive change in the animation of the movement of the Charr race.
Yes, it is very plot-based, because of the proximity to the animal world and their carnivorousness, to stand on 4 paws when running. But, in the historical plot, there are charrs who followed in the footsteps of intelligence. I.e., my suggestion is to add a function to disable the transition to running four paws, leaving the value of movement on two paws outside the battle constant. If for a warrior, a ranger, as an example, it is very beautiful and atmospheric - running on four paws, then for charr mag-derivatives I think it is not very aesthetic. There may be a separate setting in the or options.... I have no more ideas for this implementation, in fact, this change will not affect anything except aesthetics, I do not see any problems for the introduction of this function.

If playing as a warrior, I am impatiently waiting for the exit from the battle, so that my charr would run on four paws, then being a necromancer, I always try to run with a weapon in my hands, in order to keep the movement on two paws. Aesthetics 😃

Thank you very much for your attention, I very much hope that my proposal will reach the right instance (probably to designers) and will be considered. Well, the decision on the need to enable this function, of course, remains up to you.

ps: I want to add that in the case of jumping puzzles, the charr feature with running on four paws very strongly discriminates against the race in terms of efficiency, that is, adding the voiced function would allow charr to be leveled with other races, which would also potentially lead to the approval of players who love these beautiful meat-eaters =)))

Edited by FD KIM.8293
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 27
  • Sad 3

• FD KIM.8293 changed the title to Suggestions regarding animation of Charr movement for the purpose of aesthetics and exclusion of racial discrimination

I disagree, running in all fours is a really cool detail and it looks really good and smooth.

What i'd like however, is that you can onyl run in all fours when having switfness/superspeed, and using the trotting animation when running at normal speed (the animation with sheathed weapons and in combat).

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I like the running on all fours animation personally but I would not be opposed to give players the option of choosing to run on two. ( It's certainly no skin off my nose). However, there are two of those in game currently. The one where the character holds weapons in his hands, which we are all familiar with and the one you see unarmed NPCs using around the black citadel, which looks goofy af.

If the first is chosen, you Charr will forever be running with his left shoulder leaning forward. If the later, well let's just say I don't expect that one to be very popular. All this to say, they'd probably have to rig up a new running animation which I don't see happening. I'd rather they just have every Charr use the all fours running animation, PC or NPC if only to unify the theme but I know that's just me. The more animalistic running gait is one of the many things that attracted me to the race way back when.

NB: Oh and this as been asked for by certain players since 2012.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Please no. I've been playing almost exclusively Charrs for like 5 years I know where their contact box is better than on normal characters lol.

This would screw me over.

Either unsheath your weapons if you wanna run on 2 legs or just roll an alt for JPs if you can't handle them on a Charr.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

@OP, please use the "right-click > paste as plain text" option when copying into the forum.

If charr would have a smooth running animation, ie, avoiding the 4-legged run, I might play them. As-is, they trigger my motion sickness. Maybe I would get used to it, as I did with mounts, but since there are other choices, I've never played one for any length of time.

• Like 2

Based on the comments, I see that either the translator of my language into English fails or the commentators did not think about it. I offer the player a choice of how the charr will run outside the battle. and the main point is not even JP, but aesthetics. As for dominating the natural essence of the charrs, it is that the intellectual classes themselves chose to stand on 2 paws. By the way, one brilliant suggestion was higher, since it's too difficult, but not to support the transition to 4 paws with a speed buff is a sin.

but most of all I am surprised by people who ask not to touch anything, leave it as it is, use the resource for other purposes. do not forget that such trifles create a game atmosphere, no, not alone, but in combination with others yes. don't be so critical and think bigger.

I apologize for the contrasting or highlighted text, but I have 1 post in the topic displayed in plain text.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, FD KIM.8293 said:

if it's about me, then not Google Tr. 😃

Fair.  🙂

3 hours ago, FD KIM.8293 said:

Based on the comments, I see that either the translator of my language into English fails or the commentators did not think about it.

I assumed based on this.  The translate was truly the part I wanted to highlight for @Dawdler.8521 and placed Google in as the assumption.  My apologies.  🙂

2 hours ago, FD KIM.8293 said:

thank you, I understood, but in the end, as I see, the essence was conveyed by the translator +- right 😃

What you said was conveyed very well.  

As you used a translator, the portion of his post I quoted, may have not been understood well, which was the purpose of my post to him.  

translator or not, your English seems quite good.  

2 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

translator or not, your English seems quite good.  

Thank you, I usually try to use simple sentences. Yes, my English is not bad in writing, I understand other people's words, but to exclude semantic errors, I often write answers with the help of a translator

Edited by FD KIM.8293
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FD KIM.8293 said:

Thank you, I usually try to use simple sentences. Yes, my English is not bad in writing, I understand other people's words, but to exclude semantic errors, I often write answers with the help of a translator

I think some of our people born in America could benefit from that as well lol.  😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Don't feel in any way bad @FD KIM.8293, as being American myself, my hand written penmanship is so bad most times, I myself need a translator to understand what I wrote to lol. Of course, being able to type what I want to say, and using Google too of course, helps out a ton to be sure. So it's all good man... 🙂

As far as your post goes, well being a new player to the game and all, I was pleasantly surprised to see the Charr actually had a different movement animation compared to not only the rest of the in game races, but also compared to nearly every other game with a playable race as well. However, being the old school gamer that I am, I have learned that the more options a person has in customizing any character (or race), the better it is in both the short and long run. More options equals more immersion at times, and more fun as well as the player feels he has a direct effect (and choice) in what his character is like.

However, that being said, if @Harak.8397 is correct in saying that this option has been "asked for by certain players since 2012", then for good or bad atm I don't see the Dev's implementing this option any time soon. But as the old adage says, "a closed mouth doesn't get fed", please keep on asking for this as maybe one day it will be added into the game. Either way, enjoy the game as best one can, and keep on truckin' (or running as the case may be lol)...

Peace...