GW1 Obsidian / FoW Prestige Amor

Napster.8290

I'm playing Guild Wars since it's early days and I really miss those very prestigious armor sets from gw1: Obsidian Armor.

I'd really like to have it implemented like the GWAMM title, once you earned it in Guild Wars 1 it unlocks in gw2. In case of the armor sets an outfit for each owned obsidian armor type would be marvelous!

All I want is that sweet Paragon Obsidian Armor for my warrior girl in gw2 😞

I don't mind having all the other sets as well, because I believe I got almost every set in gw1 :'D 

What do you guys think of this?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

While the HoM rewards for GW1 were a really nice way to honor GW1 players and even encourage people to play it before GW2, it doesn't make any sense to me to start retroactively adding GW2 stuff for GW1 achievements ten years into the game.

For nostalgia's sake, adding a Paragon Obsidian Armor skin into GW2 that can be earned in GW2 or bought as an outfit would be fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

While the HoM rewards for GW1 were a really nice way to honor GW1 players and even encourage people to play it before GW2, it doesn't make any sense to me to start retroactively adding GW2 stuff for GW1 achievements ten years into the game.

For nostalgia's sake, adding a Paragon Obsidian Armor skin into GW2 that can be earned in GW2 or bought as an outfit would be fine.

This.

I would be delighted to see Obsidian armor sets added to gw2 but it will need to be earned in GW2 to justify the development resources.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Tbh I'm fine with either way, I just like the looks of these sets and it was a thriving force for many many players to get these armors. So I think it would be great to add them to gw2, doesn't matter if store or achiev based, but the nostalgia for a lot of ppl would go through the roof! 

2 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Unless you're a Ritualist or a Paragon Obsidian Armor makes you turn into a walking charcoal.

The Luxon/Kurzick/Primeval/Ancient armor would be more prestigious.

I can't agree, most of them are pretty good. Sure they have that spikey obsidian theme, but none of them (except maybe male necro) will turn you into charcoal. I think this impression exists only because we had no dye channels back in the day and everyone dyed their stuff black, cuz it was the most expensive. Male ele and female mesmer would probably become a fast fan favorite for old and new guild wars players alike. Monk was excellent too, warrior is a classic staple, necro would be loved by edgy teens or whatever lol. It's just wasted potential for existing and fan favorite skins of the guild wars universe, which "only" need to be transferred to gw2 graphics.