Darkrime Delves, very nostalgic!

Dib.4612

Replaying Icebrood Saga for the Legendary Amulet right now and I didn't even remember this mision, but,

wow it feels just like the first Guild Wars. Very gritty and serious. And especially with this map on the side it felt just like doing an old Guild Wars mission.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/4/4f/Delving_for_Treasure_map.jpg/1920px-Delving_for_Treasure_map.jpg

I also can't believe they went through all of that trouble to design a special weapon for Ryland WITH amazing weapon skills, it's lovely! Oh and Almorra, wow!

Would love to see more of this kind of athmosphere in this game with the important story insights it gives!

Edited by Dib.4612
Almorra
  • Like 5

Players give IceBrood Saga alot of flak but it was at least on par with the other Living World seasons. Champions was a bit weak but I still enjoyed most of it, the only thing I didn't like is the rushed ending (Dragonstorm).

The dwarven ruins were definitely my favorite parts of the saga, but the norn ruins were nice too.

If you play the Fractal mission Deepstone (its from GW1 era) you'll see what these cities look like before they got ruined. I think its the only time we see a pristine dwarven city in this game, compared to how run down (though beautiful) they are in LWS4 and IBS, clearly using the same architecture just centuries later.

If you also haven't done Rune-Locked Doors and its sub-collections from Fortune's Vale (in Desert Highlands, from Path of Fire), I also highly recommend it as its very similar to Darkrime Delves.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune-Locked_Doors

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 5:31 PM, Dib.4612 said:

wow it feels just like the first Guild Wars. Very gritty and serious. And especially with this map on the side it felt just like doing an old Guild Wars mission.

This. This is what we need in GW2 some more; a lot is being taken comically and not very seriously which kills the immersion and general feel of characters and the world around you.
Icebrood Saga started off fantastically; the seriousness was absolutely where it should've been all this time. I was hoping EoD would continue that but then we get... yeah. Gorrik who is not shutting up and being a pest.

I totally agree with what you said, as someone who lived and breathed in GW1, playing through this mission was amazing!