I'm shocked that after 10 years only Heavy armor characters get full access to style changes.

Dracula.1709

My main is a Light armor class and therefore 2/3 of everything I've unlocked I can not don.  There's no logical argument for it.  Even from a PvP perspective one can simply turn off character cosmetics.  Plus there are outfits that look like heavy armor that a light armor class can wear.  It should change.  Every other MMO that had a similar system has removed the need for weight requirements on cosmetics/styles.  GW2 should do the same.  Ten years of dresses for my Necromancer...  Come on, man!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 22
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dracula.1709 said:

My main is a Light armor class and therefore 2/3 of everything I've unlocked I can not don.  There's no logical argument for it.  Even from a PvP perspective one can simply turn off character cosmetics.  Plus there are outfits that look like heavy armor that a light armor class can wear.  It should change.  Every other MMO that had a similar system has removed the need for weight requirements on cosmetics/styles.  GW2 should do the same.  Ten years of dresses for my Necromancer...  Come on, man!

Do us all a favor and do some research into what the Devs would have to do in order to accommodate your request (make no mistake, not all of us want this) before you demand that they change how they've been doing armors for the past ten years.

Also, Heavy classes can only uses Heavy armors, they can't use light or medium armors. Same goes for Medium classes. You're title is nonsensical.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Dracula.1709 said:

Some correction to my title and body. I got confused while making this post but my angst remains the same.  I think ANet should unlock all armor styles so character cosmetics can get a nice full menu of options.

Title still inaccurate. All 3 weight categories have still the same access to style changes. Every weight category has 2/3 of armor sets locked out - heavy armor is not in any way different from light in that.

Edit: if your point however was that you want a heavy armor look on your light armor character, you can have that. There are several outfits that do that, and some armor sets that have the same look for all 3 armor classes are for "heavy armor" look. You have just probably not looked hard enough for those.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2