Guild Wars 2 Geo Guesser - How well do you know Tyria?

Mael.3259

Hey there! I want to show you a thing I made, and also get suggestions on some Guild Wars 2 things!

The TLDR of the thing: I've made a Geoguessr style game for the world of Guild Wars 2, I hope you'll check it out and find it fun. You can play it here - https://gw2-geoguesser.mael.tech/.

My favourite thing about Guild Wars 2 is the exploration, and all the cool locations and little things tucked away in maps, and to me this is just an excuse to showcase the fantastic world of the game.

There's a random quick game mode, and a ranked mode where the game is fixed each day/week/month for people to play (you'll need to make an account to play ranked games, but there's some rewards on the line too).

Now for the suggestions I want from you all! I plan to add more locations in the future to add more variety/difficulty to guess depending on how this is received/if people play it - and I'm also looking for suggestions and ideas! Got a cool location in Guild Wars 2 you think would make a great place to guess? Let me know, I'd love to hear about it!

You can find other Guild Wars 2 things I've made here, such as a Twitch extension panel to show build information, and Dedupe-o-tron (an inventory management helper).

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Mael.3259 said:

You can find other Guild Wars 2 things I've made here, such as a Twitch extension panel to show build information, and Dedupe-o-tron (an inventory management helper).

Just as semi-related feedback: Kitty's tried to get that Twitch extension to work occasionally for half a year but it refuses to fetch the character list at all and thus can't choose the character to show its build. And Kitty's tested it in all the ways she can think of, including different API keys and accounts. Is it broken just for Kitty? o.o' (And sorry about bringing it up here.)

E: Kitty troubleshot further and it is indeed a "just for Kitty" problem on one specific PC's Opera.

Edited by LadyKitty.6120
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LadyKitty.6120 said:

Just as semi-related feedback: Kitty's tried to get that Twitch extension to work occasionally for half a year but it refuses to fetch the character list at all and thus can't choose the character to show its build. And Kitty's tested it in all the ways she can think of, including different API keys and accounts. Is it broken just for Kitty? o.o' (And sorry about bringing it up here.)

No problem, that’s odd (sorry about it not working). If you’re comfortable with it, could you direct message me the API key you’re trying to use with the extension? I’ll take a look and see if I can figure out why it’s not working for you and get it fixed!

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

1994 points until the last image was inside a kitten jumping puzzle.

Ah, yeah, that’s unfortunate. 😅 I think a few of the recent locations I added are more challenging than the baseline I was trying to keep. I’ll be adding more locations though, so that should help dilute the difficult ones out more hopefully.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...