Seeing Jade Bots

Farohna.6247

12 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

"Small"?!? The fat cat ball and the anime ghost are huge compared to most other miniatures (if not all). They also sparkle/glow.

They ruin the whole ambience.

Ok I laughed at the fat cat ball 🤣.  I don't find them any worse than flaming griffons, shiny shiba inus, nor Lord Faren in a loin cloth running high speed behind someone.  I can appreciate not everyone will like them ❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I like minis. When I first saw those Jade Bot skins in the gem store, I was wondering how many players will spend $20 on something that rarely appears 😶 So ANet knew and... tada! The mini. I spent around 15g for the research notes and now I am thumb twiddling waiting for the bot skins to return to the gem store 🙂 Got to have that chubby fat cat!

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Ok I laughed at the fat cat ball 🤣

😁

16 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I don't find them any worse than flaming griffons, shiny shiba inus, nor Lord Faren in a loin cloth running high speed behind someone.  I can appreciate not everyone will like them ❤️

Okay, you have a good point there. I also highly dislike the mecha skyscale's sounds and visuals as well.

It would be lovely if we could deactivate those sounds at least...

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

30 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

😁

Okay, you have a good point there. I also highly dislike the mecha skyscale's sounds and visuals as well.

It would be lovely if we could deactivate those sounds at least...

Agreed that they need a little checkbox and/or more specific disable player sounds options.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

This abomination of a mini should have come with an option to turn off all minis, a feature me and others have been asked for for years.

I think my chubby flying kitty is awesome, other people think a bright red character with floating orbs, snowfall and blue ghoststuff eminating from them is awesome - no harm in that.

How do your characters look? All grey/brown with no special mount skins or fancy dyes anywhere, no infusions? You use lowlevel weapon skins and no fancy ones? 

Maybe someone will think your way of dressing up your characters is obnoxious, and we can go on and on and on - instead of feeling like Anet should please you specifically, maybe just find peace in that we all have different taste and that will always be the case in any MMO? 

You want minis toggled off, other people don't want to look at legendaries, infusions, mount skins, loud colors - Anet can NEVER please everybody. If they made everything a toggle someone would be mad about THAT. Where does it end then? Anet makes the decisions, and we play their game. 

Edited by vinterberg.2783
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, vinterberg.2783 said:

I think my chubby flying kitty is awesome, other people think a bright red character with floating orbs, snowfall and blue ghoststuff eminating from them is awesome - no harm in that.

Me turning of the minis or particle eyesores on my end doesn't hurt anyone, unless these take offense in other people protecting their eyes. And in that case, offending these people is the right choice.

And yes, with all that flashing light and particle vomit, there can be actual harm. Seizures are a real issue and this game is not unlikely to cause them.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, vinterberg.2783 said:

other people think a bright red character with floating orbs, snowfall and blue ghoststuff eminating from them is awesome - no harm in that.

Well, at least those characters don't squeak 24/7. That cartoon ghost is driving me crazy with its squeaking. Everywhere I go now, I keep hearing that annoying sound. 😔

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Me turning of the minis or particle eyesores on my end doesn't hurt anyone, unless these take offense in other people protecting their eyes. And in that case, offending these people is the right choice.

And yes, with all that flashing light and particle vomit, there can be actual harm. Seizures are a real issue and this game is not unlikely to cause them.

If people are prone to seizures then they shouldn't play certain video games. That's entirely on their end, to take good care of themself. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, at least those characters don't squeak 24/7. That cartoon ghost is driving me crazy with its squeaking. Everywhere I go now, I keep hearing that annoying sound. 😔

There's plenty of annoying sounds and visuals - let's just make GW2 silent with a black screen to not annoy anyone at all 😁

Just give it some time, right now people are enjoying their ghosts and that's fine - it's just a game.. ❤️

• Like 4