Fundamental design flaw that has Asura unable to shoot over the slightest height variation.

HARDOFREADING.7298

Test it. Check it. Been this way for 10 years. I'm going to start listing design flaws soon and we'll go about this is a here and there fashion.

How is this fair?  If Asura have 0 advantage for LACK of HEIGHT in regards to hitbox calculations etc.....How is it fair to have a MASSIVE RANGED FIRING disadvantage?

Does this comically bad feature exist for asura rangers or was that quietly adjusted?  There is literally no reason to play Asura in a competitive mode because you have an inherent fundamental game design flaw limiting your combat abilities.

Simple as that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

True, but then targeting/hitting them should be harder as well.  😬

I agree. Time to institute mandatory action cam and race-specific hitboxes. 

Asura melee range cut down to 50 units, they become virtually unhitable and unable to hit things! Balance achieved via realism!

edit: /s since someone didn’t realize I’m joking.

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Confused 1

On 10/25/2022 at 4:21 PM, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

Test it. Check it. Been this way for 10 years. I'm going to start listing design flaws soon and we'll go about this is a here and there fashion.

How is this fair?  If Asura have 0 advantage for LACK of HEIGHT in regards to hitbox calculations etc.....How is it fair to have a MASSIVE RANGED FIRING disadvantage?

Does this comically bad feature exist for asura rangers or was that quietly adjusted?  There is literally no reason to play Asura in a competitive mode because you have an inherent fundamental game design flaw limiting your combat abilities.

Simple as that.

dont want to burst your bubble.... but Asura is giving a HUGE advantage in combat.  

If you make your asura very small, it is borderline impossible to tell what animation they are doing.

Playing a tiny asura is giving you a huge advantage.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:07 PM, BishiDe.6925 said:

Sure it's a height problem? There are places in wvw where my max sized Charr's projectiles get obstructed by the air itself. The SW camp on the Alpine Borlderlands for one.

Not a height problem - happens with sylvari & humans as well on that SW camp. Longbow often gets blocked by terrain on enemies that are actually adjacent to you.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#Competitive

• Standard Enemy Models — If enabled, uses the standard model to display enemies, their armor, and their weapons. This has some positive effect on performance, especially in large team fights. This only has an effect in Custom Arena with Tournament Commands, Ranked Arena, Unranked Arena, WvW
  • Standard Friendly Models — Same as above except for friendly players.