Catalyst feel like a bad scrapper

Personally I love to play elementalist but it is a meme class in pvp.
It really does feel like choosing elementalist is just playing pvp on hard mode for no benefit, and you feel extra bad where there have a enhanced version of catalyst.
Scrapper have better damage/mobility/spam stability and quick/massive barrier /extreme resurrecting ability then catalyst.
A chinese proverb which says "既生瑜,何生亮",  it means that there is someone better than you who is outshining you at every turn, then you know that feel to be ele main.
I don't know but it is time to nerf engi,  the golden child of Anet, always .... 

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Confused 31

1 hour ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

A chinese proverb which says "既生瑜,何生亮",  it means that there is someone better than you who is outshining you at every turn, then you know that feel to be ele main.... 

I think the correction translation is: "whatever you are doing there is always an asian kid doing it better than you".

• Haha 10

No. Scrapper has mobility. 

They need to change hammer skills and bake the hammer 3 into the elite though. Not all hammer skills but skill 4 in air is still janky af. Skill 5 in air is also stupid as it’s a timed charge. Should just be an instant cast blast finisher.

I also wouldn’t mind if water hammer 5 did what it does in addition to being a minor aoe knockback. 

but alas they are not engi so no weapon skill reworks for them. 

seriously though, devs, pls just bake hammer’s 3 skill into the attunements and spec itself and replace hammer 3 with something other than non boon boons and projectiles that sometimes fire accidentally. Don’t bake something this unique into one weapon when you could add higher value to the spec itself. 

and the utilities are still garbage imo. I’d love to have something more useful outside of pve. I’ve been using healing signet and conjure earth shield for far too long. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

50 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

They need to change hammer skills and bake the hammer 3 into the elite though. Not all hammer skills but skill 4 in air is still janky af. Skill 5 in air is also stupid as it’s a timed charge. Should just be an instant cast blast finisher.

I also wouldn’t mind if water hammer 5 did what it does in addition to being a minor aoe knockback. 

but alas they are not engi so no weapon skill reworks for them. 

seriously though, devs, pls just bake hammer’s 3 skill into the attunements and spec itself and replace hammer 3 with something other than non boon boons and projectiles that sometimes fire accidentally. Don’t bake something this unique into one weapon when you could add higher value to the spec itself. 

and the utilities are still garbage imo. I’d love to have something more useful outside of pve. I’ve been using healing signet and conjure earth shield for far too long. 

You mean "yes"

Engi have better mobility , for some reason they don't allow elementalist have mobility.

Engi have better hammer and catalyst don't need a good weapn coz there have conjure weapon.

Engi have 0CD conjure weapo (kit)  and elementalist have 60~180 CD.

Engi got love and elementalist don't need it ..... BaLAnce

Engi is currently destroying PvP. Please consider nerf it ASAP.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, pbalint.1607 said:

No

Yes on that No

7 hours ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

I think the correction translation is: "既生瑜,何生亮" = Ele is OP, Scrapper is bad

Agreed

6 hours ago, ZoXLike.9073 said:

then play scrapper?

No

1 hour ago, Bast.7253 said:

Yes

12 minutes ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

You mean "yes"

No, he means Yes but No

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

None has figured it out…. All those top tier meta catalyst players would be way better off switching to scrapper.

Anecdotally one of my hardest match ups as scrapper is a good catalyst.  

sometimes though it takes the fresh eyes of a newly minted keyboard warrior with a whole month of typing experience to point out what everyone in top tier has missed about the true meta

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Incidentally a very good ele has explained to you that engineers are a minimal concern and has given you builds that neutralizes it in one of your many other spans….. instead of repeating the same thing senselessly, why not actually take the expert advice you get to the contrary of what you write on every thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Story time!

Ever since my friends officially quit PvP, I've been doing a lot more PvE content. Catalyst gives me an aneurysm sometimes, but it's the most fun build out there IMO. 

Anyway, so after realizing I'm rusty as all heck, I decided to play some hammer cata in Ranked. Deciding not to go in unprepared, I did a quick readup on how to play it to refresh my memory. 

One line stood out to me "You will generally be rotating attunements in this order Earth > Air > Fire > Water > Earth. This gives you good uptime on--" 

The other part wasn't as important. The important thing was that that sequence looked awfully familiar. 

Familiar because that's the raid rotation. 

I had my goal. I would go onto a side node, find my target, do my raid rotation on them, and hope for the best. 

Game 1 I found my first vict--err Target. A core ranger. 

I should take time to mention that the raid rotation starts off conveniently with a stun, and I can set up that stun with my Earth 5 immobilize. So I landed my CC, channeled my hurricane of pain and-- 

He stunbreaked out of it. 

Of course... He's a core ranger so he probably has 3 of those. 

Not to be deterred, I decided (after a bit of mag and shocking aura spam) it was time for a change of plan. So I gave myself might and quickness, pulled out my earth shield, and unleashed the BONK.

He died lol.

(To this day I wonder why earth shield autos clap so damned hard.)

Eventually, as fate would have it, I found my ultimate target. A Mechanist. 

After making sweet love to some boxes, the Mechanist eventually gets tired of my shananigans, precasts rifle 4 and shift signets towards me. 

The fool! Thats was his one stunbreak. 

I burn air signet. Stun him with shock blast, and proceed to raid rotation all over him... I don't even get to finish the fire section of my first loop before he drops into downstate. 

I was not going to waste this opportunity. I was GOING to do a full rotation on him... So i finish it on downed body, pull out my fiery greatsword, and spin into the sunset. 

Moral of the story... Idk. Earth shield go bonk. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Story time!

Ever since my friends officially quit PvP, I've been doing a lot more PvE content. Catalyst gives me an aneurysm sometimes, but it's the most fun build out there IMO. 

Anyway, so after realizing I'm rusty as all heck, I decided to play some hammer cata in Ranked. Deciding not to go in unprepared, I did a quick readup on how to play it to refresh my memory. 

One line stood out to me "You will generally be rotating attunements in this order Earth > Air > Fire > Water > Earth. This gives you good uptime on--" 

The other part wasn't as important. The important thing was that that sequence looked awfully familiar. 

I had my goal. I would go onto a side node, find my target, do my raid rotation on them, and hope for the best. 

I should take time to mention that the raid rotation starts off conveniently with a stun, and I can set up that stun with my Earth 5 immobilize. So I landed my CC, channeled my hurricane of pain and-- 

Not to be deterred, I decided (after a bit of mag and shocking aura spam) it was time for a change of plan. So I gave myself might and quickness, pulled out my earth shield, and unleashed the BONK.

He died lol.

After making sweet love to some boxes, the Mechanist eventually gets tired of my shananigans, precasts rifle 4 and shift signets towards me. 

I burn air signet. Stun him with shock blast, and proceed to raid rotation all over him... I don't even get to finish the fire section of my first loop before he drops into downstate. 

I was not going to waste this opportunity. I was GOING to do a full rotation on him... So i finish it on downed body, pull out my fiery greatsword, and spin into the sunset. 

But if they nerf shield they need to compensate elsewhere to bake the reason why players are choosing it into the spec. They’ll probably just nerf it though. 

59 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

But if they nerf shield they need to compensate elsewhere to bake the reason why players are choosing it into the spec. They’ll probably just nerf it though. 

What does it say about the PvP forums when a light hearted story gets interpreted as a nerf post. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Story time!

He died lol.

12 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

first of all!

S+Tier story! thanks for that!

In all honesty...   they can just scrap alot of the dmg that Earthshield does. 

BUT DONT TOUCH THE FUNCTIONALITY OR THE DEFENSE IT GIVES.

Personally speaking, i would still use the Earthshield if it did exactly 0 damage. But i would drop it the second they remove the barrier, or they get rid of the magaura, yada yada. 

They didnt nerf the dmg in feb 2020... lets be real... that was a oversight.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

She dashed by me in painted on jeans
And all the heads turned because she was the queen
In the blink of an eye I knew her number and her name yeah
And she said I was the tiger she wanted to tame

I was in search of a good time
Just running my game
Love was the furthest
From my mind

Caribbean Queen
Now we're sharing the same dream
And our hearts they beat as one
No more love on the run

I lose my cool when she steps in the room
And I get so excited just from her perfume
Electric eyes that you can't ignore
And passion burns you like never before

I was in search of a good time
Just running my game
Love was the furthest
Furthest from my mind

Caribbean Queen
No more love on the run

Caribbean Queen
No more love on the run

Caribbean Queen
No more love on the run

She's the queen
My Caribbean queen...
Edited by Pimsley.3681
Lol ok lol ok

On 10/30/2022 at 2:01 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Ceris is one of best elementalist main, and it just wack by a spam 111111 noob scrapper .

This is fine, totally balance, nothing wrong with scrapper.

Engineer supposed to be that strong.

Do you not notice that at 27 seconds, dude hits one gyro and gets quickness?  Or are you just trying to troll with builds that don't exist anymore?

Also how many stun breaks does this guy have?   What condition cleansing?  This build will be dead when he gets focused.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Do you not notice that at 27 seconds, dude hits one gyro and gets quickness?  Or are you just trying to troll with builds that don't exist anymore?

Also how many stun breaks does this guy have?   What condition cleansing?  This build will be dead when he gets focused.

Look at the big Extra Life mark, The scrapper already been change which mean scrapper still have lot of quickness from tool and rune , there have zero chance they're nerfing their own class....

Is the engineer supposed to be that strong ?

• Confused 2

To answer your question yes they are supposed to be that powerful.  It will feel strong at a low skill level.  When you come up against builds that focus on stun or condi, or you get focused by a coordinated duo at the 15k health you have you’ll see why it’s not viable.  It is fun to play unranked though, and against the right opponents you’ll feel unstoppable.

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

To answer your question yes they are supposed to be that powerful.  It will feel strong at a low skill level.  When you come up against builds that focus on stun or condi, or you get focused by a coordinated duo at the 15k health you have you’ll see why it’s not viable.  It is fun to play unranked though, and against the right opponents you’ll feel unstoppable.

You are wrong.

This is a height ranking game, and scrapper still OP as F*CK.

The skill is a thing but engi boost it up.

I assume you skill level = 100, and you play elementalist, then you skill level = 100 - 20 = 80.

If you play engi,  you skill level = 100 + 20 = 120.

Why does Anet hate elementalist?

Just like Teapot say:
"That just not fun! just not good to have like that's no way to have you class using like 70% of your resource to use 1 skill"

There have no fun a pvp game with 2 engi, like monkey fight, the best way to balance engi is put to death.

• Confused 5

59 minutes ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

You are wrong.

This is a height ranking game, and scrapper still OP as F*CK.

The skill is a thing but engi boost it up.

I assume you skill level = 100, and you play elementalist, then you skill level = 100 - 20 = 80.

If you play engi,  you skill level = 100 + 20 = 120.

Why does Anet hate elementalist?

Just like Teapot say:
"That just not fun! just not good to have like that's no way to have you class using like 70% of your resource to use 1 skill"

There have no fun a pvp game with 2 engi, like monkey fight, the best way to balance engi is put to death.

You are wrong.

This is official forum, and Troll still OP as F*CK.

The skill is a thing but Troll boost it up.

I assume you skill level = 100,  if Troll Play it , then you skill level = 100 - 99999 = -.

If you play scrapper socal scores = 100 -99999 = -∞ coz ppl hate scrapper.

Why does Anet do nothing to the hater?

Just like Teapot say: 

There have no fun a pvp game with 2 Troll, like monkey fight, the best way to deal with trollers is copy what it's say .

Edited by freakcoco.4287