Catalyst feel like a bad scrapper

3 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

You are wrong.

This is a height ranking game, and scrapper still OP as F*CK.

The skill is a thing but engi boost it up.

I assume you skill level = 100, and you play elementalist, then you skill level = 100 - 20 = 80.

If you play engi,  you skill level = 100 + 20 = 120.

Why does Anet hate elementalist?

Just like Teapot say:
"That just not fun! just not good to have like that's no way to have you class using like 70% of your resource to use 1 skill"

There have no fun a pvp game with 2 engi, like monkey fight, the best way to balance engi is put to death.

Still waiting for you to accept my 2v1 offer. You and a friend of you against me.  You two play Engineer and i play Ele.

according to your "top-tier mathing"

"I assume you skill level = 100, and you play elementalist, then you skill level = 100 - 20 = 80.

If you play engi,  you skill level = 100 + 20 = 120."

This should be easy.    If you win you get 100 gold. You dont have to pay me anything, im just trying to prove a point.

/w me and meet me in Customarena. I will record the whole thing and upload it for reference.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

You are wrong.

This is a height ranking game, and scrapper still OP as F*CK.

The skill is a thing but engi boost it up.

I assume you skill level = 100, and you play elementalist, then you skill level = 100 - 20 = 80.

If you play engi,  you skill level = 100 + 20 = 120.

Why does Anet hate elementalist?

Just like Teapot say:
"That just not fun! just not good to have like that's no way to have you class using like 70% of your resource to use 1 skill"

There have no fun a pvp game with 2 engi, like monkey fight, the best way to balance engi is put to death.

Actually I was going to show you this video.  He has a good discussion of the liabilities of this build and how you have to play around them.  Did you listen to what he was actually saying?   You'll notice that he has a short burst, but can't stand toe to toe in the team fight.  The mortar is effective to slowly drain folks down, unless you have quickness.  As he says it is weak at range otherwise.  I'd argue it can be useful to slowly pew in a team fight as folks won't be paying attention to you necessarily.  It also has a heal field you can do hammer in or blast gyro.   You can also hit mortar at range against lower tier folks.

One important thing not pointed out here... is what if your opposing team has strong projectile hate.  Then you have your little burst.... and not much to do for quite a while as your mortar can't fill in, highly impacting the effectiveness of what is supposed to be a team fight dps build.

The build lacks condi cleanse, and its main damage weapon exilir u is also one of its stun breaks.  So you can either use it, and give up one of the two stun breaks, or not.   You have no ports, you have hammer 5 I guess to try to quick escape... but the build lacks stealth or something like acid bomb for emergency repositioning.  So your trying to rely mostly on super speed to run away. 

You'll also note that the hammer is a clunky weapon as he mentions.  But since you die quickly you need it for its active defence like shock shield, and its team fight help with thunderclap, and its combo finisher with evade the rocket charge.   However its auto attack is awful and in general other classes with quickness will make you look like a clown shoe.

So what this build is, is a mediocre dual er, and a dps team fight build.  It can't really stand toe to toe in a team fight... so you have to keep trying to get in and out.  It doesn't have a huge spike... but its nice for AOE DPS and team fight support.

Do you understand?

Edited by shion.2084
  • Thanks 2

"Just like Teapot say:
"That just not fun! just not good to have like that's no way to have you class using like 70% of your resource to use 1 skill""

Also did you not watch that?   He is most certainly not using one skill.   What forces them off the node is his hammer thunderclap with gyro for might and stun and hammer skills in succession.  The mortar is for filling in between the real skills and applying continuous pressure over time.   which skill is just 1 during the majority of the actual heavy fights?

None... really look at the fight sequence from 35seconds to 2 min of that video.  How many times does the scraper hit 1 on either mortar or hammer?   What skills is he using?   

You basically chose the worst possible video for your argument.

Edited by shion.2084

On 11/1/2022 at 11:32 PM, shion.2084 said:

None... really look at the fight sequence from 35seconds to 2 min of that video.  How many times does the scraper hit 1 on either mortar or hammer?   What skills is he using?   

You basically chose the worst possible video for your argument.

There have two video.

Fist clip show how overpower of scrapper on 111 noob.

Second clip show scrapper in height tier match.

Yeap,  the second video is not 111 scrapper, the thing is scrapper OP,  most of weakness can be avoid by position.

Is that fun to build a OP class?

• Confused 1

On 11/4/2022 at 12:36 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

There have two video.

Fist clip show how overpower of scrapper on 111 noob.

Second clip show scrapper in height tier match.

Yeap,  the second video is not 111 scrapper, the thing is scrapper OP,  most of weakness can be avoid by position.

Is that fun to build a OP class?

You are not trying to learn.  You are being told the weaknesses.  Either learn them or continue to lose.  If you don’t actually want to learn that is fine, but then you don’t get to yell nerf just because you look at a video and see 111, which is in reality never pressed.  That’s a you problem.

you are going to really freak when an untamed ports have n you and tail swipes… but you just haven’t got there yet. 

people who actually can play the game have even offered to show you how completely wrong you are and offered you money to play them since you seem so sure you are right.

show them how you can delete them by just pushing one with a complete unbeatable OP class.  

Anyone who knows what they are doing has told you you are wrong, you are just pushing nonsense air.  

Time to put up or shut up

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

A build don't need to be good to be meta, it's need popular to be a meta.

did you just invent a new definition for meta?

i always thought it means "Most effective tactic availabe"..... apparently it means "MEchanist needs Tuning Asap"/s

i love when we just invent new stuff here. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i always thought it means "Most effective tactic availabe"..... apparently it means "MEchanist needs Tuning Asap"/s

They are trolling, right? They have to be.

I refuse to believe there is really a person out there actually thinking all the weird stuff they are typing here.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Btw, you are both wrong. To be META, a spec doesn't need to be effective or popular. Also it is not calling for mechanist tuning.

The true definition of META is "Mayonnaise Emission Tools Available". Who cares about what's effective, as long as your spec can produce some mayonnaise for yummy sammiches, you will have a place in a group.

(Gotta give that to noneHotBuildTest, making up new definitions for meta is fun)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Btw, you are both wrong. To be META, a spec doesn't need to be effective or popular. Also it is not calling for mechanist tuning.

The true definition of META is "Mayonnaise Emission Tools Available". Who cares about what's effective, as long as your spec can produce some mayonnaise for yummy sammiches, you will have a place in a group.

(Gotta give that to noneHotBuildTest, making up new definitions for meta is fun)

you got me in the first half, ngl.

Quality post!

My head is producing weird pictures xD

Flamerthrower Mayonnaisethrower scrapper.   now is the time where i would LOVE customskins 😄 Imagine melting people with mayonnaise....

we gotta stop tho... this thread went from "engie op" to "mayonnaisethrower" REAL QUICK.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Meta encompasses all these definitions. It is “the game beyond the game.” For film and television when a show is “meta” or has “meta commentary” it means the show or film is making commentary in its story about “the act of creating film and television”

For metagaming in this game and elsewhere of course, meta doesn’t always mean the strongest build/strategy. In fact by definition it usually isn’t the strongest build it is what people believe to be the strongest builds…strongest until the next strongest builds are discovered that usurps them. 

if the meta game is constructed in a way that is more natural, then there is a continuous meta game…a strategy that counters a strategy, that counters that strategy, that counters that strategy….(a divergent rather than convergent ruleset) and so on for as many possible strategies there could be that could exist…the evaluation of possible strategies one could take before the game is be played in order to win, is the meta game (and not the playing of the actual game)

most effective tactic available acronym is based on that definition to … hence the word “available” because what is available is what is known until more things become known, and more tactics therefor become available.

if one could prove that build x is the strongest build objectively, then it is the MET not the META 🙂

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

1 hour ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

if the meta game is constructed in a way that is more natural, then there is a continuous meta game…a strategy that counters a strategy, that counters that strategy, that counters that strategy….(a divergent rather than convergent ruleset) and so on for as many possible strategies there could be that could exist…the evaluation of possible strategies one could take before the game is be played in order to win, is the meta game (and not the playing of the actual game)

what's interesting is that perfectly balancing a competitive game mode is close to impossible especially with MMOs

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Whatever scrapper is meta or not ,  the damage of scrapper is overwhelming, and permanent superspeed is not a good design, no matter how bad they are , they cannot be kill with it god tier sustain.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.

Whatever scrapper is meta or not ,  the damage of scrapper is overwhelming, and permanent superspeed is not a good design, no matter how bad they are , they cannot be kill with it god tier sustain.

Engineer is balanced, just learn to play!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, miriforst.1290 said:

So NHBT, hows that duel with Sahne going?

Dying to see the result.

he ignores my invites :C

we already collected pricemoney! some kind soul donated another 50 gold for the pricepool! right now there is 150 gold pricemoney to be collected, if he and his friend manage to kill me in a 2v1. They can play what ever engineer build they feel is the most overpowered, and i will play the "downstate main", just to prove a point.  

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

we already collected pricemoney! some kind soul donated another 50 gold for the pricepool! right now there is 150 gold pricemoney to be collected, if he and his friend manage to kill me in a 2v1. They can play what ever engineer build they feel is the most overpowered, and i will play the "downstate main", just to prove a point. 

May the machine loas forever bless you for doing this, Mr Creme Fine.

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Now I want to kind of join him and play you 🙂.  Maybe I should team up with None... after all unless you have 100% reflect you can't possibly beat us.

Serioulsy though, how do I send you money for this?  Do I need to use 
Sahne.6950 in my mail?

17 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

after all unless you have 100% reflect you can't possibly beat us.

Serioulsy though, how do I send you money for this?  Do I need to use Sahne.6950 in my mail?

im not even gonna bother playing anything with reflects. I am literally gonna play corethief just to assert dominance and proof that it is indeed possible to win against engineer even if you dont have reflects.

yeah... if you fancy increasing the pricepool, send 69 silver and 69 copper to. Sahne.6950. However, NHBT is ignoring my requests.... so there is no need to.

But... some people still insisted... and so far we collected a pricepool of 150 gold, that he can claim at any point. If he looses he doesnt have to pay anything, im just trying to make a point.

But so far... hes scared.

Edited by Sahne.6950

• 3 weeks later...

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts" or "Discussing Moderation Decisions or Policy"
NO MORE BAN PLS.

Heal gyro could have gotten some good changes to make the scrapper even more overpower.

Oh well time to dust off my hammer because on paper these numbers surely look impressive. Too bad hammer catalyst didnt get any balance budget out of it.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 2:14 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Personally I love to play elementalist but it is a meme class in pvp.
It really does feel like choosing elementalist is just playing pvp on hard mode for no benefit, and you feel extra bad where there have a enhanced version of catalyst.
Scrapper have better damage/mobility/spam stability and quick/massive barrier /extreme resurrecting ability then catalyst.
A chinese proverb which says "既生瑜,何生亮",  it means that there is someone better than you who is outshining you at every turn, then you know that feel to be ele main.
I don't know but it is time to nerf engi,  the golden child of Anet, always .... 

Dedicated troll detected.

• Thanks 1