Cheapest food buff for group content ?

Hi gamers ,  

I'm trying to find out which food buff is the cheapest to craft for group content that gives EXP, Karma, Magic Find. you know for groups and trains runs ,  any suggestion ? 

I'm referring to the food buffs that everyone can pick up ( like: Birthday Cakes ). you know that stays for 5 min or more.

even if I need to buy them from TP or their basic mats. ( likes to crafting recipes would be helpful )

I don't know about the cheapest, but the most useful is Spherified Peppercorn-Spiced Oyster Soup. Its identical to the birthday cakes but gives more stats and buffs, and has -10% damage taken.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spherified_Peppercorn-Spiced_Oyster_Soup

You need chefing lv500 to make ascended feasts, however.

If you're talking specifically about raids, etc. then your group will expect Power+Ferocity, which I think is moderately more expensive to craft due to its popularity, and that still leaves condi DPS and healing builds out in the cold which is why players tend to bring their own food.

For easier content, the cheapest feast in the game is Sweet Campfire Treat. It gives a moderately useful buff and you can buy dozens of them per every run of Icebrood Saga strike missions.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sweet_Campfire_Treat

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3

This may not be relevant if you are looking to supply food for the group, but the other half of the food consumption equation is duration... Metabolic Primer extends any food consumption to the remaining timer of the primer (which starts at 12 hours).  So you consume the primer, then the food... and you are good for the 12 hours, which is great for extended runs (like Laby atm).

The downside is that they are account bound and not conveniently available; the most reliable method to restock is to purchase from a BL Vendor using 2 Black Lion Statuettes... which are steadily available through opening BL Chests.

Anyway, you can't directly provide primers to the group, but if it's a familiar group, some coordination and providing this suggestion will save on both cost and convenience of laying down food every 30-240 min.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

This may not be relevant if you are looking to supply food for the group, but the other half of the food consumption equation is duration... Metabolic Primer extends any food consumption to the remaining timer of the primer (which starts at 12 hours).  So you consume the primer, then the food... and you are good for the 12 hours, which is great for extended runs (like Laby atm).

The downside is that they are account bound and not conveniently available; the most reliable method to restock is to purchase from a BL Vendor using 2 Black Lion Statuettes... which are steadily available through opening BL Chests.

Anyway, you can't directly provide primers to the group, but if it's a familiar group, some coordination and providing this suggestion will save on both cost and convenience of laying down food every 30-240 min.

To add on to this, Artificiers can make 4 hour primers using ingredients specific to the home instance garden plots.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baby Goth.4983 said:

I'm trying to find out which food buff is the cheapest to craft for group content that gives EXP, Karma, Magic Find. you know for groups and trains runs ,  any suggestion ?

There are 4 types of feast that are typically provided for big squads: Power, Condition Damage, Boons and All-Around. Smaller party may have different needs such as tanky or healing bonuses, etc.

Aside from the common bonuses (XP, MF, Karma, etc) that all have, there's 3 main unique bonuses to choose from. Of course, the best are usually the most expensive but you're providing it for free so even the cheapest is better than what most players in the squad will have.

These are what I typically lay out for large squads:

1. For Power: +100 Power & +70 Ferocity (Peppercorn-Crusted Sous-Vide Steak)
  2. Condition Damage: +100 Condition Damage & +70 Expertise (Cilantro and Cured Meat Flatbread)
  3. Boons: +100 Concentrations & +70 Expertise (Peppercorn-Spiced Eggs Benedict)
  4. All around: +45 to All Attrributes (Spherified Sesame Oyster Soup)

Note that these are my personal preferences and may not be the best or cheapest. Others may prefer different combinations.

For cost comparisons: GW2 Scratch

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3