No "Extra Life Bonus"

There are no donation goal updates under the golden star "Extra Life" section in the top right corner of the screen. It seems like nobody has the "Extra Life Bonus" either, even though, according to yesterdays blogpost, it should've been granted to everybody from October 25th onwards.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Same issue.  I even walked out of LA and back in to trigger the "travel to" since porting there from a lounge didn't do anything.  Clicking on Learn More warns that I will be sent out to a third party site.  I bought this year's bundle before going to LA.

I don't care about the bonus as such, but this does seem to be a bug.

10 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

Maybe it's not actually meant to be showing until Tuesday, and the UI tracker was mistakenly activated early?

Thought so too at first, but the blogpost clearly states otherwise: "A special enhancement effect is available in game from now until November 16:" (Blogpost). 'From now',  meaning as of the blogpost's date, which was on October 25, 2022 ‒ three days ago.

• Thanks 2

It's just like the WvW beta reward that didn't work until a week after the beta started. Another example of ANet's QA department doing their finest work. I just hope all the donations, bought reward packages and whatnot in the intermediate time will count toward the end goal, because at this moment there's no indication that they are.

3 hours ago, Hyomea.9702 said:

I feel like Anet has some problems with those special event effects atm. The WvW beta buff is still ingame, while the beta actually ended a week ago yesterday.
Let's hope they add the already made donations to the goal retrospectively.

Actually extended a week to Oct. 28 at 7pm PDT.  So, only less than a day over.

It says from this page that: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/extra-life-2022-is-next-week/

A special enhancement effect is available in game from now until November 16:

• +5% Magic Find
  • +5% EXP from All Sources
  • +3% WvW Reward Track Progress
  • +3% PvP Reward Track Progress

But I didn't have the effect no matter from where I entered Lion's Arch, eventhough the notifications says that i can visit lion arch to see donation progress and claim boost but no such options exist for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ardhikaizecson.3697 said:

It says from this page that: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/extra-life-2022-is-next-week/

A special enhancement effect is available in game from now until November 16:

• +5% Magic Find
  • +5% EXP from All Sources
  • +3% WvW Reward Track Progress
  • +3% PvP Reward Track Progress

But I didn't have the effect no matter from where I entered Lion's Arch, eventhough the notifications says that i can visit lion arch to see donation progress and claim boost but no such options exist for me.

I was literally just looking into this too as I see no bonus buff no matter how many times i have left and returned to LA. it is worded that the buff should already be on but I am not seeing it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KgsRoCks.5103 said:

Still no bonus. 

https://i.imgur.com/rxB2p3w.png <-- Currently $ 8,508

The Extra Life fundraising charity of Anet has greatly underperformed this year with only $9,003 raised so far. This is a meager 5% of last years $175,000 (GW2 Wiki Extra Life)!

Just checked LA again: still $8,508. They really should fix the donation goal updates and the missing extra life bonus asap. It's been a week since start already, time is running out...

• Confused 1

well, you gotta consider that GameDay didn´t happen yet. As a former Extra Lifer myself, i can tell you that especially fundraisers, that are not running the whole year, usually don´t raise much before any event specifically made for extra life. 

In this case: it is to be expected, that the fundraiser will not progress much until the actual GameDay-stream on the 4th, as this is the date that the majority of donations (in general) flood into extra life

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

In this case: it is to be expected, that the fundraiser will not progress much until the actual GameDay-stream on the 4th, as this is the date that the majority of donations (in general) flood into extra life

Might very well be like that. I hope for the best.

• Confused 1

The donation goals have been updated again and the bonus effect has finally arrived in the game!
Image showing Extra Life Bonus

Very brazen, how the tweet below comes across, I think. Suggests the effect should be live since today, which is definitely not true (blogpost Extra Life 2022 Is Next Week).
Tweet

Edited by Hyomea.9702
Inserted images are not shown