Wey need more variety of healer

Oceanox.4217

What about arenanet that only uses classes from the first expansion like healer.
the nerf to the vindicator was the most disappointing.
Today healer druid is used in most party compositions in the game, bringing it to wvw was the worst thing that could have happened, leaving other classes out or weaker on zerg.
while other healers were weakened, the druid was further empowered.
I think we need more variety of classes in heal mode and stop using classes that are more than 5 years old. (Tempest, scrapper)
I don't see the point if you like being a healer in wvw buy the expansions if arenanet wants you to use classes from the first expansion

• Like 1
  • Confused 14

There's a variety of ways to heal, some as a straight up static healing turret and some being more movement based or supplemental to other defensive measures. What I haven't seen a huge variety in is what groups and squads look like on the field when they're being healed. Most group comps and team movement and are going to be one of maybe two ways and there's not going to be much hype for healers who can't top charts in that specific scenario. 

Be the patient you want a healer for I guess and stretch out with different types of groups and maneuvering. 

So, healer and support aren't always the same; like yes Druid's healing potential was only rivaled by Vind before nerf; and even still Vind as pure healing burst/power is right up there BUT you also gotta provide the cleanses/boons or boonstrip. I mean, far as the heal first supports, yeah Druid now is top, but I see scrapper/tempests a lot more now. FB/Mesmer still solid and you can make FB more heal centric if wanted; tho you don't want to mess up the reason they're still there.

Anyways, honestly until the Vind nerf I barely saw Druids; I still don't see as many as I'd think, so idk. There's more variety than ever, because yeah scrapper meta was strong, you NEVER saw Druids lol so Druids can have some rejoice now before being blamed for something haha. Even if it's still sorta a small limited classes.

2 hours ago, Oceanox.4217 said:

So you say that there is a variety of healing classes and that my complaint is unfounded?

The way you've worded it. Yes. Scrapper. Tempest, druid, Vindicator, Willbender, Core Guardian, Catalyst, were and still are all viable. 

But none of them are as simple as hold medkit 1 with perma ss and yolo cleanse. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

uhm.....   for half a decade, it was Firebrand and Scrapper only....   

Those 2 were so dominant that it left no room for the other supports, being Tempest, Druid and ventari.

They then nerfed Firebrand and scrapper and buffed tempest, druid and ventari..... with the goal of more variety.... and now your cringing..... because no variety!?  uhm......   wut!?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

I'd prefer it if they removed most group healing altogether.

The game was more action oriented before facetanking rose to preeminence.

IF Anet removes minstrell group heal and tankiness will be reduced, and the supporters will have to choose other stats more suited to their gameplay if trhey want more heal output or boon duration  or have both and be way more suiqshy.

One thing needs to happen or Anet will be always the mess that has been wich is minstrells get removed from game until Anet sees what they can change on those stats or the boon spam in this game needs to have a strong counter and skills that remove boon need to start focusing on removing certain and specific boons in 1st place.

I already know what Anet chooses... they will prefer to continue the mess they are, 1 right change  and 100 wrongs next... rinse and repeat.

Banners warriors skill rework... 2025..soon!

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

this game needs to have a strong counter and skills that remove boon need to start focusing on removing certain and specific boons in 1st place.

Necro wells do that very efficiently as well as scepter 3 and axe 3 and spinal shivers.

Forgot about trail of anguish

Mag players put your confused faces over there please ======================================================================>

Edited by AlCapwnd.7834
edit

20 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Necro wells do that very efficiently as well as scepter 3 and axe 3 and spinal shivers.

Forgot about trail of anguish

Mag players put your confused faces over there please ======================================================================>

can u imagine if it would disallow/denny skill types like in Gw1?

something like "Well of Silence", where players cannot use shouts and chants and have health degeneration.

Targeted skills and boons is a better way to balance as well.

IMO my way to balance this gw2 gameplay mess would be something like:

Necro wells  deny skill types while target in inside the well.

Spellbreaker target all boons but mainly stability, and boost damage on targets that would not get KD due stability or blocked, some trade off like warrior gw1 had where targets would have to choose to allow been KD with poor damage taken or hold the damage and keep its momentum

Mesmer(mostly chrono) would target Roslution, quikness and alacrity mostly.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

1 minute ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

can u imagine if it would disallow/denny skill types like in Gw1?

something like "Well of Silence", where players cannot use shouts and chants and have health degeneration.

Targeted skills and boons is a better way to balance as well.

Well SB Bubble used to do a really good job at boon control. But ANET didn't like that. Still not sure why they did that to SB. I mean all you had to do is dodge out of it.

15 minutes ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Well SB Bubble used to do a really good job at boon control. But ANET didn't like that. Still not sure why they did that to SB. I mean all you had to do is dodge out of it.

Cause Anet was adding a tons of more boons and they had to nerf SB so players would not stack few more SB to counter the perma boon carry gameplay, but that is just part of the issue in the game mechanics.

Anet wants players to get "carried" by perma boons in wvw has they are in pve, problem it made the game far worse than was before where palyers just need to stack 3 classes in wvw in wich leads into o Anet enforcing the boon->condi->boon ping pong gameplay to keep some classes and builds alive issue is that their balance and class design is so faulty that even they have fear that the mechanics of the classes they created can die, wich is another reason to nerf boon denial to more boon spam vs stack necros to condi corrupt and stack more scrappers to convert condis back to boons, in which means ANet is actually the one enforcing this s|h|it gameplay.

Imagine like a snowball of bad mechanics (as in that promotes unskilled gameplay) trying to cover each over but the next mechanics to cover the last one is even worse...

It is a very stupid / idiotic design that went out of control and hardly can breath something new...

Edited by Aeolus.3615