Nothing wrong with holosmith

Holosmith not the best DPS/Support/Duelist/Roamer.
It seems ok but the true question is .... It only does everthing.
There is a serious question what ISN'T Holosmith better at? 

It feel like bladesworn 2.0,  super easy to play and do everything.

Tool is the top Roamer, stunlock and win .....feel disgusted.

Nade holosmith has a quite easy combo also has very strong sustain.

When is anet going to nerf the engi... or nobody will play other class.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 9

On 10/27/2022 at 12:57 PM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Why would they nerf engy when it is one of the least played classes by actual competent players?

Below is the most recent MAT (EU), on quick perusal I see few engies, there are more thieves, mesmers, guardians, eles, revs, etc, in fact it could well be the least represented class there. So why is it that actual competent players are choosing to largely not use it, but you think it is the most busted thing in the game, I wonder what the reason could be... 😉

Edited by Sylosi.6503
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Holosmith not the best DPS/Support/Duelist/Roamer.
It seems ok but the true question is .... It only does everthing.
There is a serious question what ISN'T Holosmith better at? 

It feel like bladesworn 2.0,  super easy to play and do everything.

Tool is the top Roamer, stunlock and win .....feel disgusted.

Nade holosmith has a quite easy combo also has very strong sustain.

Looks like Yolosmith on PoF release.
Nice videos, I really enjoyed them, especially when muted.

• Haha 2

Me on spb, after getting stunlocked and bursted down multiple times yesterday (same holo, was actually a pretty good player), just for trying to get close to the holo to dmg it "wait I thought I was doing the stunlocking". All the while everything I used either didn't connect or got blocked.

But oh well. Nothing new.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, Bloww.3810 said:

(keep an eye on the boons, 1 min quickness, 20 sec super speen 2X power stack, it's wvw tho, still, fun class, also it's kinda a mix of all engis not only holo, what do you mean there is no reason to post that here ? Fu)

Everything in wvw is wacky, its not supposed to be balanced, you have stats like trailblazer, minstrel and cele kitten

Edited by lotus.5672
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 8:44 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It's just Tools Holo that's bloated as hell right now.

Other Engi builds are subpar.

Nah,  It's  Scrapper, holosmith, mechanist we're all too boosted that people compare normal professions to those specs and feel like they are weak.
Elite specialization illustrates how overpower a core engineer overhaul is needed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

The problem of this game, and this class specifically, is that it has perma super speed. Like why on an earth you giving something permanently to a class?

Not only Holo is the problem, Chrono is also a big problem now with all brainless repeatable one shots (no skills required at all)

• Thanks 4

6 hours ago, BruceLee.5092 said:

The problem of this game, and this class specifically, is that it has perma super speed. Like why on an earth you giving something permanently to a class?

Not only Holo is the problem, Chrono is also a big problem now with all brainless repeatable one shots (no skills required at all)

Pretty sure the trade-off with Engi is that it moves fast, but lacks the burst movement options of other classes like rev, thief, and willbender.

You won't be double tele ganking someone through a wall with Holo, but you'll beat them in a foot race (asuming they don't have someone to TP to)

Seems fair to me. Especially considering Herald gets multiple ports + perma swiftness + rising momentum. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Pretty sure the trade-off with Engi is that it moves fast, but lacks the burst movement options of other classes like rev, thief, and willbender.

You won't be double tele ganking someone through a wall with Holo, but you'll beat them in a foot race (asuming they don't have someone to TP to)

Seems fair to me. Especially considering Herald gets multiple ports + perma swiftness + rising momentum. 

Wait… by “perma” super speed, we’re talking about permsuper speed…. When in Holo forge right? 

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

Wait… by “perma” super speed, we’re talking about permsuper speed…. When in Holo forge right? 

yup. You can get a bit more with Toss Elixir U or Rocket boots, but it's only perma in forge.. (Or more accurately, it's high uptime with some gaps). 

• Like 1

idk... maybe i am deeply out of touch with the game.....   but i think Holo is miles away from being overpowered....  

Almost half a decade has passed since the last time i struggled against a holo. 

The stabiuptime from Holo is big time garbage and any CC vomit will have them melt rather fast. (atleast in pvp)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

idk... maybe i am deeply out of touch with the game.....   but i think Holo is miles away from being overpowered....  

Almost half a decade has passed since the last time i struggled against a holo. 

The stabiuptime from Holo is big time garbage and any CC vomit will have them melt rather fast. (atleast in pvp)

There are some holos trying to leverage the tools buffs by taking low toolbelt cd skills.   A good tool kit user is a pain with the magnet pull, pri bar, wrench toolbelt to acid bomb combo.   

But overpowered no...   Ironically even though they buffed grenades, I don't see a lot of holos using that. Seems the ones who would have go with rifle instead.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

something is wrong, since the class call pull out high level gameplay without being an one trick poney like scrapper

My scrapper is not a 1 trick pony 🙂 I switch between several builds depending on the situation... though I'm only upper mid tier play... not high level.  However if I were a better player I think I could use them... so its a limit of my skill.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

My scrapper is not a 1 trick pony 🙂 I switch between several builds depending on the situation... though I'm only upper mid tier play... not high level.  However if I were a better player I think I could use them... so its a limit of my skill.

I've only seen mark up in the ranks on NA, but always duo with a equaly skilled player and he would just switch to herald when playing a challenging match

Edited by Khalisto.5780