What *theme* would you like to see Anet expand on for a future e-spec?

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

What *theme* would you like to see Anet expand on for a future e-spec? (not core specs)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What *theme* would you like to see Anet expand on for a future e-spec? (not core specs)

• explosions/explosives
    • gimmicks/gadgets
    • elixirs
    • kits/firearms
    • turrets/other invetions
    • other: elaborate

4 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Hear me out... what if we could dual wield shields and clap them together like a air of cymbals. 

Like the dredge. 

But you get to dual wield shields. 

You are probably memeing, but people have to get away from this using an offhand weapon in the mainhand stuff. It just won't happen.

IDK but I like explosions. A demolitionist with Axe or a tool-like Dagger that sets C4 traps, suitcase bombs, booby trapped chests, remote control car bombs and stuff like as well as increase AoE radius and damage of Bomb Kit would be kinda neat. Current explosions just aren't big and satisfying enough. 

Edited by Doggie.3184

1 hour ago, Robotsynonymous.7238 said:

I want my army of golem minions. The elite skill would combine my golems into a giant mech that I could then jump into and pilot.

We already have mechanist.... can we please stop there?

Not only is the thematic of having pet robots already there, but mechanist is also showcasing once again that Anet simply can't get pet stuff right.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe a type of mini airships that work similar than the clones from mesmer. 😄 With an offhand torch to throw that works as a singal to call in a big airship bombardment. Hitting with the weapon auto attack can stack up smaller airships that you can use to call bombardment with different conditions (burning, poison, confusion and stuff) ... for F1-F4. 😄

But yeah: Pet stuff is a bit annoying. Did they not also change scrapper back then? (Did not play at the original release but I heard the gyros were a lot different. Maybe mechanist will get a huge overhaul as well ... at some point in the future.)

From the existing stuff turrets would be nice to get improvements. But an expansion might bring yet another elite ... with totally new/different stuff. (And another type of skills.) Would prefer to have the normal toolbelt skills still available if possible ... for the next elite spec. (Or even rework the mecha to let us use normal toolbelt skills. Instead change just the elite and buff it otherwise for not having the mecha f1-f3.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

An electricity themed elite spec with a conducting staff as ranged weapon. Jumping around with lighting strike teleports and fast hitting attacks.

A suitable new mechanic would be that certain abilities then charge you either positively or negatively. Depending on the extent to which you are charged in which direction, you get different effects, such as more damage, more support or more crowd control, or less of it if you are charged in the other direction. If you manage to stay in the middle, you get a bit of everything. The whole thing could also completely change the effect of certain abilities, such as an ability that either pulls enemies towards you or pushes them away, depending on the charge.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I envision the "Make your own weapon" using the staff as a base.

Overview:

The specialization consist in a prototype weapon with diferent functionality depending of traits:

-First Column determining weapon range.

-Second column determining skill range.

-Third column determining emphasis on strike damage, boon/control or condi damage for skills and weapon damage

The toolbelt 1-3 is replaced with an "adrenaline" bar fillee on skill usage. Toolbelt 4 will be a burst with an effect depending of selected Major trait selected. Toolbelt 5 will be the same as core.

The range modifier of the class will dictate of powerful its effect will be (the closer range the stronger the effect) with a range band of 300/600/900.

The strike damage/boon control/condiciones damage will give a effective way of focus for the skills

All of this play well with the theme of the engineer being a generalist

I see them all the time in Cantha and there was a few quests you saw in the game where you would create hardlight clones. I would love to see an engineer spec that focuses on this aspect. I don't like the current holosmith and would much prefer the clone method, albeit not a carbon copy of mesmer.