Why does arenanet favor servers and let them stack and then give them links in wvw?

1 hour ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Huh..

The only server in the first three tiers that is ‘stacked with their link is SBI.  They are full and their link is Very high.  The other servers, including the two you referenced have links that are ‘high’.

Man..  that just seems weird don’t it?

I think you might have some misinformation as sbi is currently linked to Darkhaven. Mag and Bg I believe are full.

Oh i see you got the link thing backwards. I mean idk why that's relevant but whenever anybody is against mag or bg the other servers just don't log in cuz everybody knows they are stacked.  So even tho SBI is full and link is very high it might as well be low. You forget about the players that don't log in out of fear. But this isn't about the present anyway. Its about overall since Anet has started the whole linking system. Everybody knows bg was allowed to get stacked and stayed in t1 for years. Now mag has been allowed to stack and both now have links servers that are high. SBI is full but that doesn't mean they are stacked. which is probably why anet put them with a link that is very high. to try to counter that. But as we can all see, that failed. Mag even over blobs over the bg blobs when they matched up. That's how stacked they are. But you know, I guess mag players have inflated egos and don't want to admit that their success is only cuz of numbers and not cuz of actual skill. I mean there's a reason I have a million name list of mag players skerrred of me. 

Edited by Nokturnal Lunacy.3186
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

I think you might have some misinformation as sbi is currently linked to Darkhaven. Mag and Bg I believe are full.

Oh i see you got the link thing backwards. I mean idk why that's relevant but whenever anybody is against mag or bg the other servers just don't log in cuz everybody knows they are stacked.  So even tho SBI is full and link is very high it might as well be low. You forget about the players that don't log in out of fear. But this isn't about the present anyway. Its about overall since Anet has started the whole linking system. Everybody knows bg was allowed to get stacked and stayed in t1 for years. Now mag has been allowed to stack and both now have links servers that are high. SBI is full but that doesn't mean they are stacked. which is probably why anet put them with a link that is very high. to try to counter that. But as we can all see, that failed. Mag even over blobs over the bg blobs when they matched up. That's how stacked they are. But you know, I guess mag players have inflated egos and don't want to admit that their success is only cuz of numbers and not cuz of actual skill. I mean there's a reason I have a million name list of mag players skerrred of me. 

It’s ok being confused.  It’ll improve with age.  Oh wait..

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Arenanet doesn't want to "waste resources" on things to mitigate the effects of server stacking, when it's already working on what it perceives as the solution to it: World Restructuring (which itself is 5ish years old), so ye, nothing will be done, and with good reason, but if the (supposed) solution™ isn't coming Soon™, can we PLEASE have something, anything else to tide us over?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2022 at 6:07 AM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

when was the last time they opened BG? We actually have very few people and most of our players are from our links.

Actually all servers can fit less people than in the past due to how populations have changed since the linking system was introduced, this occured in following steps:

1. Originally links were pretty dead servers and accounted for maybe 10-15% of linkings population
  2. As time progressed, at least half of guilds and transferring people transferred to link servers since it is same as being on main server but cheaper
  3. Now main server-link population distribution is at about 65%-35%. Main servers cant fit more than 65% of total population since that is the baseline of the largest (full) server.
  4. This won't stop until links have at least 40% of main servers population

2 servers together just doesn't work since as larger percentage of playerbase change, problems are reoccuring every 2 months and commanders will have more clashes about overlapping timezones.

Imagine being a commander in this system, where you can build perfect timezone with good fights in some tier, then relinking comes along and you will either have too many or little players/commanders or both. Enemies will go through the same as well, and the timezone just turns into bad experience.

Edited by Riba.3271