This "balance" philosophy is a bunch of BS

JTGuevara.9018

On 11/4/2022 at 9:06 AM, felix.2386 said:

also the direction and heavy focus on warrior since he's assignment has been good, though the result is very meh, but the effort is there

already way better then any of the warrior patches we've gotten in these 3 years + together.

Just reposting this to echo the sentiment. I don't care about the balance philosophy, they all have one goal: namely to make the game engaging for more people than presently to play by addressing the mechanic interactions that may frustrate that. What I care about is if that philosophy leads to good direction. Warrior is not exactly fixed yet, but a good effort was made, and while I appreciate the effort immensely I don't intend to relax until the underlying problem is resolved in a workable way.

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2022 at 1:57 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Sure, just take wingman's statistics, you'll see that necromancer have fallen to the 6th place (behind engineer, guardian, mesmer, ranger and revenant) in percentage of profession played in the current patch/meta....

....All in all, whether you're aware of it or not, the various meta have already shifted and necromancer have left the "dominant" position in at least 2 of the 3 gamemodes.

Since you like wingman so much, only in PvE has it shrunk in popularity and less so in strikes and fractals. It has remained in the meta tier list for spvp/wvw for the reasons you have stated for quite some time now.

I'm not saying that meta doesn't change, necro has seen a shrinking role, but it is still widely representative as competitive in all three facets of the game. Wingman is a popularity poll, and if that is your measure of "dominance," play any sPvP match and you will see at least one guardian, one engineer, and one necro in almost all matchups at the moment.

Warrior on the other hand has been the least represented in all three modes (with thief in PvE) even with the latest balance patches. The recent patch made some strides to warrior viability in spvp but it still has the same issues against movement impairment and with slow skill activation.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I really think their philosophy of "find some way to have ppl at the skill ceiling have fun, but let the bads have their effective builds too" only makes sense in a PvE context.

I think it could also make sense in a WvW context. And I am not talking about more cheesy builds with stealth and high mobility and such.

17 hours ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Sure, they'll talk about sPvP and WvW, but it appears those modes will always be stuck playing catch-up with PvE balance

Well, the problem with WvW is: They have created some outstanding "cornerstone" mode but never really understood, what made this mode successful. This also shows in their WvW role descriptions in the balance philosophy.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I've seen an uptick in warrior representation in the EoD metas this past weekend FWIW. Mechs are still +20% of the squad composition though.

I noticed that New World has improved a lot in the meantime and heavy two handed weapons feel impactful and offer fun warrior-like builds!

Def worth playing right now!

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I noticed that New World has improved a lot in the meantime and heavy two handed weapons feel impactful and offer fun warrior-like builds!

Nah. I think GW2 will be my last MMO unless GW3 comes out and impresses me.

On a mission from the Six Five gods to make the Aurene legendaries. Because I can.

Got 12 more to go and I figured I'd just gather everything and make them all at once. Going to make 2 more just to sale to fund making the other 12.

10/14 GIfts of Cantha, 40/70 Blessings of the Jade Empress. Should wrap those up before Thanksgiving and then get 12 more Gifts of Battle, and then spend some chill time fishing. I'll have all the A.S.S. I need when March gets here, though if the two I sell have enough gold left over I may end up buying some A.S.S. up.

Then I'm going to unlock all those variants. Because I can.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Greatsword is getting nerfed by the way since is overpowered if that is what you are playing. You really don't want to be on that train right now. How much worse will it be after? Who knows.

Edited by Warscythes.9307
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/6/2022 at 9:40 AM, Axelteas.7192 said:

When the Hot expansion was released berserker was overpowered so people buy the expansion, the same now with bladesword, this doesnt count because everybody knows this is a temporary overtune that is going to be fixed soon. Bladesworn is gonna be a clown in the future like berserker now.

For some reason Anet believes that the warrior has to be a punchbag who endures pain for his natural high hp and that's it. Warrior doesnt deserve to do the dps of a deadeye who is squishier. 

That doesn't make any sense because there have also been lots of specs that are OPed that haven't been from the most recent expansions. The idea that Anet ramp the spec power to sell more copies of expansions is not inline with the game history or even the current state. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The idea that Anet ramp the spec power to sell more copies of expansions is not inline with the game history or even the current state. 

It's closer to the opposite, anyways.

They definitely dunked on HoT specs before PoF came out, and PoF specs before EoD came out. They also threw out quite a few buffs very quickly after launch to help the underperformers. Probably more for player retention than sales, though.

• Thanks 1