Warrior aura's-new skill line(or rather a new unique-to-the-profession passive boon mechanic to add more options)

Tipsy.5802

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skill

Maybe the warrior is in need of an extra skill type like active aura or so.

I find it very revealing looking at the skill types to see the warrior is a little shoehorned. & after reading the quote at the bottom of this idea

So was thinking about a set of aura's for example;

But not sure if these should come in the form of utility or permanent passives based on the active aura.

During the stream about the balance philosophy I did recall them saying something along the lines that they want each profession to have at least 1 "low effort" "low demanding" spec to be effective & for people to enjoy the game.

Maybe the warrior needs something extra unique & of a more passive nature

So I had Aura's in mind in another brainstorm for warrior (some kind of passive shields in a way but sometimes also reducing damage & or giving passive boons

I'll alter them if future posters add nice suggestions )

The Honor aura

creates an energy field around the warrior which grants the warrior more protection from backstabbing , stealth & deceiving attacks

The Bane of the wicked aura

creates an energy field around warrior  which grants the warrior protection from undead attacks (lowers incoming undead damage) & perhaps also increases damage against undead slightly

The Sense aura
creates energy field around the warrior which makes it easier for the warrior to detect traps. reduces the negative effects from traps slightly

Inner fire aura
Creates an aura field around the warrior which allows the warrior to go in the negative hp based on their level of active adrenaline when reaching 0 hp
& also blocks attacks more often based on their adrenaline stage..So I guess this would then cover a kind of defiance bar (which was an idea i posted earlier );

I was considering these new aura's for warrior after reading this insightful post & think indeed other classes have more active passive things like projectile blocking ,reflecting energy fields ect.
Aura's would then be the way to give them to the warrior as well.

7 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Mechanics and graphics. Both guardian and mesmer have a lot of projectile blocking/reflecting energy fields, parry-and-riposte skills of a magical nature, and skills that involve throwing magical force blades at a target. What does spellbreaker add? Among other things that are genuinely more associated with mesmer (guardian doesn't have boonstrip) it has... a projectile blocking energy field elite, a parry-and-riposte skill of a magical nature on F2, and it throws magical force blades with dagger 5. Oh, and it also has a magical chain on a trait, which gives it a similarity to dragonhunter F1.

Yes, lorewise guardian is closer to monk - but monk is not a playable GW2 profession, and guardian probably shares more with mesmer than any other (GW2-playable) scholar profession. So when you get a heavily armoured soldier profession and give it mesmer-like abilities, the end result tends to feel fairly guardian-like, unless the mesmer-like abilities are pretty much exclusively those that are not shared with guardian. Which is not the case for spellbreaker.

I'm not the first to point out that spellbreaker feels guardian-like even if it's supposed to be drawing more from mesmer.

Edited by Tipsy.5802

• Tipsy.5802 changed the title to Warrior aura's-new skill line(or rather a new unique-to-the-profession passive boon mechanic to add more options)
1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

anything is good at this weapon

it's funny how warrior heavily lacking skills,

yet they refuse to expand the skills in anyway

while others getting symbols, phantasm, dual skills

there's 0 skill type for weapons for the master of weapons.

I think the 'types' for warrior are movement skills and CCs, they are just not unique to warrior.

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think the 'types' for warrior are movement skills and CCs, they are just not unique to warrior.

they are not typed.

other classes have typed weapon skills

like symbol/phantasm/dual strike which serve as some kind of utility skills type

which then you have traits/skills which enhance said type weapon skills, like trait does to specific type of utility skills, or type of weapon

28 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

they are not typed.

other classes have typed weapon skills

like symbol/phantasm/dual strike which serve as some kind of utility skills type

which then you have traits/skills which enhance said type weapon skills, like trait does to specific type of utility skills, or type of weapon

I mean by what our traits augment.

They did put some explosions on core weapons. Perhaps in the Arms rework if that happens there is room to add in an explosion trait there.

45 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I mean by what our traits augment.

They did put some explosions on core weapons. Perhaps in the Arms rework if that happens there is room to add in an explosion trait there.

quite funny the only time they put any type to warrior weapon skills

is to limit damage buff to bladesworn only to promote fake diversity.

they basically introduced explosion, so bladesworn can have utility that only buff explosion damage. thus only buff bladesworn damage and to have that bladesworn utility buff more damage then the core utility.

they could easily just make the trait proc on crit, but no that would make offhand axe too much better then pistol which is basically just another offhand axe, because they can't make anything else but pseudo offhand axe.

as the only thing thats remotely related to explosion for bladesworn is the damage buff.

for engineer it makes sense because all the main DPS skills are explosion, but for warrior? none of the main dps skills are explosion, it's literally so cheap trying to introduce explosion to bladesworn only to make all old warrior DPS stuff irrelevant on bladesworn.

god forbid them actually make anything interesting for bladesworn and can actually mix with old warrior stuff instead of the cheap lazy damage buff alternative.

all of these for a class that's has already 0 diversity and flexibility

it is literally unbelievable how they limit warrior in literally everyway possible.

and adding explosion to arms is unrealistic, as most of none bladesworn warrior main dps are not explosion

Edited by felix.2386