The passive buffs, removal of 300cds for ele, were not well thought out.

magickthief.6492

These guys are cranking out massive DPS while facerolling enemy attacks like nothing. Why the kitten is ele so kittening strong?  I hate ele because they always have high damage and high defense and they fanze-zem-zeys are kittening clueless, always complaining how weak it is. You can't have anyone in the top 10 on a weak class, therefor, its never been weak. Now that Anet listened to this horseshit, we have chugaboos running around clicking everything they can with an arcane (any ele) build. Awesome. Side noders...ele, +1...ele...healer...ele....teamfighter...ele...lord save us cheezus...ele. I dont want to swap to ele and play it, but that was the suggestion I got..if I thought it was OP...how about you buff everything else. Lowest health lowest armor, yet have literal traits that negate that making it untrue. A glass class should not be able to stand toes in a reaper onslaught. Remove the double earth shield also, and remove the invuln off it. DUMB

Edited by magickthief.6492
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

These guys are cranking out massive DPS while facerolling enemy attacks like nothing. Why the kitten is ele so kittening strong?  I hate ele because they always have high damage and high defense and they fanze-zem-zeys are kittening clueless, always complaining how weak it is. You can't have anyone in the top 10 on a weak class, therefor, its never been weak. Now that Anet listened to this horseshit, we have chugaboos running around clicking everything they can with an arcane (any ele) build. Awesome. Side noders...ele, +1...ele...healer...ele....teamfighter...ele...lord save us cheezus...ele. I dont want to swap to ele and play it, but that was the suggestion I got..if I thought it was OP...how about you buff everything else. Lowest health lowest armor, yet have literal traits that negate that making it untrue. A glass class should not be able to stand toes in a reaper onslaught. Remove the double earth shield also, and remove the invuln off it. DUMB

-sincerely, someone that has never touched Elementalist.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

reaper kinda counters eles cuz the chill spam mess up with attunement swapping

i guess you just fought an ele that's just better than you or you clueless about your class and just play against bad ppl that watch you going shroud and dont kite

Youre true on the chill thing but cata has the winning matchup vs reaper. Reaper is not a duelist.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

yes, cata spams stab that won't let you set up your burst, on top of that it has a nice access to shocking aura and blast the earth field for weakness

Well its kinda more cuz cata has good amount of blocks/cc  in top of good burst dmg when its about to fight on a node that it just depletes reaper shround very easy if timed correctly.  Stab/weakness is surely good for avoiding getting cc lock by the reaper/mitigate hard strikes from  it.

Reaper has a better matchup when fighting on a owned node cuz you can trade the node and free cast for a bit while cata tryies to cap it . And if you have the blind well you can trade dmg w it. But staying on node vs a good cata is a suicide plus youre free food when it comes to a plus. 

The stab is kinda a double sword if you play curses reaper (wich is a bit meme semi-duelist reaper but kinda works good on ranked) cuz you can corrupt it w every shroud 2   Similary as when you fight a warr w curses perma corrupting might for weakness .  Curses+ blind well gives u a nice match v catas. Its what i play whem i know nobosy will match enemy cata and im forced to hold close vs it.

3 hours ago, NotFound.7813 said:

Youre true on the chill thing but cata has the winning matchup vs reaper. Reaper is not a duelist.

yes but no, very cd based and if the reaper has full shroud id put my money on the reaper. the reaper cant play for node but it starves the cata of energy very easily with its ranged superiority which can easily lead to a wincon

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 11:58 PM, Grimjack.8130 said:

yes but no, very cd based and if the reaper has full shroud id put my money on the reaper. the reaper cant play for node but it starves the cata of energy very easily with its ranged superiority which can easily lead to a wincon

On 11/2/2022 at 1:03 AM, Pimsley.3681 said:

Grimjack rood as fcuk but I agree w/ the dude here. 

As an ele main, i must agree that eles must be allowed to be the strongest in  most if not all roles

• Confused 1