dead servers

Alright this have been actualy trending a lot with these dead servers in wvw , getting stomped every skirm , they suddenly decided to merge servers so the pop rise a bit , and even with two servers merged there is so little people that we lose the main keeps and stay at base getting farmed for  abit of time until they get bored and leave , 3 servers merged was a good idea , but this is actualy insane how low effort merging two dead servers and matching them against the highest pop and active servers that were already dominating without the need of merging , can Anet once in wvw actualy try to balance servers ? like why put full servers against very low pop servers ? who would wanna go inside a wvw and find 1 commander or two every 5 hours , either put more rewards so more people get interested to play , or try to merge dead servers with active wvw servers so people don't have to get stomped and have a boring experience and leave after 15 min to being farmed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Same here and I don't know if we are from the same server but I doubt it.

I have stopped playing for almost two days now because nowadays WvW for my server during OCX and SEA time is this (EVERYDAY) :

1. Login to EBG and find that our Keep has been occupied and only a handful of players 5-8 are around

2. Re-capped our Keep and wait. In less than 10 mins, it will be taken again by either reds or greens. We can't do anything but give them free bags if we try to defend ( 5-10 vs 40-50+ from the enemy sides)

3. Should you planned to stay on WvW, repeat above  for another 8 to 10 hours depending on when our NA peeps wake up.

4. After 20 mins tops, I logout.

5. The next day if I login to WvW again, rinse and repeat 1. and 2.

We are constantly outnumbered by a huge number and yet our server population is FULL and locked 👍

In other stories,  Maguum, by itself has large and active WvW player base almost 24/7 and this is why they owned EBG most of the time. AND in the server re-linking on 30 Sep 2022, Maguum gets Anvil Rock to stack on them. See the number of ranting posts since the last re-link? Bravo ANet 👏👏👏

Edited by MintyMin.2718
This Topic should be moved to the main World vs. World section
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Tag up and you'll probably have 15+ people surrounding you within 10 minutes on the "dead" world. 

Because it's usually not worlds that are dead, it is peoples ability to step forward and take the initiative that doesnt exist because the zerg meta and boonballing is the only thing they know how to do.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Tag up and you'll probably have 15+ people surrounding you within 10 minutes on the "dead" world. 

Because it's usually not worlds that are dead, it is peoples ability to step forward and take the initiative that doesnt exist because the zerg meta and boonballing is the only thing they know how to do.

Sometimes we do have a Tag around but that makes no difference. Our server is just dead for many hours during OCX and SEA time.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

taging up against 40 people is not gonna change anything if in ebg main keep there is 7/8 people even with emegency waypoint on , we even had a white tag before this happened and had 4 people folow him until he left

• Like 2

To be honest, WvW match ups doesn't have any real goals atm, apart from skirmish tickets, social interaction & entertainment, there's well.. nothing currently. It's being worked on.

I would say most players (these days) don't care if they lose everything on a map, since it doesn't really do anything worth stretching yourself to the limit to save these days (this problem may be addressed by Anet in the future). Though large fights still rages on, it's mostly zergs looking for combat entertainment & wxp, but hardly anyone is actually out for ppt these days.

If my team is heavily outmanned, i'm happy if the enemy comes and flips our side of the entire map. If they leave us alone, I actually hate that more lol [oh.. how things have changed over the years...lol].

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hugeboss.5432 said:

To be honest, WvW match ups doesn't have any real goals atm, apart from skirmish tickets, social interaction & entertainment, there's well.. nothing currently. It's being worked on.

I would say most players (these days) don't care if they lose everything on a map, since it doesn't really do anything worth stretching yourself to the limit to save these days (this problem may be addressed by Anet in the future). Though large fights still rages on, it's mostly zergs looking for combat entertainment & wxp, but hardly anyone is actually out for ppt these days.

If my team is heavily outmanned, i'm happy if the enemy comes and flips our side of the entire map. If they leave us alone, I actually hate that more lol [oh.. how things have changed over the years...lol].

i kinda agree with you on that , leaving others alone is way too boring , but whats fun about wvw , for roamers they don't care that much , they just run arround the map dueling and killing people , but for the majority of players i met , people even defend camps to avoid supply block , but when 40 enemies run arround and u legit can't do kitten about it cause your "two merged worlds" have 10 people in total , its frustrating and after a while most people leave cause its not fun , but in the other hand , if anet actualy introduce actualy rewards , or a good way to farm gold , my bother i can tell you that , you will see perma q in wvw.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Denver.4621 said:

people even defend camps to avoid supply block , but when 40 enemies run arround and u legit can't do kitten about it cause your "two merged worlds" have 10 people in total , its frustrating and after a while most people leave cause its not fun , but in the other hand , if anet actualy introduce actualy rewards , or a good way to farm gold , my bother i can tell you that , you will see perma q in wvw.

That seems the simple basic formula. We have WvW and EotM. WvW has some problems, EotM no one plays it. Now Anet wants to turn WvW into a second EotM, guess what, no one will play it. But there was a time when EotM was fun for lots of people, when the rewards were high.

So, the question is: does Anet want lots of people in WvW? Cause mass battles with mass boon spread need gaming server capacity and that costs money.  🙂

9 hours ago, enkidu.5937 said:

That seems the simple basic formula. We have WvW and EotM. WvW has some problems, EotM no one plays it. Now Anet wants to turn WvW into a second EotM, guess what, no one will play it. But there was a time when EotM was fun for lots of people, when the rewards were high.

So, the question is: does Anet want lots of people in WvW? Cause mass battles with mass boon spread need gaming server capacity and that costs money.  🙂

yeah unfrotunatly , the more rewards the more people , i still think they should add a decent reward for each world at the end of the match or at the end of every skirm , but the most weird thing i heared is that they merged servers in world res event and since people are in q edge of the mist had a lot of people doing stuff in , and thats the most stupid thing to actualy fix edge of the mist.

On 11/2/2022 at 7:09 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

while u talk a lot of hot air, thanks to anets unhealthy balancing policy it really became that. the nerfed heals, up'd cooldowns, nerfed dmg hard, nerfed passive dmg traits with the destruction of retaliation... now big groups can legit W key.

its kinda sad that in 2019 the balance was far better... _before_ the big balance patches that anet thought they needed. i cannot imagine new players these days feel even remotely useful in largescale fights. because they cannot really be, they are walking lootbags for casual blobs..
and the experienced players who run usually in smaller groups of 15-20 get blobbed by 40+ groups, who just cannot die, but kill you bc u have no stab no heals no dmg thanks to extended cooldowns and effectivness nerfs,  unless u grossly outplay them, which just doesn't always work

they nerfed sustain and dmg hard enough so u need now numbers, even against the worst groups. the commanders that u'd need mostly quitted the game yet sadly

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

while u talk a lot of hot air, thanks to anets unhealthy balancing policy it really became that. the nerfed heals, up'd cooldowns, nerfed dmg hard, nerfed passive dmg traits with the destruction of retaliation... now big groups can legit W key.

its kinda sad that in 2019 the balance was far better... _before_ the big balance patches that anet thought they needed. i cannot imagine new players these days feel even remotely useful in largescale fights. because they cannot really be, they are walking lootbags for casual blobs..
and the experienced players who run usually in smaller groups of 15-20 get blobbed by 40+ groups, who just cannot die, but kill you bc u have no stab no heals no dmg thanks to extended cooldowns and effectivness nerfs,  unless u grossly outplay them, which just doesn't always work

they nerfed sustain and dmg hard enough so u need now numbers, even against the worst groups. the commanders that u'd need mostly quitted the game yet sadly

All of which contradicts the reality of the current boonball meta. But 'scuse me, just burping hot air.

• Haha 2

the reality is numbers... boons change nothing about it.

its yet cc spam fiesta, u really think it'd be better by any means if there was no defensive and offense boons? numbers would be even harder to kill then, and boonrip skills wouldn't do anything anymore

against casual blobs, there's often not even much to strip, bc they are slow and uncoordinated with reapplying boons, ergo having inexperienced support players mainly. like we know enough example of mediocre guilds runnig full tank firebrands that fail to support their parties a lot - while the meta builds aren't a secret.

it empowers blobs that so many ppl run heavily flawed classes and builds, which is just another part of the game's issues.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3