Ranger Trinkets...?

BjorJlen.9674

Hiya folks, quick (hopefully) question here...

I have basically just finished getting my main Ranger set up with some exotic gear and weapons for the most part, and am now focusing on the six trinkets which can be slotted as well (I hope those six are what they are called). However, I am running into a bit of a snag as other than the gear/weapons, I really have no idea what I can get for them, that are both cheap" and effective. On my other two lvl 80's (a Necromancer & Mesmer), I have slotted them with the following:

* celestial backpack strap of the sky
* charged quartz orichalcum earring of the sky
* charged quartz orichalcum amulet of the sky
* charged quartz orichalcum ring of the sky

But when looking at the TP, not only can I not find the Backpack at all, all the rest range from 17-19 gold each, which atm would total 93 gold (which is way beyond my gold amount sadly 😞). So here is/are my question(s)... Can anyone recomend a good, fairly cheap set of effective exotic trinkets I can get for my Ranger please? As my other gear focuses mainly on Berserker stats, I was thinking along the lines of these six pieces focusing on vitality, stability, and anything else which could increase my Ranger's survivability & longevity (though I am not opposed to any other suggestions too as I have very little experience in slotting these six pieces). Atm I am just running a basic longbow/greatsword build, without any Elite Specializations for now if that helps any. Thank you for your help in advance, and as always...

Peace...

Ascended trinkets are relatively easy to obtain, so most people tend to go straight for those rather than using exotic ones. You can't buy them with gold, but there are some relatively easy ways to get them. One is to buy them from a Laurel Merchant in a city with laurels, which you'll get from login rewards. Or if you have Living World season 3 or 4 you can buy them with the map currencies.

You can see all the options here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

• Like 5

Thank you for the reply @Danikat.8537, and thank you for the link as well (that is most useful). Currently I only have 18 Laurel's, and from what I understand they are relatively hard to get en mass, and as far as Map Currencies goes, well I do not exactly have much experience with those as well. I have also not done any of the Living World stuff, so again I have little experience with them too. Also currently my Ranger has: Rampagers Spineguard of Coral, Army Badge, Powerful Ring, and Rampager's Ring (all rare), and no Earrings to speak of.

So getting any ascended gear (such as Trinkets at the least) is sort of beyond my reach atm sadly, so again are there any good Exotic, yet fairly cheap Trinkets I can buy off the TP? At least until I can develop enough funds given lots of time to upgrade things to Ascended gear/weapons. I do understand your point about going for Ascended stuff, but atm that is beyond my wallet sadly... hence my continued question. 🙂

Peace...

1 hour ago, BjorJlen.9674 said:

If you know what stats your Ranger will be using for a while yet, then it's rather easy to equip it. Check MetaBattle if you're unsure. There are other sites but the builds are optimized for other game modes.

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You can see all the options here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

Go to the link posted above. Then go to the Selectable section of Details of the individual vendors and exact costs. Those are the easiest to obtain. There are game modes that do drop ascended trinkets but ignore them for now because they require being familiar with them and will take a long time relatively.

The best place to get rings and accessories are in Bitterfrost because all your alts can farm the winterberries and you can farm them very fast (less than hour to get enough winterberries for a ring if you have many alts -average 55 to 60 per alt). If you do get 2 rings from the same map, you can attune one of them so you're able to wear two.

Look through the other LW S3 and S4 maps especially Bloodstone Fen where you're able to change the stats with a capacitor. If you do.

Other sources such as those with PvP or Fractal currencies are also good for when you you to craft legendary rings. But I'd recommend  going those routes only if you're actively doing those.

31 minutes ago, BjorJlen.9674 said:

So getting any ascended gear (such as Trinkets at the least) is sort of beyond my reach atm sadly,

Ascended are easy to get by farming the map currencies. So get them as soon as you can if/when you do get the Living Worlds. I really do not recommend using laurels as they are hard to obtain. Sace thise for other things especially ascended recipes that you'll need later.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BjorJlen.9674 said:

Thank you for the reply @Danikat.8537, and thank you for the link as well (that is most useful). Currently I only have 18 Laurel's, and from what I understand they are relatively hard to get en mass, and as far as Map Currencies goes, well I do not exactly have much experience with those as well. I have also not done any of the Living World stuff, so again I have little experience with them too. Also currently my Ranger has: Rampagers Spineguard of Coral, Army Badge, Powerful Ring, and Rampager's Ring (all rare), and no Earrings to speak of.

So getting any ascended gear (such as Trinkets at the least) is sort of beyond my reach atm sadly, so again are there any good Exotic, yet fairly cheap Trinkets I can buy off the TP? At least until I can develop enough funds given lots of time to upgrade things to Ascended gear/weapons. I do understand your point about going for Ascended stuff, but atm that is beyond my wallet sadly... hence my continued question. 🙂

Peace...

Celestial isn't an easy stat set to get, that's why it costs so much on the TP. It sounds strange, but going for an ascended set from various sources is the cheaper option over the exotics.

You can get the rings by doing T1 Fractals dailies (just join any T1 group on LFG). Each ring will only take you 2-3 days to gather the neccessary Pristine Fractal Relics.

You can get the backpiece by buying Vicious Claws., after you get 1 Vial of Mists Essence drop from T1s. This will only take you a few days with the gold from Fractals:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver_of_a_Thousand_Arrows

(For easy access to Globs of Ectoplasm, run dungeons, buy lv80 Rares from the merchant under Honor of the Waves category and salvage them with a yellow kit.)

You should buy the amulet with Laurels. If you play WvW a bit you can buy it discounted to 20 Laurels.

You can join a guild and get 1 accessory a week (I think) from running guild missions with them, from the Guild Commendation Trader merchant.

It sounds difficult but I recommend not taking the easy way out, because you'll learn alot of things, and meet alot of people and your game experience will be better for it.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 12:51 PM, BjorJlen.9674 said:

I have basically just finished getting my main Ranger set up with some exotic gear and weapons for the most part, and am now focusing on the six trinkets which can be slotted as well (I hope those six are what they are called). However, I am running into a bit of a snag as other than the gear/weapons, I really have no idea what I can get for them, that are both cheap" and effective. On my other two lvl 80's (a Necromancer & Mesmer), I have slotted them with the following:

* celestial backpack strap of the sky
* charged quartz orichalcum amulet of the sky

But when looking at the TP, not only can I not find the Backpack at all, all the rest range from 17-19 gold each, which atm would total 93 gold (which is way beyond my gold amount sadly 😞). So here is/are my question(s)... Can anyone recomend a good, fairly cheap set of effective exotic trinkets I can get for my Ranger please? As my other gear focuses mainly on Berserker stats, I was thinking along the lines of these six pieces focusing on vitality, stability, and anything else which could increase my Ranger's survivability & longevity (though I am not opposed to any other suggestions too as I have very little experience in slotting these six pieces). Atm I am just running a basic longbow/greatsword build, without any Elite Specializations for now if that helps any. Thank you for your help in advance, and as always...

Peace...

Hey, just thought this might help you, if you don't have living world maps available (like Bitterfrost to collect winterberries for free ascended trinkets) one recommendation I can give is if you're in a guild, do the guild missions once per week. You can get enough commendations (I think it's 12 per) to buy one ascended Celestial earring every 2-3 weeks.. and it will cost you 5 gold. Better stats than exotic, cheaper, and the only disadvantage is the waiting time.