Can we have trap siege?

11 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

It'd help with defense. And I'm talking trap siege that can launch enemies off the wall lol. There could also be oil slick traps that knockdown and tar traps that can immobilize.

Theres already that siege in game, but if u want a trap luncher? that's way to much weird.

It is called shield generator... u can check how it works in this link https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_Generator

Edited by Aeolus.3615

12 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

You mean more traps or siege that triggers traps in an AOE area of impact?

I meant traps like in castle defense games and games like orcs must die. If you've ever played games that require you to defend a castle or objective while going against waves of enemies, some of those games allow you to set traps for enemies to run into.

I would like to have siege that is laid into the floor and tops of walls that if enemies trigger them, they would then be attacked by the trap. 

6 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

t is called shield generator... u can check how it works in this link

Negative. I know what a shield gen is. I was talking about actual traps that have more impact than just destroying supply or revealing enemies on map.

WvW feels like there is currently no attention being given to it. Actual traps could liven things up and would be very fun for everyone.

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

Trap door for hills bridge rofl.

OT but, yeah that would be nice or if it was destructible. That was a blast when rigging the bridge to blow in EoTM and then watching an enemy zerg all fall when they failed to notice it was low health and you dropped the bridge below them as they crossed.

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I meant traps like in castle defense games and games like orcs must die. If you've ever played games that require you to defend a castle or objective while going against waves of enemies, some of those games allow you to set traps for enemies to run into.

I would like to have siege that is laid into the floor and tops of walls that if enemies trigger them, they would then be attacked by the trap. 

I could see something like this and since we already have traps in game there's some logic already. Could see some variations and mixes. Assuming some limits though to, no overlapping and some expiration to them so they don't persist too long.