Alpine Map SE Camp

Nidome.1365

Because it is a cornerstone game mode...

In fact it is so cornerstoning that it cornerstoned all the other cornerstones in a cornerstoning movement that is so cornerstony that each and every single cornerstones are cornerstoned like no other cornerstone before.

It's a philosophy...

Like balance...

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Nidome.1365 said:

A fishing village should really have fish....

The fish left that place. Like the dolphins left after the fish left. There is probably somewhere near the camp a hidden message with "so long, and thanks for all the fish.".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

Because it is a cornerstone game mode...

In fact it is so cornerstoning that it cornerstoned all the other cornerstones in a cornerstoning movement that is so cornerstony that each and every single cornerstones are cornerstoned like no other cornerstone before.

It's a philosophy...

Like balance...

But yet, they STILL can’t find the missing cornerstone for EK on desert BL..  🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

But yet, they STILL can’t find the missing cornerstone for EK on desert BL..  🤦‍♂️

Well... That a cornerstone of the cornerstone fort in one of the cornerstone map of the cornerstone game mode of the cornerstone MMO...
So kind of a corrnestone⁴... It takes time to go the power 4 of a cornerstone... be patient...
It's another philosophy...
Like Balance...

• Confused 1

Ok, let me play the devil's advocate. 

I admit I liked the open world gathering nodes we used to have in WvW. Which we could have in addition to the nodes in the objectives. They created value-add to people playing the mode and also created stress points where a conflict might occur because a group/solo might stop to gather at it causing a pause that might lead to a fight. I could see fishing doing the same. So agree, add WvW only fish to draw more to try. That would add to collections, achievements, and fights. Seems like an opportunity to expand the game mode.

So... here is a serious answer to your silly question 😄... enjoy.

Lore wise the mists are in fractal state, meaning everything eventually go back to its original state. So I guess the fish you catch would eventually not be caught anymore (don't ask me why we keep the bags of loot). Gameplay wise, Anet probably though fishing would not make sense in WvW (and I agree).

Edited by Guybrush.4762

Fishing between ticks looked like quite a relaxing alternative. But ANet does not want us to fish. :classic_sad:

There are however also many places in PvE, where you also get the junk and not a single fish. The skill is not disable, they just did not put any fish there. Skiffs are weird as well. I can pull them and try to place them, but there is no space on the water that is not red.

My guess is, as with all the other Masteries, that WvW gets a rankpoint-unlock feature as well. And you will not be able to fish, until it is unlocked. Or need special bait that only works in WvW. I would not have a problem with such restrictions, but the junk it not very helpful. It is only good to farm Jade Silvers (recycler).