Skyscale Requirements is ludicrous [Merged]

3 minutes ago, abc.4918 said:

I didn't think you meant what I interpreted it as -- sorry, tone doesn't always come through in text. I was trying to figure out what you meant by, "You can become a majority too, ya don't have to stay and be the minority". Are you saying to leave if you don't like the Skyscale acquisition? And how does that make me a majority?

Play the game and get it, sure doesn't sound helpful but instead of getting into argument here, you can slowly work for it over time, don't rush cause at the end of the day, the skyscale is your forever you don't grind to make it go fly higher or faster

I probably should have said it outright instead of trying to be witty

8 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Play the game and get it, sure doesn't sound helpful but instead of getting into argument here, you can slowly work for it over time, don't rush cause at the end of the day, the skyscale is your forever you don't grind to make it go fly higher or faster

I probably should have said it outright instead of trying to be witty

Ah, got it, pretty standard outlook here, yeah. TBH, and I guess it's kind of implied since I am here and I am still playing, that I'd much rather play GW2 without the skyscale than go through that slog [for me, I realize many, even most, enjoy it]. Just a personal choice, and the consequences are mine own to deal with. Mostly the consequences are just a bit less loot for some metas or whatever. But I will continue to chime in on these threads when I see them to let these poor folks know they really aren't the only ones out there, and for the entertainment value. In the end, this all just playtime, don't get too serious or too frustrated! 😃

• Sad 1

- an exaggeration without reasons, tiring, boring, not at all creative. It doesn't matter if it was harder before - it's still over the top and boring.

That simple. 

I was completing these quests (Gorrik) and looking at the size of the map and the plethora of things to do (besides PVP, another world apart). At least on this mount, they could make it easier.

About Grifon, I don't know when it was released, but it must have been a 'plus' in the 'free' game. If not, well, then things change.

I think GW2 is a good game, like other successful ones, I mention FFXIV. But from what I've been following in the international press, the number of players has dropped and the reason seems to be the greed of the companies that manage the game.

Hopefully Gw2 doesn't fall into that trap.

Edited by Iskras Femme.1693
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Peter.3901 said:

Work a bit every day for it, it isn't impossible, i got mine in under 5 days... 

Of course it's possible, no less than 10 days for someone who works, has a family and a real life outside of games.

Except for that, impossible... in addition to being boring, repetitive, tiring missions, without any 'salt or sugar' just to make people come to the conclusion that the company responsible for the game has absolutely no consideration for its community.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

Of course it's possible, no less than 10 days for someone who works, has a family and a real life outside of games.

Except for that, impossible... in addition to being boring, repetitive, tiring missions, without any 'salt or sugar' just to make people come to the conclusion that the company responsible for the game has absolutely no consideration for its community.

I work too, I never said I spend all day in the game, the only thing that really takes time is Skyscale food, but it's something you can cook even before level 80.

Also, don't expect a company to ruin the game just because you have other things to do,  if this game doesn't fit into your everyday life it's easier to look for another one, there are several others where you bang your head on the keyboard and get practically everything.

But again, i'm pretty sure you can get it if you do a bit every day, just be patient, not every game should throw the loot into your feet, this is boring.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

This always make me roll my eyes whenever someone try to justify their points by stating them. You're assuming that other people do not work, do not have families or have no life outside of this game except you?

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

- an exaggeration without reasons, tiring, boring, not at all creative. It doesn't matter if it was harder before - it's still over the top and boring.

That simple. 

I was completing these quests (Gorrik) and looking at the size of the map and the plethora of things to do (besides PVP, another world apart). At least on this mount, they could make it easier.

About Grifon, I don't know when it was released, but it must have been a 'plus' in the 'free' game. If not, well, then things change.

I think GW2 is a good game, like other successful ones, I mention FFXIV. But from what I've been following in the international press, the number of players has dropped and the reason seems to be the greed of the companies that manage the game.

Hopefully Gw2 doesn't fall into that trap.

The griffon was the final mount in the PoF expac and is the hardest to get. No mounts were originally in the free game, they were all added about 5 years into the game. Like the skyscale, it’s a non essential, premium mount. Useful, fun but not required.

As I said, this was added based on what the player base wanted, but they can’t please everyone. Most people certainly seem happy, in fact many have called for more of this style collection to be added.

You can also skip the jumping puzzles section of the quest using skyscale treats.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

This always make me roll my eyes whenever someone try to justify their points by stating these. You're assiming that other people do not work, do not have families or have no life outside of this game except you?

Indeed and it’s especially strange given the collection was designed especially for people with busy schedules and family lives in mind. So their argument holds no water

• Like 4

its a journey, 
I finish my skyscale within 2 weeks, cause I'm only have playtime around 3~4 hours daily after work

I think people tend to rush it cause they dont really enjoy the game, they just want the hype, but its understandable, with the current game situation, which mobile games is more popular. For people that used to play mobile games, which you can get almost everything with a snap and fast, playing old style mmorpg like gw2 can be feel boring.

I can survive the boringness cause even I just new into this game, but when I still teenagers, I used to play this kind of game, long grinding, long quest, etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluehead.9842 said:

its a journey, 
I finish my skyscale within 2 weeks, cause I'm only have playtime around 3~4 hours daily after work

I think people tend to rush it cause they dont really enjoy the game, they just want the hype, but its understandable, with the current game situation, which mobile games is more popular. For people that used to play mobile games, which you can get almost everything with a snap and fast, playing old style mmorpg like gw2 can be feel boring.

I can survive the boringness cause even I just new into this game, but when I still teenagers, I used to play this kind of game, long grinding, long quest, etc.

No, this has nothing to do with 'journey', but bad development decisions supported by extremely negative ideas about the community. That's my opinion. It's one thing to make a story - and Gw2 has a lot of good stories, interesting quests; It is also worth noting that the game has excellent mechanics, diversity 'in what to do'. That too must be said - praise abounds, but on the 'Slyscale', that's where it all changes... another, subjecting players to emotional torture for bad decisions. But why emotional torture?

It's not about 'simple puzzles, but complex, repetitive, boring, monotonous tasks... can I imagine a child wanting to play the game and having to go through it? It's just bad decisions by people who don't care about their community, who don't care who plays the game. But that's just my opinion, which I share with absolutely everyone in my huge in-game guild, everyone is unanimous about it.

Edited by Iskras Femme.1693
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

quoting myself from another thread:

I just finished the Ice Brood Saga (best LW story so far btw) to unlock the masteries there and I was like, sure why not?

so, I started playing the LW4 to start getting the things you need to unlock this thing then I was like "wait, I still need to worry about the exp to unlock the masteries which is always boring as hell so playing the whole LW4 in sequence is gonna be a waste of time and exp so better finish the chapters I need to unlock this thing first but then I realized you can't unlock this thing unless you have things from all the LW4 maps so I need to waste a lot of time and exp to get the things to unlock this thing then I have to spent even more time doing literally the same things to earn the exp needed to unlock all the masteries for this thing..."

TL;DR
nope, no thank you, hard pass. I'll stick with the bunny.

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2022 at 9:53 PM, DarcShriek.5829 said:

The fact that so many player have skyscales is strong evidence that skyscale requirements are fine.  If Skyscale requirements were too difficult, then the skies wouldn't be full of them.

Wrong, it means that many have done the extensive and boring lineup of quests and challenges. It doesn't mean they liked (or not) doing it. The objective is not in the quests themselves, but in what you get after completing these quests: a mount that makes things easier in the game. I, at the same time that I carry out the quests, am here criticizing the amount and type of quests. It's really simple. Not always to have what we want, we must do what we like, but this is in real life, here we are talking about a game, where the objective would be fun.

It's simple.

• Confused 13

12 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

Wrong, it means that many have done the extensive and boring lineup of quests and challenges.

Although this is just from forum frequenters, this poll suggest that about 70% think the quest is fine or not hard enough. This is a reflections of the playerbase as a whole even if you would to take a certain percentage to account for the margin of errors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

Wrong, it means that many have done the extensive and boring lineup of quests and challenges. It doesn't mean they liked (or not) doing it. The objective is not in the quests themselves, but in what you get after completing these quests: a mount that makes things easier in the game. I, at the same time that I carry out the quests, am here criticizing the amount and type of quests. It's really simple. Not always to have what we want, we must do what we like, but this is in real life, here we are talking about a game, where the objective would be fun.

It's simple.

They probably just have the extra time. I don’t think forum polls are a good reflection of the playerbase either. I sure know 500k people don’t frequent this forum daily and that’s the projected playerbase daily from most sites I’ve read about 400-500k. So to even judge a margin or possible error percentage is folly. The average gamer nowadays doesn’t even care about forums it’s obvious in the decline of forums and their activity. They have been replaced by social media.

Edited by TOAD.4718
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

24 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Although this is just from forum frequenters, this poll suggest that about 70% think the quest is fine or not hard enough. This is a reflections of the playerbase as a whole even if you would to take a certain percentage to account for the margin of errors.

20% of the players or less are in this forum... wrong again. 

• Confused 8

22 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

35 minutes ago, TOAD.4718 said:

I sure know 500k people don’t frequent this forum daily and that’s the projected playerbase daily from most sites I’ve read about 400-500k.

Wrong again? You do know what is a Poll and how they work, right? You take a samplings and not the whole populations

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

Generous… I’d guess 3% MAYBE. 400-500k is a lot of people. I’ve seen mostly the same people here and it was under 100. Granted I haven’t counted and I’m sure I miss a lot so 3% is me trying to be aware of that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, TOAD.4718 said:

I thought Star Wars and Star Trek fans were guilty of fanboyism the worst until I came to these forums. Jeez. It’s like people think this game is perfect.

It is OK for your favorite came to have quirks that some might not like guys. Jeez.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone here claim the game is perfect. No game is perfect. But I have seen people criticize the game, and it is being discussed because it’s based on opinions (which is fine) and the person criticizing claiming the “white knights” come out from the shadows. Claiming their opinions are not accepted. Only to not accept the other persons opinion since they go off in a rant that the forum has too many fanboys. This starts the bickering back and forth instead of discussing a topic in a good manner. 

It’s fine that you got your opinions of the game. But accept others got opinions too. It doesn’t have to white knights or fanboys just because they feel differently about a topic. It’s way too easy to throw that word around. Which causes topics to get out of hand. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TOAD.4718 said:

Generous… I’d guess 3% MAYBE. 400-500k is a lot of people. I’ve seen mostly the same people here and it was under 100. Granted I haven’t counted and I’m sure I miss a lot so 3% is me trying to be aware of that.

Do you know what percentage of the US eligible voters are usually canvassed by Survey/Opinion polls for their elections? As low or lower than 0.0000001%. Assuming there's 500k active GW2 populations, this is 50 to 100 times the sample size, percentage-wise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Do you know what percentage of the US eligible voters are usually canvassed by Survey/Opinion polls for their elections? As low or lower than 0.0000001%. Assuming there's 500k active GW2 populations, this is 50 to 100 times the sample size, percentage-wise.

They weren’t that accurate this last election either to be fair no matter which ones you read.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

17 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone here claim the game is perfect. No game is perfect. But I have seen people criticize the game, and it is being discussed because it’s based on opinions (which is fine) and the person criticizing claiming the “white knights” come out from the shadows. Claiming their opinions are not accepted. Only to not accept the other persons opinion since they go off in a rant that the forum has too many fanboys. This starts the bickering back and forth instead of discussing a topic in a good manner. 

It’s fine that you got your opinions of the game. But accept others got opinions too. It doesn’t have to white knights or fanboys just because they feel differently about a topic. It’s way too easy to throw that word around. Which causes topics to get out of hand. 

Why? I can think of a million things I’d take more offense to than being called a “fan” of something I enjoy.

When you enjoy something you view it oftentimes with tunnel vision unable to see other’s points of view.  Very few of the opposition posts to OP make me believe they are even ATTEMPTING to see his/her point of view. That is not the behavior of a discussion at all. That is the behavior of a debate/argument. 

Some did recognize their point of view but most were like “it’s fine deal with it”. That’s what creates these situations not some newcomer like me pointing out such things for what they really are.

Edited by TOAD.4718
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5