Skyscale Requirements is ludicrous [Merged]

22 minutes ago, FatalKiwi.6794 said:

I'm sorta working on the saddle and tbh I hate it. I have all the time in the world to farm for it but I'm just not. I occasionally pop on and passively hunt for the currency materials on the maps but I'm bored and sick of it after 20-30 minutes. I don't have high hopes of ever getting it because it's just a pain in the proverbial. I'm a casual player; I prefer events and meta stuff not grinding for ridiculous amounts of materials. This is also why I'll never work on legendries too. 

Thats fair enough though right, your not interested in long term objectives but your not punished for it and it and it does not impact your ability to do the content you enjoy (although the beauty is your meta play will actually slowly progress you towards those long term goals anyway)  You are doing some targeted farming, but that's your choice.  Edit or as per previous posters advice.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

3 days? How is that possible...multiple items are time gated. While I didn't work exclusively on it, it took me like 3 weeks.

i did a year ago, i know that it was heavily gated at the start but they nerfed it down the line. I have way too much time on my hands so thats why it took 3 days iirc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am the father of two children, I bought most of the DLCs and expansions of the game, one of them, I expected to have Skyscale, as well as one of my little ones.

But, as I was completing some missions (I'm on Skyscale Lost) repetitive, boring, absolutely not creative or even fun missions, the nightmare. A meaningless 'puzzle', reason to exist - and all that for a mount.

I would like to ask the developers, why do you hate players so much, especially the younger ones? Why did you turn the conquest of a simple mount into a horror show, something even offensive?

Who do you imagine plays Gw2 and how much time do you think I have to spend each week for a simple mount?

Frustration is not the right name, irritation is. This is the reaction of anyone with a work routine, children...

Games should be made to amuse people and not annoy people with mindless, thoughtful things - those Skyscale puzzles and quests - that offend rather than please,

• Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

It's an mmorpg.  There are typically long quests, grinds, etc.  It's a legendary mount.  It takes some time and effort like all legendaries.  The game is for 13+, they intend the game to be played by people above this age bracket.  Most players have jobs, go to school, or have families, or any combination there of.  Prioritize and good time management and don't expect it all to be done in a day.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sorry OP, there have been many threads made by people who feel the same as you, but it would seem most feel things are fine as they are. Sucks, and I'll also probably never have a Skyscale. Thems the breaks, as they say, majority rule can suck when you're not in the majority.

[Edit: I love how the Confused emote is just a Reddit downvote these days, lol. Thanks.]

Edited by abc.4918
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The complaints about the griffon were that it was expensive and required group content. The skyscale was made so that anyone could get it, in their own at time, without needing to rely on others, achievable in small chunks and without sums of money.

So it’s not that they hate their players, it’s that they listened to them

• Like 6

Just now, Ultramex.1506 said:

Consider many are fine with it, and post that said its grindy got downvoted

Might make one wonder if most are  fine  with it huh?

Yep, mentioned in my first reply in this thread. Majority rule sucks when you're not in the majority. Haha.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

I am the father of two children, I bought most of the DLCs and expansions of the game, one of them, I expected to have Skyscale, as well as one of my little ones.

But, as I was completing some missions (I'm on Skyscale Lost) repetitive, boring, absolutely not creative or even fun missions, the nightmare. A meaningless 'puzzle', reason to exist - and all that for a mount.

I would like to ask the developers, why do you hate players so much, especially the younger ones? Why did you turn the conquest of a simple mount into a horror show, something even offensive?

Who do you imagine plays Gw2 and how much time do you think I have to spend each week for a simple mount?

Frustration is not the right name, irritation is. This is the reaction of anyone with a work routine, children...

Games should be made to amuse people and not annoy people with mindless, thoughtful things - those Skyscale puzzles and quests - that offend rather than please,

Why dont you use the treats to skip the meaningless puzzles then?

You even get 1 free to show its possible and can buy from trading post or craft the rest.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extra-Pungent_Skyscale_Treat

7 minutes ago, abc.4918 said:

Yep, mentioned in my first reply in this thread. Majority rule sucks when you're not in the majority. Haha.

You can become a majority too, ya don't have to stay and be the minority

I don't have a family but certainly a job and only about 2 hours to play and have been getting many "grindy" stuffs people complained about, took me time but i get it eventually, the game isn't grind for the next higher number gear so what you earn stay with you forever

That is what i have been saying many times before, keep putting efforts in arguing instead of playing and at the end of the day, you get nada, same for Gift of Battle, same for "Open world" legendary armor, and same for skyscale

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 2

Well, it seems that this forum has already written about it - not without reason, it's the worst line of 'quests' (I'll call it that) in the game.

Gw2 is great in many ways, but in others, it's downright awful. Obviously this doesn't suit everyone, everyone thinks differently, even so, it seems to be almost a 'rule' not to like this Skyscale 'line of quests' (to say the least, exaggerated). The exception are rare.

I hope that, in the future, they don't exaggerate so much for mounts and things that we pay for in the game.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The complaints about the griffon were that it was expensive and required group content. The skyscale was made so that anyone could get it, in their own at time, without needing to rely on others, achievable in small chunks and without sums of money.

So it’s not that they hate their players, it’s that they listened to them

One is very $, another, this horrible line quests... we are "fine" about dev here... 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

One is very $, another, this horrible line quests... we are "fine" about dev here... 

I didnt understand any of that, but ultimately I fully disagree this is a horrible quest. I do understand why a small number hate it, but ultimately this is what players were asking for - more longer chain collections/side quests to get mounts and other unique items after they scrapped them from legendaries due to time constraints. Players were sick of material grinds and gold sinks and wanted something they could pursue in their own time without given they had families etc.

This achieves that. Puzzles can even be skipped using the skyscale treats to shorten some of the quests, but this gave players a goal to work towards in their own timeframe between content releases

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

You can become a majority too, ya don't have to stay and be the minority

I really care so little about this subject at this point, sorry, but I did find this part quite amusing. I can become a majority by leaving? You mean most have left?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, abc.4918 said:

I really care so little about this subject at this point, sorry, but I did find this part quite amusing. I can become a majority by leaving? You mean most have left?

You know if you don't care you don't need to reply because i also did find this part amusing, I assume "Majority rule" mean people are fine with it, now you mean "Majority are leaving". I'm shaking my head here

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

You know if you don't care you don't need to reply because i also did find this part amusing, I assume "Majority rule" mean people are fine with it, now you mean "Majority are leaving". I'm shaking my head here

I didn't think you meant what I interpreted it as -- sorry, tone doesn't always come through in text. I was trying to figure out what you meant by, "You can become a majority too, ya don't have to stay and be the minority". Are you saying to leave if you don't like the Skyscale acquisition? And how does that make me a majority?

• Sad 1