LWS1 is done - We'll finally get new content!

Aodlop.1907

The next living world episode is going to be moving the story FORWARD, instead of backward.

I'm really excited for this. 

EoD has been held back by this whole LWS1 thing for so long, now we'll finally get to see where the story is going next and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Also, I hope Taimi finally dies from her 6 years long mortal illness. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 34
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

yes, it includes both (and a solo version of marrionette fight too)

That sounds nice. Have to play this later - will be a long night I guess, ha ha. I think there they introduced Taimi - at the Marionette where we only had the instance from EotN? (Did play most of season 1 back than at the original release ... but not this part. Looking forward to it.)

43 minutes ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

LWS1 is done - We'll finally get the next expansion!

Fixed.

(they said they were working on it after EoD was released, don't expect any new content...LW1 was the "new content" for this expansion, instead of LW6)

Edited by Nazarick.9653
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Love the years worth of "Bring back LWS1" and when they finally do you see people whining about "no new content".

Anet doesn't do what people ask them to do - Whine
Anet does what people ask them to do - Whine

Two different groups. The group who wanted LS1 are an extremely small minority.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13

1 hour ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

I was playing when LWS1 came out and I was still happy to see it re-released - I have several friends who have started (or restarted) the game and never experienced the content, it was an annoying gap in the story. The number of people I've seen engaging with the content would suggest that this is kind of a hot take.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Love the years worth of "Bring back LWS1" and when they finally do you see people whining about "no new content".

Anet doesn't do what people ask them to do - Whine
Anet does what people ask them to do - Whine

People always whine.

Just look at the professions forum.  Almost every sub forum is a wall of whining about their class being "the worst" , "useless" , etc

As someone who missed LW1 live I was very pleased to see it even if it's not truly authentic experience. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

I wonder if you have any information to back up your claim.  As someone that been here from the beginning and went through L:S1 myself I had no interest in it.  However, players that were here for LS1 are not the majority of players, they are the minority.  So for the majority, LS1 is a new experience.  Plus there are those that experienced LS1 and also think a permanent version was needed.  I would be surprised if the group that wanted LS1 were a minority.  Any actual data you have that can disprove this position would be appreciated.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

EoD has been held back by this whole LWS1 thing for so long, now we'll finally get to see where the story is going next and I can't wait to see where it goes.

the only reason I decided to stick to the game when I returned 7 months ago was because they announced the reintroduction of the LWS1 because now the personal story (after the original game) will finally make sense (or so I hope).

couldn't care less for EoD or anything new if the old content makes no sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It might sound contradictory but I'm happy with both these things.

I'm very glad Season 1 finally got re-released. I was telling my husband earlier it seems crazy to think it's the first time ever the entire main story has all been playable. (I'm not counting when season 1 was first released because it wasn't all available at once.) I'm really glad they took the time to do that and to do it right - not settling for disjointed bits like we had previously.

But I'm also excited about what will be coming in future because there's a good chance we're going to be getting something entirely new and I'm very curious about what that will be, and where in Tyria we'll be going. But with EoD bringing the Elder Dragon story to an end I think it made sense to get the complete story back into the game before moving on to new things.

(Also like someone else said don't expect a new storyline to start soon. This will be the big release for November, then in December there will be Wintersday so it'll likely be January at the earliest before the new season starts.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hindenburg.3415 said:

As someone who missed LW1 live I was very pleased to see it even if it's not truly authentic experience. 

I missed it as well.

But it's the past now, I learned what happened, and so I'd rather we had a cool cinematic recaping these events, instead of what's going to be an entire year of no really new content added to the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

6 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

I missed it as well.

But it's the past now, I learned what happened, and so I'd rather we had a cool cinematic recaping these events, instead of what's going to be an entire year of no really new content added to the game.

I don't understand this logic, if you missed it the first time around then it is new content for you.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1