Six More Minutes to Knightfall bugged for people who had the original achievement unlocked years ago

40 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Then your situation is completely different from those in this thread.  All of us have the first achievement completed from 9 years ago but are unable to get the second achievement to complete.  What you experienced is likely the RNG with the performance of players in the instances and you eventually found one that was quick enough to complete the achievements for you.  I can hop on one foot and pat my head before the fight but that doesn't mean that was what caused me to get credit if I happened to get credit.  You need correlation and there isn't one with the local.dat file.

EDIT:  Based on my recent finding, what happened with those other times for you is that they all completed below 10 minutes remaining on the timer which is a fail.  You just happened to get it in an instance that beat it with more than 10 min remaining after deleting your local.dat file.

I was public and private groups and won in many instances with plenty of buffer time left. At least twice within 5 mins when in private instances. All failed. And fyi, the timer countdown starts at 15 minutes, which means 9 minute is the threshold.

If you had read my very first post in this thread, I specifically mentioned that I did not have the original achievements. It worked for me and it worked for others that I know of, although I did not asked if they had the original. So there's a definite correlation no matter what argument you bring forth.

32 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

And fyi, the timer countdown starts at 15 minutes, which means 9 minute is the threshold.

Take a stopwatch and time it.  In fact just time the first two minutes.  If you start a timer for two min when the event starts at the 15 min mark, it should end at the 13 min mark, right?

At least twice within 5 mins when in private instances.

Were you timing it or going off the event timer?

If you had read my very first post in this thread, I specifically mentioned that I did not have the original achievements.

Yes and your situation is completely different from that of everyone else in the thread.

So there's a definite correlation no matter what argument you bring forth.

No more correlation than me hopping on one foot and patting my head before the fight for good luck.

Edited by mythical.6315

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

Take a stopwatch and time it.  In fact just time the first two minutes.  If you start a timer for two min when the event starts at the 15 min mark, it should end at the 13 min mark, right?

Were you timing it or going off the event timer?

Yes and your situation is completely different from that of everyone else in the thread.

No more correlation than me hopping on one foot and patting my head before the fight for good luck.

I taped it to check and used a timer. The countdown reset at the first 14 minutes mark , thus making it 16 minutes countdown. So, as you said, 10 minutes threshold. The 2 attempts that we won within 5 minutes in Private instances, it wasn't right at the mark but well within.

No, I did not use a timer. Just based it off event timer and it was showing 10 mins+, which should be within the 6-min margin comfortably. And I didn't get credit. Amazingly enough, after I deleted the file and did it on a Public Instance and the event timer shows 9 mins+, I got it.

Maybe it only works for those who didn't have the initial achievement. But if it worked for more than 1 person, then there must be a correlation somehow.

Anyways, take it for what it is. Was just trying to help others resolve the issue. No need to get so sarcastic just because it didn't work for you. I never promised a guarantee fix or I'd have demanded Anet pay me for it. I just say to TRY.

What's worrying me now about this achievement is that we likely will not get a fix until the next patch on the the 22nd.  That is assuming that they have a fix ready by then.  The longer it takes for a fix, the less likely it becomes to get an instance that can complete the meta within six minutes.  The rewards are meh when compared to other things and a lot of people probably won't touch it once they have all of the achievements or finished the story.  It'll become more difficult to get a decent sized instance to go for the achievement and even more difficult to be in an instance with people that are capable of pulling it off.  The best chance that players affected by this bug have on completing this achievement will be the first day the fix gets released.  After that... well, good luck.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

What's worrying me now about this achievement is that we likely will not get a fix until the next patch on the the 22nd.  That is assuming that they have a fix ready by then.  The longer it takes for a fix, the less likely it becomes to get an instance that can complete the meta within six minutes.  The rewards are meh when compared to other things and a lot of people probably won't touch it once they have all of the achievements or finished the story.  It'll become more difficult to get a decent sized instance to go for the achievement and even more difficult to be in an instance with people that are capable of pulling it off.  The best chance that players affected by this bug have on completing this achievement will be the first day the fix gets released.  After that... well, good luck.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Definitely feels like a  shaft to Season 1 veterans that ANET isn't even acknowledging the problem, and assuming there is any fix, it'll come too late for any of us to actually complete it because the pop will have dropped off.

I was super excited about new lore notes to comeback, re-do season 1, and see old LA. But currently there's no point to even try because this one achievement blocks ALL of the progress.

• Like 2

tbh every time something like this happens, especially without any response, I vote with my wallet. I refuse to give them any money, until things are fixed.

anyway, I have hopes for a bugfix patch tomorrow. otherwise I can already see what is happening: people keep an eye on patchnotes and forum posts and the moment it gets fixed, there will be a few 6min squads. after that, you will have a hard time getting it.

• Like 3

The main problem no longer seems to be the achievement being bugged; it's getting the 6 minutes kill at this point. I didn't finish the achievement back then and missed the first day of the re-release. I could theoretically get the achievement, but it seems impossible.

Public instances never get it even during peak hours. The only option then seems to be private instances, which are pain to organise and still often miss the achievement by at least minute, even when advertised as food+meta builds only.

Edited by Kierar.8293

I just realized that there likely won't be a patch next week due to the U.S. holiday and that the week after is the big balance patch.   The achievement doesn't impact the story progression so I don't see the a hot fix dedicated to it.  Unless we get this achievement completed before the Wintersday patch, it will be incredibly difficult to complete otherwise.   Everyone will be doing Wintersday so the instance will be mostly be dead.  People who just want to complete the episode will still likely be able to complete the meta itself; just not under six min.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:03 PM, Techstriker.4130 said:

I was super excited about new lore notes to comeback, re-do season 1, and see old LA. But currently there's no point to even try because this one achievement blocks ALL of the progress.

wrong, this achievement does not block progress.

I am also affected by the bug because I have completed the achievement 8 years ago, but for the meta you only need 18 of 21 possible achivments ... for the progress you can ignore the bug.

Anet should just give both achievements to everyone that finished the instance at least once at this point tbh. I know it is just 20 AP, but it makes me sad that I likely won't be getting them. Bugged or not, I organised so many private instances just to see all of them fail by 30+ seconds and I give up.

I would just like to add again that I do not have the original achievement from back then, and I also am in the bugged camp of not getting the new one either. It's not only people who have the original achievement not getting the new one.

Edited by Pastry.4915
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pastry.4915 said:

I would just like to add again that I do not have the original achievement from back then, and I also am in the bugged camp of not getting the new one either. It's not only people who have the original achievement not getting the new one.

That depends on how you're determining when six minutes have passed. There's a difference between using the event countdown timer and using a stopwatch.

Edited by mythical.6315