Regarding "Lion's Memory"

56 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

So it's not a public hub after all, like the other VIP passes?

I would not call it a "public hub" like the ones from the VIP passes, it works more like an open world map. 

It is an exact copy of the old Lion's Arch map (as far as I remember the old map) and it works like every public open world map, with the following exceptions: You can only enter the map with the portal scroll "Lion's Pride" or TP-to-friend (yes it works, tested it myself), when in the map you have no access to the world map (because it's "in the mists") and the map has a new name/id "Memory of Old Lion's Arch".

EDIT: And this map feels so much more alive than the new Lion's Arch.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, notebene.3190 said:

I presume it then doesn't work like a home instance, in that who I get a ride from has to remain there for me to remain there?

No. It works like an open world map. If your character is on the map it stays on the map unless your character goes to another map. I have not noticed any idle-logout timer yet. You can log out and log in and the character is still on the map.

• Thanks 4

Only need 2 fractals, one of 2 from each of the first few LW episodes, but ended up doing all 4 of them in a PUG and it was fast and a blast!

Tried the TA Aetherpath and we didn't do so well. Those oozes are a nightmare. Will try again tomorrow, and hope I get in a group with someone that knows how to do it. I sure don't know how. Or will try my hand at 'The Higher Road', that would finish me. I was actually super close on my first run through with my main Ele Staff Weaver, who is probably one of my hardest characters to play, but she's my main and I'm stubborn at wanting to use a staff, so I get what I get.

I already did Twisted Marionette, but before the LW story came back, and it apparently didn't count, but will try that again.

That leaves doing the B4LA, which by comparison to the first 4, looks rather easy to do.

Crossing my fingers I get it done!

• Like 1