So Ancient Karka next?

Blaeys.3102

So, unless Im forgetting something, the only major world boss from season 1 (or pre season 1) missing is the Ancient Karka, the first real "Living World" major encounter they added. 

Seems like it would be a good candidate - with a little fight polish and balance - for the Winterstorm/Marionette/Battle for Lion's Arch treatment.

Would personally love to see it.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It would work well as a strike in the same way Forged worked since we had to fight our way to it in LA and then Southson. It doesn’t even need fitting into the story journal, it just can just be added to the EoTN scry pool. Once the LA section is done, it can auto port everyone to Southson to finish the fight

• Like 1

Ancient Karka battle was 1000% cooler than Karka Queen. We had to use unique strategies with the environment to lure it across the map to take down a literal invincible creature. IDK what other boss has ever existed with that kinda power. He deserves recognition and a super epic battle. XD

Also it's the perfect time to add swimsuits to the game like they should have when Southsun was first released. 🙂 

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Ancient Karka battle was 1000% cooler than Karka Queen. We had to use unique strategies with the environment to lure it across the map to take down a literal invincible creature. IDK what other boss has ever existed with that kinda power. He deserves recognition and a super epic battle. XD

Also it's the perfect time to add swimsuits to the game like they should have when Southsun was first released. 🙂 

I consider the leaf covering whatever goodies my sylvari is packing a swimsuit. And for some reason I always get stripped down to it when i'm in southsun, or some part of that map. 

• Like 1

People have good memories of the ancient karka fight? My computer was running at approximately 1 frame every 3 seconds... And I crashed at least 3 time just on the final fight being kicked on an alternate map each time with the need to start over each time...

That was the worst fight I experienced in GW2. Mind you, the whole scale of the event was amazing, pushing back the karka that were invading lion arch, then going to southsun, occupying the island inch by inch to finally reach the ancient karka lair resulting in a wild battle against this big thing that was running everywhere.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I consider the leaf covering whatever goodies my sylvari is packing a swimsuit. And for some reason I always get stripped down to it when i'm in southsun, or some part of that map. 

It happens automatically on the beach at Pearl Islet. It's  Southsun Cove's beachside resort, so to speak, with a bar and beach chairs, etc.

11 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

People have good memories of the ancient karka fight? My computer was running at approximately 1 frame every 3 seconds... And I crashed at least 3 time just on the final fight being kicked on an alternate map each time with the need to start over each time...

That was the worst fight I experienced in GW2. Mind you, the whole scale of the event was amazing, pushing back the karka that were invading lion arch, then going to southsun, occupying the island inch by inch to finally reach the ancient karka lair resulting in a wild battle against this big thing that was running everywhere.

I loved the event. But yes, it put a huge strain on the game and our computers. The instances were swamped with people and I had the same frame rate problem. If they ever decide to reintroduce this event to the game, I hope that will no longer be a problem.

I do hope the re-release of Season 1 shows ANet that people are still interested in the temporary content the game had in its first 2 years, though I'm personally disappointed that Canach was almost completely overlooked in this re-release. New players still won't know what his deal was and how he got involved with us in the first place, except through exposition.

On 11/10/2022 at 4:39 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

It was pretty laggy but I enjoyed the fight and the concept. The game will run it a lot better now than back then. Current map metas nowadays probably have more people and enemies than that did. 

Edited by Doggie.3184

On 11/10/2022 at 4:39 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

It wasnt the fight itself that was bad, as you point out in your response  - it was the lag and crashes resulting from ArenaNet still trying to get map populations right. Would love to see that fight - at the same grand scale - without the lag, which should be possible now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1