[Request] Add Festival decorations and activities in Old Lions Arch!

Izzy.2951

Hey,

As title says it would be amazing if we could get festival decorations and activities in old LA. I guess most of it was done back in the day already. I would rather do Wintersday in old LA than in Divinitys Reach, good old times!

PD: Also the guild bank npc is missing.

PD2: And add the new activities that have been added through the years.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'd like to +1 this, but with a little more emphasis on how AWESOME old LA is.  This isn't a request of "You've given us a thing, now we want MORE", but rather "The thing you gave us is amazing, there is a ton of positivity in that map, please invest in it a little bit now and then if possible🙂 ".

My request would be chairs - which is weird, but now the well rested buff applies elsewhere, and idling in old LA is a thing, this would be a nice addition.  And yeah, if the activities are too much, it would be at least nice to have the old seasonal decorations back if that's easy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Remember it’s specifically meant to be old LA. Guild halls came in after new LA was built so I don’t think there can be a guild npc

second edit - apparently there were guild npcs prior to guild halls, so my above comment is irrelevant

Edited by Randulf.7614
Mistakenly wrote guilds instead of guild halls
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Remember it’s specifically meant to be old LA. Guilds came in after new LA was built so I don’t think there can be a guild npc

There was a guild bank npc in old LA, just behind the normal bank. Heres a wooden potatoes video of that time to prove it: 

And what do you mean with guilds came after the rebuilt of old LA? o.O (guilds were here since the start of the game)

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

While I like the idea, I think it might be a bit much to ask for.

Well i remember playing in old LA in 2012-2014 with all cover in snow with wintersday decorations etc etc (same for halloween etc). So maybe its already done, maybe they just need to  get it back live and tweak it a bit with like the Freezie strike mission npc etc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

There was a guild bank npc in old LA, just behind the normal bank. Heres a wooden potatoes video of that time to prove it: 

And what do you mean with guilds came after the rebuilt of old LA? o.O (guilds were here since the start of the game)

My apologies. I meant guild halls. I hadn’t remembered there being any guild npcs prior to them being added (it’s been 6-7 years and I’m hazy on old LA npcs), but I’m obviously in error there.

edited my earlier post accordingly

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Well i remember playing in old LA in 2012-2014 with all cover in snow with wintersday decorations etc etc (same for halloween etc). So maybe its already done, maybe they just need to  get it back live and tweak it a bit with like the Freezie strike mission npc etc.

Yep the festivals had alot more decos in old LA than in New LA. I like old LA also much more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

100% on board for seeing old LA in its "holiday skins" (especially the Forge) but don't think it's worth the effort to update it to be entirely up to date. Like at most put a teleporter to the main event and change the environment. 

Not everyone has access to Old LA compared to the cities so it's really not worth putting all this effort into a (technically) level-gated zone to my understanding.

• Like 1

If a dev is reading this by any chance; thank you so much for old lion's arch! ironically it's finnaly not only a memory.

Halloween and Wintersday especially were absolutely amazing in old lion's arch, the feeling of everyone being there and the snowglobe forge and all the decorations really made it special, i think these two festivals should be held in old lion's arch, and with the festival invitation gizmos there wouldn't be a gate to where the festival is, it would however put the main-hub feeling back in during those two festivals. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Drok Kindleshot.1496 said:

agree would of been nice if they would of done an ice rink in that huge pavillion between the bank and Tp and made a mini game out of it.

To be clear, people aren't asking for new decorations, but rather the original 2012/2013 decorations to return for Wintersday, Halloween, and Dragon Bash as all three already exist (or at least did in the Halloween/Wintersday cases).

• Like 3

On 12/19/2022 at 4:26 AM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

To be clear, people aren't asking for new decorations, but rather the original 2012/2013 decorations to return for Wintersday, Halloween, and Dragon Bash as all three already exist (or at least did in the Halloween/Wintersday cases).

This is what I also want. Having the original festival decorations during Wintersday, Dragon Bash and Halloween in old LA.

• 4 weeks later...