Make the 3 orders of tyria more significant

Yuka.6182

Make the 3 orders of tyria more significant and give them side content related to their order, and possibly own storylines. maybe some new story content or side stuff can be added to the orders. finally give us ranks within the order, where we can can kind of rank up in,  and maybe display our order rank on our names. the orders of tyria are really cool, and like ffxiv i can see a lot of potential in it. 

• Like 7

I recommend you playing the storyline and finding out what happens to the three Orders.

(On the way there I recommend you to do the personal story on different characters. Every order has a different storyline for every race - actually there's multiple storylines for every race. Ranking up is included.)

• Like 4

The Orders are significant, they play major roles in every season of the story and in some seasons they're a central focus. Though it does seem like Whispers gets less exposure than Priory or Vigil (only during LWS3, I think). I'm guessing you meant let your role in the Orders be more significant, but that's long since past.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

I like the idea of having more to do as part of an Order, but it depends a lot on what it is. Elder Scrolls Online does something like this, joining an organisation like the Mages or Fighters guild gives you access to extra daily quests. I don't know about other ESO players but I only ever did a few then stopped when I realise it's just the same format over and over and that's sending you to repeat parts of the open-world you've likely already done. There's nothing new involved and it's not leading to anything so there's absolutely no appeal for me.

If GW2 added Order dailies I probably wouldn't play them. On the other hand maybe they could do a collection like the ones for the Order backpacks in HoT but with more of a story to them, that would be more interesting and something I'm quite likely to do, but it would only be a one-off. (I don't think they could add something repeatable that I would want to keep repeating, because I don't do that.)

30 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

If you play the story you will notice that ur proposal is not a good idea, cause well you know commander is kinda a boss of all of the orders at some point. 

The player character is not in charge of any of the Orders at any point. They're part of one Order (moving up to the highest field rank) and then join the Pact as one of several Commanders, which is the second highest Pact rank (the highest is Marshal, currently that's Logan Thackeray). The Pact is largely made up of members of the 3 Orders, with smaller contingents from other groups, but all 3 Orders still exist and act independently of the Pact as well.

(I think it's kind of like the United Nations peace keeping force, which is made up of parts of member nations armed forces. They stay part of their countries military even when they're working for the UN, but work on UN missions and take orders from them.)

The Durmand Priory is lead throughout the game by Steward Gixx, the Order of Whispers by The Master of Whispers and the Vigil was founded and lead by Almorra Soulkeeper. All 3 periodically make appearances in the story even after the Pact was founded, and have a say in how it operates and what their people do as part of it.

• Like 4

Just now, Danikat.8537 said:

The player character is not in charge of any of the Orders at any point. They're part of one Order (moving up to the highest field rank) and then join the Pact as one of several Commanders, which is the second highest Pact rank (the highest is Marshal, currently that's Logan Thackeray). The Pact is largely made up of members of the 3 Orders, with smaller contingents from other groups, but all 3 Orders still exist and act independently of the Pact as well.

(I think it's kind of like the United Nations peace keeping force, which is made up of parts of member nations armed forces. They stay part of their countries military even when they're working for the UN, but work on UN missions and take orders from them.)

The Durmand Priory is lead throughout the game by Steward Gixx, the Order of Whispers by The Master of Whispers and the Vigil was founded and lead by Almorra Soulkeeper. All 3 periodically make appearances in the story even after the Pact was founded, and have a say in how it operates and what their people do as part of it.

True. The fact that they exist doesnt mean that they are not under the leadership of the Pact. Cause the Pact is a unification of 3 orders to begin with. They function more like departaments of Pact nowadays. Priory handles studies. Vigil handles military might. Whispers - intel. It would be kinda strange for an "commander" of the Pact to have a different title and or/job in one of these "departaments" aswell. I just dont see any logical way they can implement it without the good old "u are fired, u are hired again" sort of thing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

i like the orders idea, but frankly, theyre outdated/lost appeal, i guess anet think the same....

Notice that HoT maps are linked to a order: Verdant Brink(Vigil), Auric Basin(Priory), Tangled Depths(Whispers),  and even we have backpieces skins themed after a order in HoT, but nobody remember that.....

A bit exception is Vigil that keep appearing in every xpac/Living worlds til icebrood saga, theyre absent only in POF/EOD(not counting logan/pact as 'vigil').

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 2:09 PM, soulknight.9620 said:

True. The fact that they exist doesnt mean that they are not under the leadership of the Pact. Cause the Pact is a unification of 3 orders to begin with.

No, they do not. Pact is just a joint operation of the three orders, but does not make those orders subject to it. Just like, say, NATO is a cooperation between independent countries that are not in any way under its leadership.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i like the orders idea, but frankly, theyre outdated/lost appeal, i guess anet think the same....

Notice that HoT maps are linked to a order: Verdant Brink(Vigil), Auric Basin(Priory), Tangled Depths(Whispers),  and even we have backpieces skins themed after a order in HoT, but nobody remember that.....

A bit exception is Vigil that keep appearing in every xpac/Living worlds til icebrood saga, theyre absent only in POF/EOD(not counting logan/pact as 'vigil').

The Priory also plays key roles in LWS1, LWS2, HoT, and LWS4. Interestingly, the Orders are almost completely absent from LWS3, PoF and EoD, so they have about a 50-60% presence in the game if you count them appearing in the Personal Story as well (5 out of 9 seasons total).

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

15 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

The Priory also plays key roles in LWS1, LWS2, HoT, and LWS4. Interestingly, the Orders are almost completely absent from LWS3, PoF and EoD, so they have about a 50-60% presence in the game if you count them appearing in the Personal Story as well (5 out of 9 seasons total).

They do not have a presence in Elona because Joko rules there and Cantha has been shut to outsiders for centuries. 

• Like 1

The Order of Whispers originated in Elona, and apparently the Tyrian branch kept contact with Elona longer than most of the world was able to, but they had a schism at some point before GW2 started with the Elonian branch insisting on sticking purely to their original mission of keeping watch on Palawa Joko while the Tyrian branch considered the Elder Dragons a bigger threat and therefore their top priority and the two split into separate organisations.

The Priory originated in Tyria before the dragons rose but was a relatively small and not that well known organisation at the time, I think it was only when Zhaitain raised Orr and flooded the coast and the Priory helped save people, records and artefacts from Lion's Arch that they got well known and by then Elona and Cantha were already cut off.

And the Vigil were famously founded after Kralkatorrik rose, flew south to confront Glint and Destiny's Edge creating the Dragon Brand in the process and branded all of Almora's warband except her, which was long after Orr rose and contact with Elona and Cantha was lost. They also existed purely to fight the dragons so they wouldn't have gone there unless they knew there was an Elder Dragon there. (I assume now they'll find a new purpose, I can't see the whole organisation disappearing just because their primary purpose is done.)

Like other factions I think they come and go from the story based on what's currently going on and who it makes sense to include. If Anet tried to fit every group, even the major ones, into every storyline it'd be a mess and if they tried to make every storyline fit Order or Pact activities it would limit what we can do. I think that's why they had the player officially step down from active involvement from the Pact (in Season 3 if I remember correctly) to focus on their own objectives with Dragon's Watch. They're still part of their Order and the Pact but have more freedom to do their own thing. Which was especially useful when they also became Aurene's Herald. Dragon Champions are supposed to be totally devoted to their dragon, and while Aurene thankfully allows the player a lot more freedom than the others did I think there's only so many conflicting priorities one person can have.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, Yuka.6182 said:

Make the 3 orders of tyria more significant and give them side content related to their order, and possibly own storylines. maybe some new story content or side stuff can be added to the orders. finally give us ranks within the order, where we can can kind of rank up in,  and maybe display our order rank on our names. the orders of tyria are really cool, and like ffxiv i can see a lot of potential in it. 

We're in Cantha now, not Tyria.