Disappointed that Lion's Pride requires fractals

Gibson.4036

14 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

but instanced group content just isn't my or my family's thing.

Umm you already have a pre made group right there. And what could be more fun than running it with family! Its T1 fracts not that hard but fun to play with friends and family, its great to explore this together. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Totally true, or eventually lose interest in the game and find other things to do that one actually enjoys.

Lose interest because you don't play some parts of the game? It only makes it seem like if you lose interest with what you're currently replaying all the time, you still have plenty of new (to you) content to get into.

Edited by Sobx.1758
found one unnecessary "of the"
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Lose interest because you don't play some of the parts of the game? It only makes it seem like if you lose interest with what you're currently replaying all the time, you still have plenty of new (to you) content to get into.

Yeah, that one gets me. I can completely understand losing interest in a game if it takes away what you enjoy or stops producing what you enjoy. After all, at that point, you are no longer the target customer. But losing interest because some very old, and very skippable, content has some non-essential rewards added to it seems odd to me.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

Anet is not forcing you to get Lion's Pride.  It's not required for anything.  You can still play the way you want.  Playing the way you want doesn't mean getting every item.  If you want the item, you do the requirements.  If you don't want the item, you don't don't do the requirements.  No one needs Lion's Pride.  It's just a prestige item.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Even without the fractal collection, the key still requires completing 5 series of meta achievement. Which seems odd be suggesting this sort of heavy investment inside an MMO to the family, especially as a role of a parent.

For track record, suggestions or complaints based upon bias toward contents hardly seem to ever make a change here. We once had a player who claimed to be a guild leader, raised a thousand posts in this forum against incorporating Strike Mission into meta achievement, only to ends up with an expansion that require you to do Strike Missions for almost everything.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Anet is not forcing you to get Lion's Pride.  It's not required for anything.  You can still play the way you want.  Playing the way you want doesn't mean getting every item.  If you want the item, you do the requirements.  If you don't want the item, you don't don't do the requirements.  No one needs Lion's Pride.  It's just a prestige item.

You're right, no one's forcing it. And no one needs it. I don't even see it as a prestige item. I find the idea of almost all prestige items in video games to be a ridiculous concept.

It's a nostalgia item. As someone who has participated in "Seaworld LA was a loss of something really wonderful" and "give us a way to access old GW2 LA" threads, it's a reward aimed right at me, but the process toward it isn't.

I know "get more people into instanced content" is a particular focus of ANet recently.

And you're absolutely right, "do the content" or "live without the reward" are the two options. The purpose of starting the thread was to let ANet know that I'm living without the reward, and it has diminished at least one customer's satisfaction with their service.

39 minutes ago, erapago.4387 said:

I don't like anything except rewards. Give me the rewards.

That's gotta be hard for you. I guess you'll have to be content with login rewards. Unless you don't even like logging in. I guess technically you can claim Prime rewards or twitch drops and never login to get them or use them. That'd be strange, though.

2 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

Umm you already have a pre made group right there. And what could be more fun than running it with family! Its T1 fracts not that hard but fun to play with friends and family, its great to explore this together. 

My daughter is still kind of a button spammer. Not sure she'd survive even the easiest fractals, nor that I'm good enough to carry her. My son and I could possibly duo easy fractals. And it's possible to get carried. But this isn't really about possiblity, it's just letting the chef know that the recent shift in the menu isn't to our taste.

27 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

Even without the fractal collection, the key still requires completing 5 series of meta achievement. Which seems odd be suggesting this sort of heavy investment inside an MMO to the family, especially as a role of a parent.

Not sure what you mean there. We knock out collections slowly over time.

27 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

For track record, suggestions or complaints based upon bias toward contents hardly seem to ever make a change here. We once had a player who claimed to be a guild leader, raised a thousand posts in this forum against incorporating Strike Mission into meta achievement, only to ends up with an expansion that require you to do Strike Missions for almost everything.

Kinda hard to say. Over the past ten years GW2 has followed several different directions. It takes time for it to change, but it does. And ANet says they do read the forums. I know there's a lot of skepticism among forumites about that, but it looks to me like it's true.

I know I'm just one customer. There a bunch of people who love strikes, and even people who are holding onto hope for new fractals and raids, in spite of it looking very much like ANet is all in on strikes now.

How much does one feedback form dropped in the comments box count? Who knows. But here's mine.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

That's gotta be hard for you. I guess you'll have to be content with login rewards.

Well spotted! And if he refuses to play x% of the game, he won't be able to get rewards that are earned through gameplay. Instead he'll only get login rewards. Similarly to you, when you refuse to play through x% of the content, it should be reasonably understandable that you won't get all of the rewards. It also seems your daughter (who's still kind of a button spammer as you've put it above) doesn't exactly care about that pass. It's you who want it, so once again I'll just note that trying to sort of use family members on the forum to leverage easier rewards doesn't seem ok to me. Unless I somehow completely misunderstand the purpose for which you're constantly bringing your children up, that is absolutely possible 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Grunim.9034 said:

I haven't looked at what's required for the achievement yet, was a new fractal introduced that has to be completed?  Which fractal is needed and can it be done at T1 difficulty?

Nope, I think he's complaining about the previous parts of the meta achievement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Well spotted! And if he refuses to play x% of the game, he won't be able to get rewards that are earned through gameplay. Instead he'll only get login rewards. Similarly to you, when you refuse to play through x% of the content, it should be reasonably understandable that you won't get all of the rewards. It also seems your daughter (who's still kind of a button spammer as you've put it above) doesn't exactly care about that pass. It's you who want it, so once again I'll just note that trying to sort of use family members on the forum to leverage easier rewards doesn't seem ok to me. Unless I somehow completely misunderstand the purpose for which you're constantly bringing your children up, that is absolutely possible 😄

Or he can ask for more non-instance ways to get the reward .

Getting the  reward from other means  , doesn't remove the excitment from the rest 😛

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

He sure can, the same way the person he was quoting can request anything they want without playing, to which OP -understandably, really- responded "That's gotta be hard for you. I guess you'll have to be content with login rewards. Unless you don't even like logging in. I guess technically you can claim Prime rewards or twitch drops and never login to get them or use them. That'd be strange, though."

I agree with him on this one: requesting rewards without playing through content is pretty strange. It would be even weirder to honor those requests over and over again while at the same time dismissing anything along the lines of "but what if I want to sit in a city map 24/7 and still get any reward I feel I should have". Overally either play the game to get the rewards or deal with not having everything without playing everything.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

He sure can, the same way the person he was quoting can request anything they want without playing, to which OP -understandably, really- responded "That's gotta be hard for you. I guess you'll have to be content with login rewards. Unless you don't even like logging in. I guess technically you can claim Prime rewards or twitch drops and never login to get them or use them. That'd be strange, though."

I agree with him on this one: requesting rewards without playing through content is pretty strange. It would be even weirder to honor those requests over and over again while at the same time dismissing anything along the lines of "but what if I want to sit in a city map 24/7 and still get any reward I feel I should have". Overally either play the game to get the rewards or deal with not having everything without playing everything.

Yeah we have a democratic forums where people can suggest whatever they want .

If he doesn't like instance content , and more people show up then the company can do their best to help them .

This is how you grow a lovely community

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

So if more people state they like sitting in a city map and get rewarded with whatever they want then it means it's also suddenly a reasonable request then, right?

Yeah , because the company already said that Fractals is a the cornerstone of the game ...meaning whatever population join there , they will release more .

Just like Strikes .

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

I get you Op. I'm not bothered by most content in the game, but I don't think I will ever be fast enough for strikes, raids, or serious pvp. I have reaction time issues due to MS and don't want to disappoint my mates. I'll probably ask (or pay) to be carried for the turtle, and I REALLY frigging want legendary armor for the convenience. Might test out WvW to see if I can handle it.

I've done low level fractals before and am confident you can just rip off that band aid and complete them. It's surprisingly easy and the lore stories are cute. Do what I do! Announce how much you suck to your team before the fight, or specify casual in the lfg. 😆

Edited by anvasera.9745
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Honestly this is how I feel finding out I have to do that icebrew saga crap just to get a jormag skin for my hammer. I mean come on I have to play content unrelated to EoD for Gen 3 legendary weapons....I just want my Ice hammer so I can slink back into wvw in peace. I've already shelled out a few hundred gold why now do I have to complete that awful champions story just to fight jormag and the lava dragon?

• Confused 3

19 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I love bread pudding. You made great bread pudding in the past. Lately you've been putting raisins in it, and that ruins it for me. I know you're really excited about getting people to eat raisins, and some people really love raisins, but just thought you'd like to know I'm losing interest in eating at this restaurant with you sprinkling raisins in so many different dishes lately.

Yeah, I can pick them out. But that gets tiring quickly.

I don't think this is a particularly apt metaphor, though. More like, you're in a restaurant, you've eaten there plenty. It has a pretty eclectic menu. One day, you see that they've added bread pudding on the menu. You love the idea of bread pudding. But you notice it has raisins in it. You look around, everyone is digging their bread pudding with raisins, they're loving it. You tell the waiter, "I want this bread pudding, but I don't want raisins in it." They respond, "Unfortunately, we prepare huge batches of bread pudding at once, we don't have a way to give you a bread pudding without raisins. The bread pudding is very popular with raisins, and we don't have a lot of interest in bread pudding without raisins." Someone at your table says, "Hey, I'm a big fan of raisins, I can help you take the raisins out (using clean silverware so that I'm not touching your food or anything.) That way, you can enjoy the bread pudding." You slam your hand on the table, "NO, I want the restaurant to make the bread pudding the way I want it, not the way that they normally make it." And everyone clapped or something, I don't know.

Anyways, I get your frustration, but I'm pretty sure you can do these Fractals at Tier 1, right? I duo'd T1 fractals with my buddy who was level 60 and had random gear, and I was running Celestial on a nonsense open world build, no fractal potions or anything. I've been three-manning the T1 Fractal dailies with my two buddies who just recently started playing the game again, one of them is a Spellbreaker with Berserker gear he bought off of the TP, the other one is a Harbinger who has some random Carrion gear from the TP and like 3 trinkets, one of which is the Hero's Band that you get at level 1 that gives +2 to all stats. They are not challenging. T1 Fractals are easier than the dungeons you gain access to while leveling.

Edited by Vordrax.5243
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

I do get the disappointment, OP, and I don't see why people feel the need to ridicule you for it. I doubt you're the only person who feels this way, and even though I like fractals and am able to complete the requirements as currently implemented, I'm still glad you took the time to post your perspective - That's what forums are for.

There have been similar issues in the past with story metas having really tight requirements (do them all or get nothing) or unpopular content choices (do a strike mission or no Turtle), and in some respects they've improved this situation by adding more options so people have more wiggle room to get to the end goal, but for LS1, I feel like they almost had to include fractals and dungeons simply because the plot that happens there is integral to the story of season one. Being that this is the first season players will experience, I'm not surprised that they're asking people to give everything a try, but I do understand the annoyance that comes from having already tried something and knowing it's not for you without having alternatives.

Naturally, people will be willing help you meet the current requirements, but if ArenaNet decides to revisit this later and increase the wiggle room with more achievements toward the meta, that would also be an acceptable way to resolve the issue. Whatever path you eventually take, I hope you can eventually experience and enjoy Old LA. In the meantime, teleport to friend does work to get you in there, so at minimum you'll be able to visit and see what it's like and feel those launch-time feels.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I do get the disappointment, OP, and I don't see why people feel the need to ridicule you for it. I doubt you're the only person who feels this way, and even though I like fractals and am able to complete the requirements as currently implemented, I'm still glad you took the time to post your perspective - That's what forums are for.

There have been similar issues in the past with story metas having really tight requirements (do them all or get nothing) or unpopular content choices (do a strike mission or no Turtle), and in some respects they've improved this situation by adding more options so people have more wiggle room to get to the end goal, but for LS1, I feel like they almost had to include fractals and dungeons simply because the plot that happens there is integral to the story of season one. Being that this is the first season players will experience, I'm not surprised that they're asking people to give everything a try, but I do understand the annoyance that comes from having already tried something and knowing it's not for you without having alternatives.

Naturally, people will be willing help you meet the current requirements, but if ArenaNet decides to revisit this later and increase the wiggle room with more achievements toward the meta, that would also be an acceptable way to resolve the issue. Whatever path you eventually take, I hope you can eventually experience and enjoy Old LA. In the meantime, teleport to friend does work to get you in there, so at minimum you'll be able to visit and see what it's like and feel those launch-time feels.

Disagreement isn't the same as ridiculing, not need to try and victimize anyone. OP got plenty of advice both about how to approach the content as well as how to access the zone "he just wanted to show to someone" anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 6