Disappointed that Lion's Pride requires fractals

Gibson.4036

4 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

There were absolutely others in this thread that were ridiculing Gibson, a Mod even had to come in and remove some of them.

Oh, didn't see that happen then. And I kind of find it hard to believe (or rather: don't see a reason to do it) someone decided to suddenly comment about posts that were deleted ~6h ago, but maybe that's really what it was about, ty.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

If you want a thing, but you don't want to do the task(s) required to get that thing and refuse to do them, then I guess you don't want that thing as badly as you say. 🤷‍♀️

Same gripe we heard with the anniversary achievements forcing people to do game mode(s) they wouldn't have otherwise. I don't like pvp and I only like wvw when I'm feeling masochistic. I sucked it up and did it so I could get the skins. Had a bit of fun, surprisingly enough.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

I understand where you're coming from OP.  I love fractals and don't mind doing them, but that's neither here nor there. 

When legendary armor first came out and it was locked behind raids, I didn't like it any more than you like this being locked behind fractals.

But MMOs aren't about what you like or what I like. Could Anet have made it so you don't have to do a fractal? Sure. they could. But thy also have a responsibility to people who play those formats to try to get new people in, because there's always attrition. If thousands of people force themselves into fractals and a hundred stay, they have a bunch of people who have more reason to stay with the game. 

This isn't about you and your money and you as a paying customer, because what's good for the game is good for the game. There are lots of areas in the game that I was resistant to that I now play because the game "encouraged" me to do so. Obviously you made up your mind and that's fine. But I don't think  you'll fine an MMO that's more casual with regard to not having to do instanced multiplayer content than this one. 

This is a reward you can get, even if you don't like doing what it takes to get it. The way I look at it is this. If I spend an hour doing something I don't really enjoy out of 40 hours of stuff I do enjoy, then it's not that big a deal. It's like watching a tv series you enjoy and seeing 1 bad episode. 

At any rate, I don't think my post will convince you but if you want help with it, and you're on a US server, my wife and I  would be happy to take you through with minimal interaction just to get it done.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I've always thought it was weird that devs have to "encourage" players into certain game modes that otherwise would simply not have enough players, because they're just not popular (for a reason).

I have to wonder at some point, do devs just refuse to stop supporting a failed game mode just out of sunk cost fallacy? Or is it a "we need to encourage them to do this repeatable content we've already created because we can't make the 'good' content at the rate players complete it"?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I spend most of the time in wvw. I’m not a big fan of pve especially instanced. This is a mmo and if you want the rewards you have to play all of the game. Funny story my wvw guild wanted the new tonic. So we started doing the strikes once a week. We went from getting steamrolled to clearing them very quickly. We all went into it with a open mind and ended up having fun. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

I've always thought it was weird that devs have to "encourage" players into certain game modes that otherwise would simply not have enough players, because they're just not popular (for a reason).

I have to wonder at some point, do devs just refuse to stop supporting a failed game mode just out of sunk cost fallacy? Or is it a "we need to encourage them to do this repeatable content we've already created because we can't make the 'good' content at the rate players complete it"?

Hmm maybe you're onto something. Let's just get rid of fractals, raids and stop making strikes and GW2 will prosper! Anet, hire this person!

On a more serious note, an anet dev talked about this. Challenging end game content is necessary for all MMO's because it provides a long term goal. Most casual players that play long enough will eventually have bigger goals. Yes I know you will never be interested in fractals, but you're an outlier.

There is a reason why all MMO's have challenging end game content despite it only being played by a smaller part of the player base. I can't even think of a single MMO that does not have any challenging end game content that is still profitable and active today. Like seriously, try to name one

And if all the devs in the MMO industry are wrong, I guess you must be a genius.

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

14 hours ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

Hmm maybe you're onto something. Let's just get rid of fractals, raids and stop making strikes and GW2 will prosper! Anet, hire this person!

On a more serious note, an anet dev talked about this. Challenging end game content is necessary for all MMO's because it provides a long term goal. Most casual players that play long enough will eventually have bigger goals. Yes I know you will never be interested in fractals, but you're an outlier.

There is a reason why all MMO's have challenging end game content despite it only being played by a smaller part of the player base. I can't even think of a single MMO that does not have any challenging end game content that is still profitable and active today. Like seriously, try to name one

And if all the devs in the MMO industry are wrong, I guess you must be a genius.

Yeah  the devs in other games forbit also any raid selling with gold , so lets do that , they know best !

(By doing this action we remove the part of the raiders that wants to make money (gold) , and we can focus the part that want to be loved like Teapot ,while if they go in other games they will be the 57th guild that killed the Lich King.

Hopefully they will play ball and they dont try to shapes the OW community in their likes ... i prefer a community tht attracts the "good part" from very mmo 😛)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, RoyalPredator.9163 said:

I think Lion's Pride would be a great Birthday Gift for any 10 years old account....
... But really, I hate fractials and raids in GW2's form. 😕

mmmyes lets give veterans this item and throw all newer players away. They don't want or need it right? They should wait 10 years to be able to see the city they get thrown into in their personal story wondering where they are. 

I think an uproar would happen if they did this.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

There were absolutely others in this thread that were ridiculing Gibson, a Mod even had to come in and remove some of them.

For suggesting that a reward involving LWS1 content requiring content added in LWS1 is disappointing and comparing it to Siege Turtle, because "it locks people out". 

I could open threads about demanding to be awarded a daily sum of 30 gold and 50 of each T6 material, because what I want those, but I don't want to do the content to get those.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

For suggesting that a reward involving LWS1 content requiring content added in LWS1 is disappointing and comparing it to Siege Turtle, because "it locks people out". 

I could open threads about demanding to be awarded a daily sum of 30 gold and 50 of each T6 material, because what I want those, but I don't want to do the content to get those.

Wait ... didnt people whine about more gold increase in reddit and forums about Strikes + Raids , while they have already prestige skins behind that content ?

And now they demand Li to transform into T6mats  or gold ? The purpose of the LI is to get the best sexy gear as fast as possible ! (bah , food cost too much ... yeah ....rather than doing the encounter in 4min , you will do it in 5 if you get the cheap one !)

So the company should not hear any1 opnion , then from now on and tell those people to go in Drizzelwood !

• Confused 4

34 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Wait ... didnt people whine about more gold increase in reddit and forums about Strikes + Raids , while they have already prestige skins behind that content ?

And how do you get those "prestige skins" that look arguably worse than most BL skins while costing the same or more? That's right, GOLD and Magnetite Shard/Green Shard. 
Gold, that you can get more of just by auto running behind a tag doing events in Tarir.

39 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And now they demand Li to transform into T6mats  or gold ? The purpose of the LI is to get the best sexy gear as fast as possible ! (bah , food cost too much ... yeah ....rather than doing the encounter in 4min , you will do it in 5 if you get the cheap one !)

LI is only used for Raid Legendary and Coalescence, nothing else, you got all, LI is useless from that point. Hatched Chili of Raids. I can turn Eternal Ice into LWS4 mats, then VM, then to Gold already and Magnetite Shards/Green Shards can be turned into MC or Clover.
It also costs ~30 silver to craft an Ascended feast that can be used by anyone, if that's too much then I guess a Mystic Coin is worth a fortune for you.

But congrats latching onto a joke I made about the reason this thread was born, not like there hasn't been a ton of threads about wanting instanced PvE Rewards without instanced PvE, but if it's the opposite the world falls apart.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

And how do you get those "prestige skins" that look arguably worse than most BL skins while costing the same or more? That's right, GOLD and Magnetite Shard/Green Shard. 
Gold, that you can get more of just by auto running behind a tag doing events in Tarir.

LI is only used for Raid Legendary and Coalescence, nothing else, you got all, LI is useless from that point. Hatched Chili of Raids. I can turn Eternal Ice into LWS4 mats, then VM, then to Gold already and Magnetite Shards/Green Shards can be turned into MC or Clover.
It also costs ~30 silver to craft an Ascended feast that can be used by anyone, if that's too much then I guess a Mystic Coin is worth a fortune for you.

But congrats latching onto a joke I made about the reason this thread was born, not like there hasn't been a ton of threads about wanting instanced PvE Rewards without instanced PvE, but if it's the opposite the world falls apart.

Raiders should get the skin from the raids and then move to OW for the gold .

As you said , raiders  shouldn't either  skipthe OW .

Wait a sec.....i see on the internet that those LI are inside the Coffer(boxxes) , ALONG WITH OTHER REWARDS (like uni-gear + 2/4g per boss killed+ Magnetide Shards+ Guild Trophies) .  Li essintially is extra rewards among others !

While " Eternal Ice" is essentillay the ONLYreward you harvest (normal scicle) and you excange it for mats !

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Raiders should get the skin from the raids and then move to OW for the gold .

My gold from metas is guaranteed. Your precious Prestige Skins from Raids are not.

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Wait a sec.....i see on the internet that those LI are inside the Coffer(boxxes) , ALONG WITH OTHER REWARDS (like uni-gear + 2/4g per boss killed+ Magnetide Shards+ Guild Trophies) .  Li essintially is extra rewards among others !

While " Eternal Ice" is essentillay the ONLYreward you harvest (normal scicle) and you excange it for mats !

Guild Trophies have no value, they are literally decor. Unidentified gear is ~20 silver and Magnetite shards are worth about 5 silver each max. That makes about 10 gold per wing, and since a Raid wing takes around 40-45 minutes that comes out to less than 15 gold an hour. 
Thank you for proving that playing OW is more profitable than Raids.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

My gold from metas is guaranteed. Your precious Prestige Skins from Raids are not.

Guild Trophies have no value, they are literally decor. Unidentified gear is ~20 silver and Magnetite shards are worth about 5 silver each max. That makes about 10 gold per wing, and since a Raid wing takes around 40-45 minutes that comes out to less than 15 gold an hour. 
Thank you for proving that playing OW is more profitable than Raids.

a) Rewards are not affected by over-farming the OW , that why people have dropped Silverwaste to Drizzlewood .

b) How people could make 80gold for 2,5 hour run (Teapot) for several years  , and 2 months ago the company increased the gold for Raids , but suddenly they droped to 15/hour as you are saying ?

c) Congratz , you can add EoD Cm strike that each give 100gold+ /hour

Now the company  should replace some liquid gold for T6 mats , because  instance have the best gold + best loot atm , and those instance people wont intercact with the OW .

Or offer the same rewards for OW to lure them there

Edit: Or the Instances becomes the best source of gold and other Cosmetics are in OW ! (lets test it for 2 year 😛 Its the same thing as official banning like other games)

• Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

a) Rewards are not affected by over-farming the OW , that why people have dropped Silverwaste to Drizzlewood .

Exactly, you can endlessly do metas and still get your rewards, but Raids are done once a week and done.

23 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

b) How people could make 80gold for 2,5 hour run (Teapot) for several years  , and 2 months ago the company increased the gold for Raids , but suddenly they droped to 15/hour as you are saying ?

2,5 hour to do every single Raid wing is quite far fetched for the majority of Raiders. 40-45 minutes per Raid wing - roughly 5 hours - is more realistic. Also, 2,5 hours for 80 gold is extremely low considering how much more effort you put into Raids to finish that fast. Even moreso how doing Tarir gets you fairly close to that amount for a fraction of the effort. 

29 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Weekly cap, just like Raids. The number is so high because it takes your loot and inflates it to an hour. Ankka CM is 10 gold in reward, but only once a week.
Next time read what you link and say "Gotcha",  alright?

34 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Now the company  should replace some liquid gold for T6 mats , because  instance have the best gold + best loot atm , and those instance people wont intercact with the OW .

Or offer the same rewards for OW to lure them there 😛

If OW was offered the same rewards people would be whining for getting barely any rewards.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2,5 hour to do every single Raid wing is quite far fetched for the majority of Raiders. 40-45 minutes per Raid wing - roughly 5 hours - is more realistic. Also, 2,5 hours for 80 gold is extremely low considering how much more effort you put into Raids to finish that fast. Even moreso how doing Tarir gets you fairly close to that amount for a fraction of the effort. 

Hmm , if i see streamers doing it in 2,5 and you need 5 , then  you need some practice.

80g was before the 2-month buff

Weekly cap, just like Raids. The number is so high because it takes your loot and inflates it to an hour. Ankka CM is 10 gold in reward, but only once a week.

There will be more Strikes in the future . So by wasting 2,5hour rads + another 2,5 hours fro Strikes you will make more gold than the rest can make in a 3days.

Then you will ask the company to remove the weekly lockout , so you can farm ever more gold !

Next time read what you link and say "Gotcha",  alright?

If OW was offered the same rewards people would be whining for getting barely any rewards.

Well we could put future cosmetics in the OW , now that instances makes more money OW , to attract raiders

• Confused 3

By next Sunday I'd like logs or video evidence of you clearing all 7 Raid wings in 150 minutes or less in a pug group.

If not then you can dial back back the snarky remarks. 

Well shouldn't we see some old Teapot videos where he plays his Guardian and talk on the video , in 2 hours ?

Hey hey ! Don't tell me about my snarky remarks .

When i see people belittle OW players , its get on my nerves a bit :P

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well shouldn't we see some old Teapot videos where he plays his Guardian and talk on the video , in 2 hours ?

Hey hey ! Don't tell me about my snarky remarks .

When i see people belittle OW players , its get on my nerves a bit 😛

So, you linked the world's first sub 2 hour run to justify the rewards in Raids. 

Since you also used Fast as a "source" to tell people that getting 10 gold a week for EoD Strike CMs is somehow 100+ gold per hour despite subsequent clears give barely anything this sub 2 hour run got them 35 gold per hour. 
Fishing gets you 28 gold per hour in Crystal Oasis. 
And if I was to misinterpet the data like you did to get that lovely 100+ gold per hour claim Dragonfall is 48 gold per hour.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

So, you linked the world's first sub 2 hour run to justify the rewards in Raids. 

Since you also used Fast as a "source" to tell people that getting 10 gold a week for EoD Strike CMs is somehow 100+ gold per hour despite subsequent clears give barely anything this sub 2 hour run got them 35 gold per hour. 
Fishing gets you 28 gold per hour in Crystal Oasis. 
And if I was to misinterpet the data like you did to get that lovely 100+ gold per hour claim Dragonfall is 48 gold per hour.

Yeah , because Teapot is a famous speedrun guild ..... (sarcasm) : And that sick dps (bull barrier necros) , helped them speedrun the proccess (sarcasm)

You are the one telling me that people can make more gold in OW , while the sites linking the gold/hour normally assume that any1 does 10k dps and have skyscale in OW (to move fast and tag) , or  they can tag fast enought the enemies in the Labyrthm-Steve .

edit: oh they got serious  , 2 months later , 1:40:00

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yeah , because Teapot is a famous speedrun guild ..... (sarcasm) : And that sick dps (bull barrier necros) , helped them speedrun the proccess (sarcasm)

As I said, if it's that easy that you can joke around and belittle others over it, I'd love to see you pug all 7 wings in one go in 150 minutes or less by next Sunday.

You don't prove your point by linking literally the best speedrun in the game, because speedruns are not indicative of actual performance.

For example, just because Lord Hizen did all EoD Strikes solo they are not easy.

4 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You are the one telling me that people can make more gold in OW , while the sites linking the gold/hour normally assume that any1 does 10k dps and have skyscale in OW (to move fast and tag) , or  they can tag fast enought the enemies in the Labyrthm-Steve .

Fast runs are from optimized runs, not some random groups. 
Looking at the gold/hour on content that cannot be farmed, such as Strikes or Raids will give you a false sense of income. If I do Ankka CM in 8 minutes I don't get 80 gold/hour, I get 10 gold for my 8 minutes and goodbye, see you next week.

Fast also lists different segments of metas, like the Battle of Dragonfall, which is a 7 minute long event in Dragonfall, it's listed as 48 gold/hour, except you only get to do it once every like 90 minutes. That's why it says those insane numbers on Strikes. You get 10 gold for a 10 minute fight it will inflate it to 60 gold/hour, even though you can't farm it.

In Fractals you can use it, because Fractals did have the best farming method in the game, where with Fractal God you could make around 80 gold per hour, but that's like saying you can kill Big Nose Ted quickly in Ascended gear.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1