Disappointed that Lion's Pride requires fractals

Gibson.4036

10 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

As I said, if it's that easy that you can joke around and belittle others over it, I'd love to see you pug all 7 wings in one go in 150 minutes or less by next Sunday.

You don't prove your point by linking literally the best speedrun in the game, because speedruns are not indicative of actual performance.

For example, just because Lord Hizen did all EoD Strikes solo they are not easy.

Fast runs are from optimized runs, not some random groups. 
Looking at the gold/hour on content that cannot be farmed, such as Strikes or Raids will give you a false sense of income. If I do Ankka CM in 8 minutes I don't get 80 gold/hour, I get 10 gold for my 8 minutes and goodbye, see you next week.

Fast also lists different segments of metas, like the Battle of Dragonfall, which is a 7 minute long event in Dragonfall, it's listed as 48 gold/hour, except you only get to do it once every like 90 minutes. That's why it says those insane numbers on Strikes. You get 10 gold for a 10 minute fight it will inflate it to 60 gold/hour, even though you can't farm it.

In Fractals you can use it, because Fractals did have the best farming method in the game, where with Fractal God you could make around 80 gold per hour, but that's like saying you can kill Big Nose Ted quickly in Ascended gear.

They did it in 1:40:00 , damm them 2 months later .

Well if you need 5 hours , keep it up , i guess .

If you combine the 2,5 hour raids + 40min Strikes , how much gold you could make daily ? 180gold in4 hours ?

Now if more Strikes release on the future , you will do 4x Stikes for 35min for 70gold daily  , or waste a whole day and combine 16xstrikes>2 hours>240gold.

If add this up you will make more gold > with less hour playtime than OW players per week , and it will give you more time to do other content for more rewards in the meanwhile , or something fun with your friends

So because instance will be more rewarding , we should put cosmetics in the OW to attracts the Raiders

(simple answer: dont belitle OW player ..otherwise i will continue for 6 years , this tactic ...sinserely scammy greek)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 13

14 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

They did it in 1:40:00 , damm them 2 months later .

Well if you need 5 hours , keep it up , i guess .

If you combine the 2,5 hour raids + 40min Strikes , how much gold you could make daily ? 180gold in4 hours ?

First off, those are weekly rewards. So no, you can't make that amount of gold daily and it's definitely not 180 in 4 hours.

Second, your really shouldn't make assumptions about clears of content you have 0 clue from. Most strong full clear groups clear in 2.5-3 hours weekly, and that's with very competent players. That's with no fails and a solid setup which meets a good balance of safety versus performance (for this level of play).

The amount of practice, experience and effort required to consistently achieve this kind of time is far beyond most players, not to mention the dedication required to keep the group running.

Running a full meta rotation in say 4 hours can easily yield 100+ gold, is doable daily and requires at most following a tag and knowing where to go.

14 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Now if more Strikes release on the future , you will do 4x Stikes for 35min for 70gold daily  , or waste a whole day and combine 16xstrikes>2 hours>240gold.

If add this up you will make more gold > with less hour playtime than OW players per week , and it will give you more time to do other content for more rewards in the meanwhile , or something fun with your friends

So because instance will be more rewarding , we should put cosmetics in the OW to attracts the Raiders

(simple answer: dont belitle OW player ..otherwise i will continue for 6 years , this tactic ...sinserely scammy greek)

What you fail to realize: there is no need to attract anyone to open world. Most players already play open world because quite frankly, it's one of the non capped gold source in the game (with fractals being in the top spot im0) and required for nearly any and all achievements or legendary gear.

You really need to take a step back and chill out. We get it, you dislike raids. You aren't touching instanced content and are on your bs crusade on the forums. That's still no reason to make kitten up and throw around imaginary numbers.

Some of us do full clear in 2.5-3 hours weekly and do full strikes with CMs and actually know what our gold/wealth gain is/was from that (because maybe we ran the gw2efficiency farm tracker occasionally while playing). Either step up and give proof of yourself getting those rewards and outperforming everyone else, or pipe down. Using other players results pretending it's so easily doable while not being able to perform at a fraction of that level yourself while completely misrepresenting the rewards gained is pathetic.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

First off, those are weekly rewards. So no, you can't make that amount of gold daily and it's definitely not 180 in 4 hours.

Second, your really shouldn't make assumptions about clears of content you have 0 clue from. Most strong full clear groups clear in 2.5-3 hours weekly, and that's with very competent players. That's with no fails and a solid setup which meets a good balance of safety versus performance (for this level of play).

The amount of practice, experience and effort required to consistently achieve this kind of time is far beyond most players, not to mention the dedication required to keep the group running.

Running a full meta rotation in say 4 hours can easily yield 100+ gold, is doable daily and requires at most following a tag and knowing where to go.

What you fail to realize: there is no need to attract anyone to open world. Most players already play open world because quite frankly, it's one of the non capped gold source in the game (with fractals being in the top spot imp) and required for nearly any and all achievements or legendary gear.

You really need to take a step back and chill out. We get it, you dislike raids. You aren't touching instanced content and are on your bs crusade on the forums. That's still no reason to make kitten up and throw around imaginary numbers.

Some of us do full clear in 2.5-3 hours weekly and do full strikes with CMs and actually know what our gold/wealth gain is/was from that (because maybe we ran the gw2efficiency farm tracker occasionally while playing). Either step up and give proof of yourself getting those rewards and outperforming everyone else, or pipe down. Using other players results pretending it's so easily doable while not being able to perform at a fraction of that level yourself while completely misrepresenting the rewards gained is pathetic.

How much gold you can make in those 4 hours then? If we see the current 4 Strikes , we will see that they have the most gold/hour than any OW and people got accustomed with them (avoiding deaths) .... Now imagine in the 4 Strikes in other Sememster ...and repeat . (more strike in the future => gold => its up to use to do them daily (4x per day) or all(16x for example) up once)

Dont try to tell me that you need 35 min to assemble a group (ask Guildmembers/LFG Friends/ask for LFR ...you had 10 years to fix those problems) and you need more time for  whipes (stack more Scourges , otherwise i will tell you about then 4k dps OW players that reduce our gold/h) that will drop the gold/hour .

I am sorry i am not chill . Maybe i should ask for 1g= 1xLI . While the LI comes each boss kill , long with 2/4g + uni-gear+ guild decoration + magnetite shards , in a package , while LI is used to get FASTEST + MOST BEAUTIFUL  GEAR .

What next ? Transform  the Guild decoration to gold ?

If Instance content becomes the most rewarded , same as fractal , then there no reason for the Raiders to come in OW , because as more Strikes are released you wont ever need to visit the OW maps for the uncapped  limit gold  . Maybe we should lure you with OW skins/armors ? 😛

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 10

1 hour ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I refuse to believe this is ignorance and just has to be bait at this point

I know right? It must be. He plays 50% of the game content and is pretending to know it better than players that play 100% of it even after so many proofs and arguments it just must be a troll. No one is that ignorant.

Like with this level arguments all those ppls wasted to throw in his way, I belive even Scarlet could be convinced to ba a good girl from now on. 

Yeah, becouse someone...

12 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yeah  the devs in other games forbit also any raid selling with gold , so lets do that , they know best !

(By doing this action we remove the part of the raiders that wants to make money (gold) , and we can focus the part that want to be loved like Teapot ,while if they go in other games they will be the 57th guild that killed the Lich King.

Hopefully they will play ball and they dont try to shapes the OW community in their likes ... i prefer a community tht attracts the "good part" from very mmo 😛)

...as always needed to turn another unrelated topic into yet another manifesto of how he hate raids and is jelous of this fugly lege armor.

10 minutes ago, slpr.2647 said:

ya'll should start your own thread, because what yall goin on about now aint got nothin' to do with the OP 

I agree with you, but I think it will take a Moderator to stop Killthehealersoffandgimmefreelegearmor and his never ending crusade for free loot. And even after they stop it, he will pop up in yet another thread soon enough. Even if it will be about what colours are in fashion this antumn in divinitys reach. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Yeah, becouse someone...

...as always needed to turn another unrelated topic into yet another manifesto of how he hate raids and is jelous of this fugly lege armor.

I agree with you, but I think it will take a Moderator to stop Killthehealersoffandgimmefreelegearmor and his never ending crusade for free loot. And even after they stop it, he will pop up in yet another thread soon enough. Even if it will be about what colours are in fashion this antumn in divinitys reach. 

I feel this is in line with the OP! They both would rather spends their efforts in complaining and arguing for days or (in this person case) months instead of doing the content.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

This is what I did, last night. Set up a lfg, myself. Put in description, new to fractals, chill run, anyone welcomed (because I noticed the first was almost doable with just me. 4 other people, regardless of play style and build could pull it off, easily.) Got through three within about 20 minutes. Would have kept going if it wasn't a work night. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, SnackParty.3178 said:

This is what I did, last night. Set up a lfg, myself. Put in description, new to fractals, chill run, anyone welcomed (because I noticed the first was almost doable with just me. 4 other people, regardless of play style and build could pull it off, easily.) Got through three within about 20 minutes. Would have kept going if it wasn't a work night. 

Yeah, you're correct. Too bad OP edited in this:

UPDATE: I tried to indicate that I'm aware there are ways to "just get it done". Carries. People doing it now specifically because of the achievement. Can be duoed even. This isn't about it being impossible, or some great injustice. This is just customer feedback to a business that presumably still wants my money.

So it's not even that he thinks this is impossible or that it's unfair... It's more of a "I don't want to do, but I want to have"! With some rather weak argumentation sliding from "think about [my] children!" (which probably aren't even that interested since it's OP speciifically who wants it -and if he really just wants to show the map to them then they can use tp to a friend to get there, but I guess... that doesn't count for some reason?) to "I have money, ok?!". I mean... if OP has money, then he can easly get unlimited tp to a friend for himself and his family and they can keep tping to old LA every hour.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

There's a reason why they're not selling it as a pass-- you're going to have to earn it.

T1 fractals are little more than glorified story instances. I would even say that some Living Story parts are harder. Don't let the word fractal discourage you.

As a side note, can we stop taking "play however you want" out of context? You can play however you want, but there is zero obligation on Anet's part to ensure that it will yield all the possible rewards in the game.

The original context is from: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Spoiler

It’s extremely important that we stay true to our philosophy that you should be able to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to play the game in order to reach the most powerful rewards.

But note the word "powerful". It is in reference to other MMOs and their gear treadmills. In many games, if you do not do certain content, your character will be weaker. In this game, the highest tier of stats was and still is ascended which can be gotten playing in most ways imaginable.

We’ll continue to offer cosmetic rewards such as titles, medals (such as map completion), unique skins, etc., which will remain prizes earned for completing specific parts of the game. These will show off the prestige of your character, but will not make your character more powerful than other characters.

Our reward systems need to be exciting, and include things you want to earn over time, but we don’t want to force our players on endless gear treadmills for new tiers of gear we add every 6 months. You won’t see another tier between Ascended and Legendary in 2013 for example.

Translation: You can play however you want, because you do not need exclusive rewards from specific content to make your character stronger, nor does the content make your character stronger. It does not mean you can get all the rewards without playing specific content.

So yea, there were always going to be unique rewards based around completing specific parts of the game.

Of course, it's a bit ridiculous to treat a decade old blog post as some kind of Bible as much content didn't even exist yet. . But even in the context it has zero standing. And of course-- it's actually impossible that such a broad statement can be taken  so literally that you can treat it as some carte blanche to receive any reward you want on your own terms.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Geez guys. They cannot please everyone.. 

There will always be something that is locked behind content you might not like. 

And when they lock it behind something else, someone else will get dissappointed. 

We are talking about what? 3-4 fractals of 15-20 min of content each here? Cmon. I dislike doing the same story twice or maybe 3 times to get an achievement. Do i want the item? Yes? Then i have to get it done. The developers didnt create the game just for me. But for a lot more people then me. 

So like i said. They cannot please everyone. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

It's weird though. They have apparently noticed there was an issue with the achieves, because alongside chapter 5 they added new ones to each previous LS1 chapter so getting the metaachievement is easier and you can skip some. Problem is, they added only one new achievement per chapter, but the fractals usually go in pairs (2x aether, 2x molten). At the same time, out of all the achievements on list fractal ones are the ones that players will be most likely to want to skip.

I mean, when they added those achieves, they obviously did it for a specific reason (they do not make such adjustments to previous content unless there's an issue they can pinpoint, and the issue is serious enough for them to consider bothering to address it). And yet, i do not see any other achievements outside fractal ones that might warrant this action.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Some should stop treating this game like a single player game, because it isn’t. If you refuse to play even the easiest group content you shouldn’t get every reward. 

It isn't a single player game, but it also isn't an instanced group content game.  Moreover, from a "What is advertised, what is played, and what content is there available" perspective, it is MUCH closer to the former than the latter.

I agree that there should be specific rewards for specific content, but there is a further discussion about which rewards should be given for which content.  I think there's a reasonable argument that locking an entire map (a very popular Open World map) behind instanced group content might not have been the best idea.

In this specific instance, I do think that the time investment and accessibility of fractals is low enough for this to be fine (This isn't the same as asking people to grind out many hours of raids to get PvE Legendary Armour), but I don't think this is a completely simplistic general principle.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2022 at 11:38 AM, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

I've always thought it was weird that devs have to "encourage" players into certain game modes that otherwise would simply not have enough players, because they're just not popular (for a reason).

I have to wonder at some point, do devs just refuse to stop supporting a failed game mode just out of sunk cost fallacy? Or is it a "we need to encourage them to do this repeatable content we've already created because we can't make the 'good' content at the rate players complete it"?

I think it's weird that you think this is weird.  People don't like to leave their comfort zones, but that doesn't mean it's not good for them to leave their comfort zone. There are tons of things in my life I didn't try for ages, because I just assumed they weren't for me. I didn't read Harry Potter for ages, partly because I saw it more as a kids thing and partly because it was super popular and I tend to take the road less traveled.  It was a time commitment I wasn't going to make. I had plenty of stuff I actually wanted to read. Until I finally got strong armed by writer friend who told me how good she thought it was.  And I trusted her, so I tried it.

There are people who only ever do the bare minimum and nothing else. I've had a number of people in my guild who did nothing but make alts and level them over and over again, complete all the zones, and then make another alt, for years. They're skipping most of the game.  And those people will eventually get bored because there's nothing new and leave the game, if they don't get out of their comfort zone and try something new. And maybe some of those people won't enjoy any of the new things, but some of them will. 

Retail business are always trying to get people to try new things. Book stores do it. Video stores do it.  You should look at the stuff streaming services try to get you to watch through targeted advertising. It's only normal for a business to do this. 

And some people will never change. That goes without saying. But I've evolved over the years and so have many in my guild. I know people who said they'd never touch jumping puzzles that now like them, even if they can't do the hardest ones. I have people in my guild who accidentally discovered WvW after being "forced" into it to get a gift of battle. And I know people who never did any PvP at all and now sometimes choose PvP for dailies because it's fast and easy.  The larger percentage of the game people play, the more chance there is they'll stay longer. 

There's an equation there somewhere.  Some people if they feel too forced will leave, but I don't think it's a bigger percentage than those who eventually evolve, even if they evolve reluctantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I think it's weird that you think this is weird.  People don't like to leave their comfort zones, but that doesn't mean it's not good for them to leave their comfort zone. There are tons of things in my life I didn't try for ages, because I just assumed they weren't for me. I didn't read Harry Potter for ages, partly because I saw it more as a kids thing and partly because it was super popular and I tend to take the road less traveled.  It was a time commitment I wasn't going to make. I had plenty of stuff I actually wanted to read. Until I finally got strong armed by writer friend who told me how good she thought it was.  And I trusted her, so I tried it.

There are people who only ever do the bare minimum and nothing else. I've had a number of people in my guild who did nothing but make alts and level them over and over again, complete all the zones, and then make another alt, for years. They're skipping most of the game.  And those people will eventually get bored because there's nothing new and leave the game, if they don't get out of their comfort zone and try something new. And maybe some of those people won't enjoy any of the new things, but some of them will. 

Retail business are always trying to get people to try new things. Book stores do it. Video stores do it.  You should look at the stuff streaming services try to get you to watch through targeted advertising. It's only normal for a business to do this. 

And some people will never change. That goes without saying. But I've evolved over the years and so have many in my guild. I know people who said they'd never touch jumping puzzles that now like them, even if they can't do the hardest ones. I have people in my guild who accidentally discovered WvW after being "forced" into it to get a gift of battle. And I know people who never did any PvP at all and now sometimes choose PvP for dailies because it's fast and easy.  The larger percentage of the game people play, the more chance there is they'll stay longer. 

There's an equation there somewhere.  Some people if they feel too forced will leave, but I don't think it's a bigger percentage than those who eventually evolve, even if they evolve reluctantly.

Solid points.

Also, the devs encourage players, via rewards, to participate in every game mode. If rewards were removed from all content much of the playerbase would leave IMO. 

• Like 1