November 29 Balance Update Preview

Double Tap.3940

On 11/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, raubvogel.5071 said:

If you add this, to honor active gaming:

Then please punish players for AFK-Farming as well. Add something like, if player is not moving and is not using skill #1 for a period of time, player and players pet don't deal damage!

And please add Mechanical Genius to the other pet professions as well, to make it fair. Revenant -> Ghosts, Mesmer -> Illusions, Elementalist -> Elementals, Engineer -> Turrets, Necromancer -> Minions, etc.

Yeah sure! Let's add that thing to all other pets that are doing around 1/4 of the dps of Mechs... just to make it "fair".
10/10 salty Mechanist feedback.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Markus.6415 said:

That's why i put it "quick OR alac and maybe fury". Meant that you need to have either of those, but don't provide both. I guess i didn't write it clear enough.

I was not denying your point, but I was saying if you don't have both quick or alac, even if you have fury, you won't be consider as a support. 

More extreme, if you only have healing, but not quick or alac, very possibly no one want to group with you for serious farm raids or strike missions, because their self-healings are usually more than enough. 

That is totally understandable, because this is how this game works in current patch. Healing/shielding is the least important thing in the entire game, for now.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:51 PM, Double Tap said:

Firebrand

• The page mechanic for firebrand tomes has been reworked. Pages are now shared across all tomes and refill at a set interval instead of when summoning a tome.
  • Page costs and cooldowns have been adjusted to the following:
    • Justice
      • Chapter 1: 1 page, no cooldown
      • Chapter 2: 1 page, 8 seconds
      • Chapter 3: (PvE) 1 page, 10 seconds; (PvP/WvW) 2 pages, 15 seconds
      • Chapter 4: 2 pages, 15 seconds
      • Epilogue: 2 pages, 20 seconds
    • Resolve
      • Chapter 2: (PvE) 1 page, 4 seconds; (PvP/WvW) 1 page, 8 seconds
      • Chapter 3: 1 page, 8 seconds
      • Chapter 4: (PvE) 2 pages, 10 seconds; (PvP/WvW) 2 pages, 15 seconds
      • Epilogue: (PvE) 2 pages, 20 seconds; (PvP/WvW) 3 pages, 25 seconds
    • Courage
      • Chapter 2: (PvE) 1 page, 4 seconds; (PvP/WvW) 2 pages, 8 seconds
      • Chapter 3: (PvE) 2 pages, 15 seconds; (PvP/WvW) 2 pages, 20 seconds
      • Chapter 4: 2 pages, 20 seconds
      • Epilogue: 3 pages, 25 seconds
  • Chapter 1: Searing Spell: This skill now inflicts vulnerability in addition to its current effects.
  • Chapter 4: Scorched Aftermath: Increased burning and bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only.
  • Chapter 2: Radiant Recovery: Increased the number of conditions removed from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.
  • Epilogue: Eternal Oasis: Increased number of conditions converted to boons from 2 to 5 in PvP and WvW.
  • Chapter 1: Unflinching Charge: This skill now grants protection instead of stability.
  • Swift Scholar: This trait now also refunds one page after using three consecutive skills in a single tome.
  • Stoic Demeanor: This trait has been reworked. Retain the Tome of Courage passive effect while it is on cooldown. Grant boons to nearby allies when you disable, immobilize, or slow an enemy.
  • Quickfire: This trait now also retains the Tome of Justice passive effect while it is on cooldown.
  • Loremaster: This trait has been reworked. Retain the Tome of Resolve passive effect while it is on cooldown. You generate pages more quickly.

This is pretty late, but I was wondering if QuickFire is still going to proc off of Swift Scholar after the patch. So, QuickFire is the new dps trait, so you ideally want to apply quickness to 5 allies with Matra of Potence every 7 secs. However, Swift Scholar procs QuickFire, granting Ashes of the Just to yourself only. This will severely hamper the ability to effectively use Quickfire, as you will proc it every 8 secs by just entering a tome. I suppose you can just get good and only enter tome after using your Matra, but that is kinda annoying and unintuitive. Quickfire isn't that good for solo play anyways, so maybe it should only proc when you give an ally (other than yourself) quickness?

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:27 PM, OlolWarDrood.7954 said:

-> The person who wrote this never played FB of his life 100% 🐒

FB was never incredibly fun to play in WvW, you are making this even worse. The class is literally 10 times weaker and I wonder what fun is left. 💀

In WvW, we go from a FB who can play lots of spells in different tomes to a FB who will just do:
- Use his 4 in f3 every 20 secs
- Use his 5 in f3 every 25 secs

Exceptional gameplay incoming...

Maybe they were 1 of those devs that occasionally go in wvw that i killed 1 time on my FB support guard, not that i have seen them in game for many years so idk, it was an official achievement if i remember rightly, but they don't seem to have a clue how wvw works, i am really angry at wat they are proposing to do FB support guard in wvw, it's just not viable and unfair its actually punishing as if were not punished enough in the loot/bags department and the xp, i do it because i like helping team mates, we have issues with broken stability and cc yes being pulled with stab up and hunters ward traps, we take huge amounts of focus, its full on gameplay all the time, honestly FB support in wvw is a dying breed and this is just a nail in the proverbial coffin to wvw.

So not happy at all with this.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1649911918   i didnt watch this before not a fan of twitch not impressed.

Edited by deffy.1320
dumb and dumber
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Firebrand was created and given the ability to do everything everywhere all at once. Then that ability was taken away. Its not so much of a grievance over the fact that firebrand had to be curtailed because of its power. It was the fact that the power was given in the first place. This is how people got addicted to Crack in Harlem. You give them the pure goodness then take it away and leave them with the crap remains. Test the concepts thoroughly before they're released to the public and this sort of thing will happen a lot less.

• Like 3

Is amazing how fast they forgot their own roadmap, good words and promises.   Where are those quarter big balances with the review of a complete set/type of skills for each profession or a trait line, rework some skills needed, etc? I remember those words in the published roadmap.  

Still waiting for the review of some Grand Master traits with low value for the Harbinger due to its mechanic and shroud. Like "Dread", "Unholy Sanctuary" and "Transfusion".  Traits that have good value for the other specializations with their own exceptions of how they work for each one and core but are crap for the Harbinger.

Blood Magic trait line need a complete rework after be ruined with the sustain and damage nerf.  Spite trait line also need some improvements. Maybe recover a trait for "Wells" and add one for "Spectral" skills will be welcome too.

Also still waiting for the Scrapper Gyros rework after they ruined them and my roaming build. 😠 I have not played scrapper since those low IQ changes.  They weren't even able to split the behaviour of the skills and the gyros between personal and group utility that would make a lot more sense that the changes done.

Now i have to wait another 4-6 months for watch if something profitable is released for the specializations i'm playing. I can only be positive to test the elemantalist and untamed changes.  The rest of changes are mainly forgettable with two or three exceptions. The reactions to the main post speak by themselves.  It seems that the honeymoon did not last long and we have returned to the past, we already knew this. 😩

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

12 hours left for patch.

I want to know if they (anet) reads this (a preview) to make some changes as the feedback ask.

If not: anet should not put "previews" 2 weeks before the patch cause they will ignore the feedback, putting the patch and then read the feedback. (As they did with the warrior banners)

If yes: thank you for don't ignore your community. 

(like wtf a sniper with 1200 range, even without pierces shots, and a bow with 1500)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve just come back to the game 6 weeks ago and I’m loving it but I am truely amazed how little (if any) communication there is from the devs on the forum.

I assume they are reading it……right? So why not respond? During the livestream they clearly stated they were gonna read feedback and consider adjustments. Do they plan to surprise us tomorrow?

For a decent sized company their ability to both listen and talk to their customers (player base) is absolutely woeful.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Not really, I can't believe anyone actually still believes anything they say, then again all it takes is one dev post and everyone on the hype train again.... 🙄

Its called breadcrumbing. Its a common tactic that people with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) use to lure people back in especially after repeated attempts of their victim to leave. I can see it being a valuable business tactic along with tactics such as fomo to manipulate consumers. Going by the general mental state of gamers, there will always be a sufficient "supply" to use these tactics on for a very long time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3