CMC should have been main balance dev from the beginning

Arheundel.6451

Let me summarize all that CMC has achieved since taking the reins of balance in GW2 :

1) He nerfed broken/Overpowered/Abused to hell....Scrapper, making WvW more enjoyable overall

2) He removed the absurd drawback "design" choice which was affecting only a handful of professions 

3) He is buffing scepter ele which has been left in the void between dimensions since launch in 2012

Nothing else to add, this CMC is doing God's work in this Game, keep up the great work!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 39

-nerfing Specter in PvE when it's straight up not needed

-failing to understand why some spec has harsher tradeoff than other (Vindicator getting back its second dodge while being unchanged)

-Trying to make Scrapper well ground targetted when the entire concept of the spec is a relatively weaker well than other but mobile. 

It is too early to make an opinion but so far I dont see the difference between the former team and the new team. Both of them completey mess up some things and both of them manages to offer some interesting changes

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

- How can you possibly nerf anything in PvE? ...What seems to be problem? You need 1m more than before to kill a freaking AI mob? or maybe your fractal speed run group took 5m more than usual to claim a chest?

They made scepter more enjoyable even for average pvers....who don't need to wait anymore for skills to hit the target like a bad meme: dragon's tooth. Now scepter will be usable for more than have people stack in a corner in some remote pve dungeon for the blast finisher....and you people cry that your fractal team "will miss" that 2k aoe heal ???....insanity

- When a class represent like 50% of the classes out of 50 players in number...maybe ...just maybe..nerfs are warranted. I bet it was glorius for engi players....extremely miserable for everybody else. A spec being played as support- roamer -duellist -wvw zerg at the same time.....it's rather unabalanced in my opinion

-The drawback was completely unfair and arbitrary, all in all, some professions ( like engis) were getting 0 factual drawbacks and all the positives...losing Orbital Strike for Holoforge is a laughable idea for drawback

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1
  • Confused 30

CMC is obvioulsy a pvp / wvw player , he doesnt care about pve , did he even know we can play Healtempest in pve ? The changes made for scepter will not make ele more played in pve , cause you are tend to a strict rotation to maximize your damage , you do not attune to water in pve if you are dps , attuning water is huge dps loss , and what they give us : bleeding on sword skill 3 water/earth ....Arheundel.6451 you are obviously a pvp player and i understand that the scepter changes are great for that type of content , but regarding pve , it's awfull , you never saw a scepter (though it was so freaking performing ... on the raid golem boss training) ele dps , just look at dragon tooth ? dont say me its' change for pve , it's made for pvp ! and this pacth was supposed to be pve oriented , for the ele (regarding tempest) the changes are made for pvp , we still have our teleport at 40 sec cooldwon , while other class have it a 1200 range and 25 , 20 sec cd ... , our HAT is dead after this patch , so many people asked for less cluncky alacrity provider , we didnt get that , so while you can enjoy the patch , understand that in pve regards , ele has been f*cked hard !

Cmc should balance pvp / wvw , and not touch pve !

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

I just see more powercreep and spam.

Replacing broken specs by others doesn't make the game better.

Is that so?

1) In PvP I don't see a team made up say....3 x revenants  ending a game 500 to 20 or so, I see close games and players using different comps...heck a double mesmer team reaches the final..didn't see that since 2013 before CMC took control. Tthese MAT matches were like 4-5 revs every 10 players...then triple mechanist....etc etc etc

2) In WvW you had almost full scrapper teams steamrolling through all the map taking close to 0 dmg uncontested. Celestial scrappers tanking up to 10 players, doing zerk dmg while running ahead under perma superspeed effect, there is nothing right now to that level of brokeness in WvW...that gyro change was God's gift to mankind. Thx god they obliterated that OP broken BS, WvW had become a cesspool of toxicity due to *urgh....we know being in charge and with him finally removed from existence and replaced with CMC...we are finally seeing the light in WvW

I see build diversity and no more Rambo, Conan and Super sayan Goku all in one types of build anymore....and some people are sad and upset their turn in the sun is finally over after years of abuse 

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 15

23 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Is that so?

1) In PvP I don't see a team made up say....3 x revenants  ending a game 500 to 20 or so, I see close games and players using different comps...heck a double mesmer team reaches the final..didn't see that since 2013 before CMC took control. Tthese MAT matches were like 4-5 revs every 10 players...then triple mechanist....etc etc etc

There hasn't been a whole lot of competitive PvP lately, just the few remaining players playing whatever they feel like. Also CmC has been in charge of PvP balance for a while, including those triple rev/specter etc times.

23 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

2) In WvW you had almost full scrapper teams steamrolling through all the map taking close to 0 dmg uncontested. Celestial scrappers tanking up to 10 players, doing zerk dmg while running ahead under perma superspeed effect, there is nothing right now to that level of brokeness in WvW...that gyro change was God's gift to mankind. Thx god they obliterated that OP broken BS, WvW had become a cesspool of toxicity due to *urgh....we know being in charge and with him finally removed from existence and replaced with CMC...we are finally seeing the light in WvW

I see build diversity and no more Rambo, Conan and Super sayan Goku all in one types of build anymore....and some people are sad and upset their turn in the sun is finally over after years of abuse 

You are exaggerating. The current (cele) abominations aren't any less broken or unfun to play against.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

There hasn't been a whole lot of competitive PvP lately, just the few remaining players playing whatever they feel like. Also CmC has been in charge of PvP balance for a while, including those triple rev/specter etc times.

You are exaggerating. The current (cele) abominations aren't any less broken or unfun to play against.

Since the "engi/guardian" lover got removed from power and replaced by CMC, the game overall has seen some impressive QoL changes, and CMC was the one to unnerf SB no?! Since CMC took over, the ranger has seen nothing but positive changes and the most oppressive builds to fight as ranger...nerfed. I bet you'd rather have CMC in charge than go back to the age of the "guardian lover"

• Like 3
  • Confused 15

41 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Since the "engi/guardian" lover got removed from power and replaced by CMC, the game overall has seen some impressive QoL changes, and CMC was the one to unnerf SB no?! Since CMC took over, the ranger has seen nothing but positive changes and the most oppressive builds to fight as ranger...nerfed. I bet you'd rather have CMC in charge than go back to the age of the "guardian lover"

Whats your point ? scepter change is good for pvp , wvw . Ok we get it , and i think most of us agree , but for pve its' straight nerf , you dont like pve we get it , as most of us hate pvp/wvw , this patch was ment for pve mostly as the devs says , the change they made with scepter are obviously made for pvp . the healtemp was already short on heals , now we get even less ... 

In ele forums there are tons of proposition to 'Qol' tempest as it is the worst alacrity provider in pve , but you dont know that you dont play that part of the game , so i am not talking about pvp/wvw because i dont know sh it about those modes , for me wvw is just follow like a doggy your com , and expect that with the mass you dont get hit by a 5 target aoes ... ah yes and dps doors , very exciting part ... so don't talk (like i did) about something you dont know , how can you understand a content you don't do , its' like saying "i have been to  canary island and ive seen eskimo and their igloo on the beach"...

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You evidently don't play all 9 professions or all game modes.  The damage CMC and team has done in the past year has left multiple eSpecs worse off in different game modes.  I am happy that your experience has gotten better but holistically, the game has not gotten better, the devs have simply moved the pain points around to different builds.

That they released this so called Balance Philosophy and then follow it up with another patch that doesn't relate to it, their own document, their own words and goals, is indicative of a team that doesn't actually know what they are doing or perhaps even care about the end results.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

How about no.

He did the most easiest/laziest change in taking away Mirage second dodge more than two years ago and never attempted to fix it, and yes it was him because he stated problematic mirage cloak mechanic could only be changed by the pve devs, so he did the sledge hammer nerf to it and left it to die.

I don't care if it's coming back later, it should have never happened, it was damaging to the spec and drove players off from playing it for a long time. Not even the first time anet did this the mesmer class, they also removed then return chrono personal shatter, and distortion.

Then anet goes and designs another spec with one dodge, hm wonder where they got the inspiration for that, and oh boy, it didn't work out! gee, who couldn't have seen that happening, and oh look who gets a fix to their one dodge before mirage!

Also still nerfing boon strips which means they have no intention of balancing boon ball combat, which is absolutely boring and unfun to play.

Doesn't matter who they label "lead", it's all still the same balance team at Anet.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

i can't speak for everyone else, but as a warrior main of 9 years, i can't really get behind the man who single-handedly destroyed warrior in competitive modes, and with just a single patch, which is impressive and horrifying at the same time.

warriors are still suffering from the effects of said patch til this day 2 years later.

personally i was vouching for him back in 2020, with his radical outlook and spectacular promises for competitive, that patch left warrior decimated in pvp and wvw, changing the landscape won't happen overnight, and i, like many people waited, but there was no follow through nor fixes for the damage that has been done,

until the recent Oct 4 patch, it was good for warrior, though there are many bugs and many crucial things didn't make it into live play. my personal opinion is it was very impactful, and i'm very very grateful.

I'd like to get behind him, i'd like to believe this is a new balance team, but i've seen a lot of nothing or worse than nothing over the years and its left me quite jaded, specially after this june. that was a rude awakening, i knew it was bad but i never imagined it was that bad, at the very least i thought they were trying, apparently they were farming salt for their popcorn. 🤣

i'm still willing to see what he does, and how 2023 unfolds, but to sing him praises, good lord, no.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

CMC is obvioulsy a pvp / wvw player

7 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Just a small correction

Which is sad cuz I love PvE and WvW but absolutely hate Spvp. I even hated Jade Quarry in GW1 which is what Spvp is based on cuz capture-the-point is basically the lamest form of PvP in any video game and designed for Esports that no one cares about. But I liked GW1's Fort Aspenwood and Random Arena; which WvW is basically Fort Aspenwood. The 3v3~ deathmatch mini seasons are total pewp compared to Random Arena since it takes an eternity during each of way too many rounds waiting for people to finish their match-manipulation and long af ready up timers. I rather it be like the recent fast paced Crystalline Conflict in FFXIV as far as how it wastes very little time getting you in and out and just focuses solely on fun.

I had the unfortunate luck of liking Thief most (GW1 Assassin main) but they kept designing everything about it around Spvp only more-so than any other class and then nerfing it over and over again in all modes when it became too good at Spvp; the only role they gave it. These two balance patches have been an absolute trainwreck of irrationality for it that ignore all feedback.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1