Lion's Pride

Tony.8659

Been here since the first public beta April 2012, and it's so good to go back to old LA. Just hearing "By Ogden's Hammer, What Savings!" is more than worth it. 🥰 Even though theres a remix of it on youtube 😆 Nothing like seeing the man himself in person.  Thank you Anet 🥰

Edited by Tony.8659
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

I do miss old LA but am unlikely to ever make it back. I am happy for those who have access to what ANet took away all those years ago.

ANet really should reflect on the fact that having access to this map, a map available to all previously, is considered a reward of significance. Taking things away from paying customers so that you can use them as enticement in the future is EA/Blizzard-Activision level sleaze.

• Like 7
  • Confused 10

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I do miss old LA but am unlikely to ever make it back. I am happy for those who have access to what ANet took away all those years ago.

ANet really should reflect on the fact that having access to this map, a map available to all previously, is considered a reward of significance. Taking things away from paying customers so that you can use them as enticement in the future is EA/Blizzard-Activision level sleaze.

This. my sentiments exactly 

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

14 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I agree with the principle of this, but the implementation didn't feel that way for me.  Season one added a lot of content originally, and the destruction of old LA and eventual replacement felt well intended at the time (even though I hated it).  I never thought they'd give us old LA back, and this felt like an exciting and clever way of doing it.

I can sympathise with people who don't like the achievements, but I think that's an unrelated issue to the "sleazy" EA-style approach.  This content wasn't orginally removed as part of a strategy to charge money for customers by selling it back to them, and it wasn't returned as a gem store pass like Mistlock (which they absolutely could have done and made money from).

Overall I can see why there is an argument for "This should be available to all as it used to be", but I don't feel like the decision not to implement it that way was underhanded, just a design choice that not everyone would like (I did like it, as the meta reward kept me motivated throughout the return of season one, which could otherwise have been a bit dull and repetitive).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It's basically a reskin of a map you can acquire for free by playing the game and completing achievements. I don't see by what logic this is supposed to be somehow comparable to any "EA/Blizzard-Activision level sleaze".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

One the german translations changed, my most loved...

Abenteurer: He, wo geht's hier zum Klohaus?
Bürger: Wir haben kein Klohaus. Wir haben Wasserklosetts.
Abenteurer: Wie Latrinen?
Bürger: Nein. Die laufen alle in die gleiche Kanalisation, und von dort aus ins Meer.
Abenteurer: So genau wollte ich's gar nicht wissen.
Bürger: He, Ihr habt gefragt. Fragt mich bloß nicht, ob unten was lebt.
Abenteurer: Abgemacht.

Klohaus is now a "Plumpsklo" (outhouse).

But beside that, it is wonderful to wander through the old city!! Thank you, ANet!!!

Edited by Galmac.4680