A couple of ok changes

eXruina.4956

"Banner of Tactics: This skill now breaks stuns on allies in addition to its other effects."

We could use this, just have to see how it does in the live game. Wish they slapped it on Double Standards to make all banners break stun, since they're very weak, specially Banner of Strength and Discipline, but this works.

"Bloody Roar: Fixed an issue that caused this trait to grant less increased damage than intended."

Don't know if this counts since its a bug fix, but we're starving for damage so I'll take it, I hope they fix all the bugs so they can introduce actual new fixes and improvements to Warrior.

I hope these changes end up working in the live game, no more of that "bugged" not working stuff.

Overall, nothing game changing, but a small step forward (literally a small step). 💪 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

"Banner of Tactics: This skill now breaks stuns on allies in addition to its other effects."

We could use this, just have to see how it does in the live game. Wish they slapped it on Double Standards to make all banners break stun, since they're very weak, specially Banner of Strength and Discipline, but this works.

"Bloody Roar: Fixed an issue that caused this trait to grant less increased damage than intended."

Don't know if this counts since its a bug fix, but we're starving for damage so I'll take it, I hope they fix all the bugs so they can introduce actual new fixes and improvements to Warrior.

I hope these changes end up working in the live game, no more of that "bugged" not working stuff.

Overall, nothing game changing, but a small step forward (literally a small step). 💪 

I was wondering about the banner of tactics change...does it break stun when you activate the skill, or when the banner drops? If the former, that's great; you could use it as one of your own stunbreaks and bring team support while doing so. But if the latter (breaks stun on banner drop), it will be much less impactful.

I hope it's stunbreak on skill activation. However, I suspect it is not. Otherwise, you'd have a stun break that gives 5 stacks of stab in AOE on a 30s CD...not even guardian has something that good.

On the other hand, not having a banner be a stun break is really holding banner support warrior from being a thing, at least in competitive modes. I could totally see a Spellbreaker or maybe even a bladesworn build running banners of defense and tactics...provided one of them was a stunbreak.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

On the other hand, not having a banner be a stun break is really holding banner support warrior from being a thing, at least in competitive modes. I could totally see a Spellbreaker or maybe even a bladesworn build running banners of defense and tactics...provided one of them was a stunbreak.

I don't see how this is remotely an issue since you have a third utility slot. Not taking Shake It Off in competitive game modes seems clinically insane to me, and the previous balance patch even made it a party wide stunbreak.

I think Banner of Tactics probably just stunbreaks allies when you drop it. Being able to save a friend with stunbreak + stab + superspeed seems to be the whole point of the skill. 

6 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

I don't see how this is remotely an issue since you have a third utility slot. Not taking Shake It Off in competitive game modes seems clinically insane to me, and the previous balance patch even made it a party wide stunbreak.

I think Banner of Tactics probably just stunbreaks allies when you drop it. Being able to save a friend with stunbreak + stab + superspeed seems to be the whole point of the skill. 

This is VERY much an issue. Warrior has a tendency to get rag-dolled in teamfights. We don't have any reliable sources of passive stab (stalwart strength helps, but having to CC someone is unreliable) to prevent getting CC'd. We also don't have a bunch of F keys, some of which can be traited to be stunbreaks or invluns (like guardian or Mesmer). We can't teleport when CC'd like thief or mechanist.

In short, warrior is very vulnerable to CC, and the only answer to it is to take stunbreaks in your utility slots. Running a single stunbreak on your bar is begging to be stunlocked, especially now that shake it off only has one charge in competitive.

Bladesworn used to get away with taking only SIO bc it was ammo and TR gave it an extra charge. Plus, BS had so much extra on-demand healing that it could often just heal through the damage it took while being stunned. Passive stab on Dragonscale was a big help too. That's all been nerfed though.

Overtaxing of utility slots is a big reason why heal warrior/support warrior isn't really a thing in competitive. You have to choose between supporting others (with healing shouts or banners) and supporting yourself with stunbreaks and selfish defensive CDs. The meta supports like guardian and tempest don't have to make such a sacrifice.

• Thanks 1

On the note of stability: I was soloing some dungeons and yes, the ragdolling is a pain ( Warriors are awful against immobilize/chill/poison ) and that make me take Dolyak's Signet.

I know DS is a meme, but the 10 stability came well in a pinch. Maybe that's not as bad of a pick as we think it is? Not having CDR for it's 40s is a pain ( the signet trait just isn't good and it's in Arms ), but i can't say i dislike it's passive effect either. Any thoughts?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

On the note of stability: I was soloing some dungeons and yes, the ragdolling is a pain ( Warriors are awful against immobilize/chill/poison ) and that make me take Dolyak's Signet.

I know DS is a meme, but the 10 stability came well in a pinch. Maybe that's not as bad of a pick as we think it is? Not having CDR for it's 40s is a pain ( the signet trait just isn't good and it's in Arms ), but i can't say i dislike it's passive effect either. Any thoughts?

I think Dolyak Signet is perfectly fine in instances when you need it. I bring it onto Sieging the Stronghold so the white mantle kittens don't knock me around, especially during portal to the towers. 

You just have to remember to take it back off when you're past needing it 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Stadsport.8714
  • Like 2

Our primary goal for thief in this update was to improve the usability of deadeye in PvE. Rifle has a lot of potential as a damage-dealing option, but the stationary nature of Kneel made it difficult to reach this potential in real gameplay situations. We're updating Kneel to allow for some movement at a reduced speed to give a bit more flexibility during encounters.

Yo what. Bladesworn says hi.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Stadsport.8714 said:

I think Dolyak Signet is perfectly fine in instances when you need it. I bring it onto Sieging the Stronghold so the white mantle kittens don't knock me around, especially during portal to the towers. 

You just have to remember to take it back off when you're past needing it 🤷🏼‍♂️

that would be ok for pve, but in competitive, warrior has many other problems to contend with, this dictates necessities you are forced to run in your skill slots, rune choices, sigil choices, and they are for the most part inflexible.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Arewn.2368 said:

Yo what. Bladesworn says hi.

i was one of the people who suggested this. i believe there are others who suggested the same, to allow bladesworn to move while in dragon trigger. T~T

this is sad.

but then again walking around slowed won't really help us. 🤔

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

I’m excited for Breaching Strike buff. If the damage multiplier is sufficient dagger spell could shoot up quite a bit as a duelist. I’m hoping its somewhere around 50%, though I may be biased in my estimations of what would be balanced considering I love dagger spell. It’s just so enjoyable to play 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I’m excited for Breaching Strike buff. If the damage multiplier is sufficient dagger spell could shoot up quite a bit as a duelist. I’m hoping its somewhere around 50%, though I may be biased in my estimations of what would be balanced considering I love dagger spell. It’s just so enjoyable to play 🙂 

me too, its a buff, i'll take it, it will be a nice pve boost to spellbreaker. 💪

i don't believe it will be that impactful in pvp and wvw though, realistically there are very few enemies that will be without boons, even right after stripping them. 🤣

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

me too, its a buff, i'll take it, it will be a nice pve boost to spellbreaker. 💪

i don't believe it will be that impactful in pvp and wvw though, realistically there are very few enemies that will be without boons, even right after stripping them. 🤣

Indeed, but if it counts the foe as boonless if breaching strips all their boons (and it should imo) it could end up being a nice boost to spell in 1v1s, which I’ll take and could help it side node in PvP by shutting dow 1v1s quicker. Also could help in wvw roaming when dealing with large numbers of lower-skill players, since they tend to let their boons expire rather than pacing well. Again, depends on the size of the multiplier (gimme that 50% bb!!!!).

Just my thoughts though.

• Haha 1

Considering that it is worded that banner of tactics breaks stun for allies (and not directly mentioned on yourself, too), I guess that the skill will not work as a stun break for the warrior themselves. They have to cast the banner to break stun for their allies, but if they are stunned themselves they are unable to do so.

But this is just my speculation.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Considering that it is worded that banner of tactics breaks stun for allies (and not directly mentioned on yourself, too), I guess that the skill will not work as a stun break for the warrior themselves. They have to cast the banner to break stun for their allies, but if they are stunned themselves they are unable to do so.

But this is just my speculation.

You are your own ally. Had they said OTHER allies, then you would be correct.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You are your own ally. Had they said OTHER allies, then you would be correct.

Don't know if you are familiar with the skill Toss Elixir U on engineer, it is a skill that works exactly how I described. Has a cast time of 1/2, can get used to break stun of your allies, but can't get used if you are stunned yourself.
Here is the phrasing of that ability:

Elixir. Toss Elixir U, breaking stuns on allies and granting them superspeed.

As you see, also not mentioning "OTHER allies". It is the exact same phrasing they used for their banner of tactics update. "Breaking stuns on allies".

I could be totally wrong, but with this precedence case I am assuming that it will work like toss elixir u.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1