So many achievements bugged in "Battle for Lion's Arch" chapter

"No more tricks, Scarlet" achievement

I am pretty sure that I wasn't hit by any laser or whatever not once, but at least 3 times, and yet I din't get the achievement to trigger.

"Nowhere to hide" achievement

Even using mist form (ele), elixir s (eng)... I was interrupted everytime, but I managed to dodge and defeat Scarlet before she dropped the shield 4 times, and still didn't get the achievement.

"Tower Purifier 2"

It simply doesn't progress

I got the first two today, No More Tricks took a few attempts because it's hard to tell if you're still eligible or not. The easiest way to tell if you've been hit is to make a new tab in your chat and untick everything but combat > incoming damage.

The attacks to avoid are "Prime Light Beam" from the large hologram and "Ultraviolet Light Beam" from the Microprime ones. A little easier that way, as you can just restart straight away if you see you've been hit, rather than waiting until the end of the fight to see if you made it or not.

I've also been having issues with Tower Purifier 2 not counting though.

Edited by Gwylen.3462

After a weekend of attempting to get all the achievements from this release (BfLA), I think I've narrowed down the actual 'bugs' to just one: Tower Purifier 2 is not progressing (doesn't seem to count the events within the Tower of Nightmares instances).

The story achievements in the two 'finale encounters' (hologram and Scarlet) are just (annoyingly) difficult:

- In Tune: requires careful attack management; only attack when attuned to the right colour, mind that you let condition damaging attacks wear off their effect before taking an new attunement (otherwise it will count as damage dealt while wrongly attuned)

- No More Tricks, Scarlet: careful telegraphing; I did this one separate from the In Tune achievement (so I didn't have to pay attention to the large straight orange and shiny bars that need to be avoid while minding the attunements)

- Nowhere to Hide: to be honest, this one took me about three hours (including the 'waiting out the cutscene' dozens of times); in the end I just followed the video guide mentioned above in this topic; took a lot of patience and some luck I suppose (some unlucky attack spawns from Scarlet meant interrupts when trying to get to her; dodging at exactly the right distance can prove challenging: too close and you can't dodge her shock, too far away and you can't get back in time to start and finish the finishing move (before the next interrupting shock attack))... so: difficult; yes; annoying; yes; frustrating; no comment; impossible; definitely not

Then there is Six Minutes to Knightfall and Six More Minutes to Knightfall: the requirements for these achievements (which is basically just one achievement) are just a bit confusing, because of the programming of the timer.

Basically you have six minutes from the start of the event (AFTER the minute of waiting for the Knights to start attacking). The timer works  as follows:

- It starts counting down as soon as the Knights become attackable

- It counts down for 60 seconds, to 14:00

- It resets to 14:59 then

- It continues counting down until it runs out

This means that you have until the timer reaches 10:00 to finish the Knights in time for the achievement (5 minutes + the 1 'extra' minute between 14:00 and 14:59, makes 6 minutes)

I hope this clarifies some of the 'bugs' for people and makes most of the achievements achieveable... while we wait for a fix for the Tower Purifier 2 bug...

Good luck!

53 minutes ago, Dolce Luce.6529 said:

This means that you have until the timer reaches 10:00 to finish the Knights in time for the achievement (5 minutes + the 1 'extra' minute between 14:00 and 14:59, makes 6 minutes)

Many of us finished bosses between 10-11 minutes left on timer. It is not the cause for people who had already Six Minutes to Knightfall done 9y ago. Personally havent found *anyone* who got new achi this year and had already old one checked.

Edited by banshee.9328

On 11/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, Pirindolo.9427 said:

"No more tricks, Scarlet" achievement

I am pretty sure that I wasn't hit by any laser or whatever not once, but at least 3 times, and yet I din't get the achievement to trigger.

"Nowhere to hide" achievement

Even using mist form (ele), elixir s (eng)... I was interrupted everytime, but I managed to dodge and defeat Scarlet before she dropped the shield 4 times, and still didn't get the achievement.

These two aren't bugged. Got the former on my first try with my Engineer (by avoiding any AoEs), and the second one after a few attempts, also on Engineer.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

These two aren't bugged. Got the former on my first try with my Engineer (by avoiding any AoEs), and the second one after a few attempts, also on Engineer.

The fact that you (or anybody) get  an achievement triggering doesn't mean that achievement is not bugged. We have a long history of achievements that work for some people and don't work for some other people.

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

The fact that you (or anybody) get  an achievement triggering doesn't mean that achievement is not bugged. We have a long history of achievements that work for some people and don't work for some other people.

It certainly is a possibility but if so many who thought they were bugged managed to get the achievements after following guides, chances are they are not.

Putting in eligibility icons for all achievements such as these will certainly help a lot and drastically reduce the guesswork of whether certain achievements are bugged or not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

While this may be true, you did write that you avoided only one type of AoE during your attempts on the "No More Tricks, Scarlet" achievement, hence my (maybe not so clear) advice to try avoiding any AoE for achievement eligibility.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the one in the Breachmaker yesterday. Not as easy as some people made them out to be. Especially with no icons for the eligibility. (Well ... it will prepare people for season 2 ... where some of the most annoying achievements are in the later chapters.) 😄

In Tune: Not sure if it also counts non-damaging condidions. I thought I had made sure no conditions (except vulnvearbility) were on the big one ... I guess there it failed the most though: After that it is easy to check for the stack of the debuff you get when hitting with wrong thing (hat sometimes 2 or 4 stacks) - then restart immediately. The 3 small ones ... not too hard - you just need to make sure to not get another attunement since that won't add to the previous one. Will overwrite it in that phase. (And therefore: The knockback AoE some of the 3 smaller ones have ... can not totally be ignored especially if a different colored circle is nearby where you might get pushed into:)

No more tricks: I first was under the assumption that the big lasers (long AoE with the orange marker announcing it) counts. Then the scorch marks and the AoE of the smaller holograms at the end. The AoE of the 3 ones ... I guess does not count. At least it worked for me with getting hit by the one that does fire circles. Also invulnverability elixir from the engineer works + moving through the scorch mark (technically should count as a hit with on damage ... but worked) ...

At the previous tries I ignored some of the small purple things the small holograms shootet. (A vid guide made me pay attention to them. That guide recommended to try to avoid everything.) Then the orbital strike might count as laser as well + the (most anoying since they can cover a lot of areas and do knockback into other stuff) things scarlet throw that have a small dome around them. I guess mines? They do knockback. Not the ones where you get the AoE circle around you while moving (they seemed easy to avoid).

Pet/mech and similar can be used so you can kite and let them do the damage. (Them taking damage does not void the achievement. Only them doing damage is a problem for the In Tune.)

Edited by Luthan.5236