disappointed patch preview

felix.2386

1. bonus on defiant enemy is meh. it always should be fixed, but i hoped for better way then simply completely ignores it and pretend it is another simple damage modifier, even less diversity in gameplays now. i hoped for extreme damage increase when enemy defiant bar is broken or something,

overall a meh change and a fix that should be fixed long ago.

2. tactic banner. really? another aoe stunbreak? why, when we already have shake it off. it's almost as if you are trying to make all warrior utilities look the same and over stacked with all kind similar effect, instead of fixing the real problem of warrior.

also i suspect it is an ally stunbreak on banner drop, and not a self stunbreak.

3. berserker

it is even more garbage after the patch in oct in pvp/wvw, yet literally 0 changes.

berserker still only padding with scorched earth buff

and you finally fixed the number bug for pve, wow grats.

4. spellbreaker

another freaking breaching strike damage buff. like stop.

you like so much to add effects that doesn't matter and keep adding damage on top of damage on top of damage buff.

all the descriptions for warrior skills are so freaking long yet useless, warrior skills need fixing, not keep overbuffing all the numbers just so you can hard nerf it to useless again.

enchantment collapse, just rework this trait already, like seriously, like unsuspecting foe, just rework them.

5.bladesworn

0 changes for bladesworn, the spec that got deleted in pvp/wvw, completely unfun to play an clunky AF

yet you bothered to give walking to deadeye.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

October 18, 2022
  • Fixed an issue that caused this skill to do more damage than intended in WvW.
October 04, 2022
  • Increased power coefficient from 1.2 to 1.32 in PvP only.
September 13, 2022
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Breaching Strike tooltip to display incorrect damage when using the Burst Mastery trait.
August 23, 2022
  • (PvE only) Damage multiplier increased from 1.5 to 2.5.
June 28, 2022
  • Increased power coefficient from 0.9 to 1.2 in PvP and WvW.
July 07, 2020
  • Increased power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.9 in PvP and WvW.
March 17, 2020
  • Fixed a bug that caused this skill to do more damage than expected in PvP and WvW.
February 25, 2020 Competitive content update:
  • (Competitive split) Reduced power coefficient from 1.2 to 0.7. Increased number of boons removed from 2 to 3.

this is so amazing, for the amount of damage buffs, over and over. warrior needs help on skills functions, not keep going for damage modifier buffs. so funny because breaching strike already does higher damage then pre-2020 damage nerf.

same for aura slicer, damage buff damage buff damage buff, warrior still not meta.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

the changes aren't bad. there are 2 notable ones for me.

we got a bug fix to bloody roar, which is a backjob, but at least they finally addressed it.

but i wish they address the other bugged traits soon too, don't want to see major balance patches filled with backjobs and passed off as progress when there are so many existing problems that need to be addressed.

and if banner of tactics breaks stun the way we are expecting it to, it will become one of our better stunbreaks, its a very welcome option, its very strong.

i don't mind the redundancy, having multiple viable options is good, we're still limited by 3 usable slots anyway, i feel its a step in the right direction and in line with their vision. 👍

the pve buffs are very welcome, also this is a pve balance patch, i'm specially excited to see hammer becoming a viable and competitive dps option for pve content.

• Confused 3

1. A good change

2. Another good change specifically requested by a decent number of warriors. AoE stun breaks are useful, and makes an exceptional amount of sense on a banner as well. 
3. Berserker had its damage bug fixed which should return a decent chunk of damage. Not bad at all. Also confirms that the Bloody Roar damage was bugged and not changed intentionally, which is good. 
4. Daggers kit lacks damage for the amount of utility it brings, so adding damage makes sense. Spell is a solid duelist rn, but, lacks the burst potential of other power specs (not to say it’s damage is abjectly bad, just low in comparison to other power specs like holo, Willy, chrono, etc.). Adding damage to dagger’s kit is a good way to do this, especially circumstantial damage. See: the damage bug on Breaching making spell a top tier duelist for a few weeks (in the right hands, there were still a lot of bad spells getting murdered even with a broken skill). 

The only change I’m critical of this patch is the enchantment collapse change. It seems unnecessary and just intended to nerf an already underperforming skill. 

imo, this patch is small for Warrior but not bad at all. 

Felix, you say specifically that “Warrior skills still need fixing. Over buffing numbers are not going to help with balance”. What specifically do you mean by this. Under-powered skills gaining damage isn’t “overbuffing” imo, it’s bringing those skills up to par with similar skills that exist in the game. If underperforming damage isn’t part of fixing skills, what do you mean by “Warrior skills still need fixing”. How would you approach balance for, for example, daggers kit? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1- Long overdue changes are always welcome thought. The "defiant" mechanism is the main reason many effects performing very well in comeptitive modes are underperforming in PvE. There is no way to truly balance all professions until this mechanism is balanced.

2- I wonder why they buff banner of tactic specifically when it's already the banner that's gonna be the most popular thanks to quickness if FB finally fall from grace.

3- Berserker is in a bugged bandaid fix state already, what did you expect exactly? The only thing I ever wanted for this spec was the ability to cancel berserk mode, instead of that they brought back old burst and broke a few things that they are now trying to "bandaid fix".

4- The devs have their obsessions... Shatterstone on elementalist, Axe AA and gravedigger on necromancer... Breaching strike for spellbreaker. They want us to rely on those skills without fixing the reason we don't.

5- Bladesworn... 😒

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah yes, back to reworking entire specs and 2 lines for war. Guess I shouldn't have kept my hopes up.

For spb just lol, who doesn't have boons all the time. Would make only sense if the extra dmg applies after boon removal from breaching strike.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So we do realize how this is the impending doom of warrior in zergs? Fun.

Absorption sigil ICD, Enchantment Collapse ICD, they might even put an ICD to Dispelling Force!

I suppose they don't want Defense Spellbreaker with Hamm/GS to be capable in WvW, cause that would mean warrior does warrior things.

Majorly dissapointed with whoever feeds anet the info from some nigh-insignificant gvg tournaments. Since gvgers say it, it has to be it! Let's balance the mode around gvgs ig.

Zerker, I didn't get the changes, anyway.

Tactics AoE stunbreak ain't bad, would prefer it on Defense to give it some purpose, instead of putting all the banner money in Tactics. I swear next patch they will give it baseline quickness for WvW "look how good and strong your banners are!" /s

Interesting functionality change on DE that can't be brought over to BsW, despite my absolute hate of that spec.

Meh, I'm good on New World rn cya

@DKRathalos.9625I mean, Vindi Archemorus stunbreak is exactly how Outrage should work but whatever, that's not "warrior-like" 😂 #Exodus

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

literally every warrior specs are already so meh in wvw roaming/zerging, pvp, pve

whats with the lack of changes.

warrior skills need fixing. over buffing numbers are not going to help with balance.

exactly. its just too long overdue. i want to see results as well, but honestly, what can we do.

i find it ironic that we're actually putting faith and waiting on the guy who decisively killed warrior in competitive modes in a single stroke.

like, what are we expecting.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

exactly. its just too long overdue. i want to see results as well, but honestly, what can we do.

i find it ironic that we're actually putting faith and waiting on the guy who decisively killed warrior in competitive modes in a single stroke.

I get it. I'm frustrated too.

I do think, though, that the lack of warrior changes this patch is because we got so many last patch. Out of fairness, ANet needs to be looking at other professions as well (who all have broken stuff of their own that needs fixing). They don't have infinite resources, so that means taking turns with which profession is in the spotlight for any given patch.  It's frustrating for us players who have to wait months for our favorite profession to be touched again, but that's probably the best they can do.

The 10/4 changes were largely positive for warrior, and hammer builds and Spellbreaker builds are now much more viable than they were previously, and that's a very good thing. I think we'll need to content ourselves with that until the next patch in a few months (hopefully).

Also worth noting that CMC and co had only about 6 weeks between finishing the 10/4 patch and being ready to preview the 11/29 patch. That helps explain why the patch is far less sweeping than we would have liked. They will likely have much more time to prepare for the next patch.

Keep the faith. The game still seems headed in the right direction, even if progress is slower than we would like.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Didn't also the new changes affect several of the other classes that are known for boon uptime too? Firebrands got a sizeable nerf, and i haven't really read anything about elementalists, but they also seem to have gotten some changes.

I would like Anet to move towards a more "selfish" way of boon application, where you bring your own boons, and if any character wants to play a support boonbringer build, it needs to spec that way in it's entirety and do NOTHING else.

But i do think we are moving in a good direction, even if they are moving really kitten slooooooooooooooooow

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

I’m putting my hope in the belief that warrior memes will win over the hearts of the Devs, causing them to eschew their heathen ways and take up the Way of the Warrior. And as their arms grow bigger, their legs thicker, and their brains smaller, they will buff Warrior out of unyielding dedication to the path of the Warrior.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

tbh I only play this game on my Warrior...I tried other professions but they just don't click enough for me...and then there is that thing that he was my first character and I have everything done on him...It really messes with my head when I play with other characters and I don't see 100% map or story completion, but I kinda don't want to do it all again with them 🙂

so yeah, when I think about balance patch for a Warrior I don't even think about buffs per say...I just want other weapons, skills and traits to be viable, to be fun to use - so, redesign of those things if needed. And I want my Warrior to be welcomed in various activities. 

• Like 3

I honestly would like to see more qol improvements for weapons and burst skills such as  core warrior sword F1 with the removal of self root for the low damage it already does and more additional counter abilities for dual swords that would allow it to be more of a fencer build similar to counterblow on mace but proving more direct attacks of several uses of riposte. Over the course of 10 years as a warrior main I don't believe I have seen few , if any dual sword Warriors. It is could be interesting if anet were to turn Final thrust into the F1 burst skill increasing its damage and bleed stacks based on  adrenaline spent per bar 2 Stacks of bleed per bar , Then 4 , Then 6. While making the F1 unblockable for each tier. Then Taking the 3 seconds of immbolise and adding it to sword four impale while keeping rip as it currently is. Then a replacement for skill 3 could be a channeled block as the warrior raises both swords ⚔️ that increases damage based on strikes it absorbs or reflects if used with shield master trait. Then at the end of the block duration add a flip over skill perhaps called downslash as the warrior slashes both swords downward or sword/axe  downward similar to axe 4 but doing increased damage on the blocked damage or strikes absorbed.  This is only just for sword mainhand but it could pair well to create synergy with other warrior weapons as well such as offhand mace,axe,warhorn,shield, dagger, and sword.🤔

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 8:45 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

1. A good change

2. Another good change specifically requested by a decent number of warriors. AoE stun breaks are useful, and makes an exceptional amount of sense on a banner as well. 
3. Berserker had its damage bug fixed which should return a decent chunk of damage. Not bad at all. Also confirms that the Bloody Roar damage was bugged and not changed intentionally, which is good. 
4. Daggers kit lacks damage for the amount of utility it brings, so adding damage makes sense. Spell is a solid duelist rn, but, lacks the burst potential of other power specs (not to say it’s damage is abjectly bad, just low in comparison to other power specs like holo, Willy, chrono, etc.). Adding damage to dagger’s kit is a good way to do this, especially circumstantial damage. See: the damage bug on Breaching making spell a top tier duelist for a few weeks (in the right hands, there were still a lot of bad spells getting murdered even with a broken skill). 

The only change I’m critical of this patch is the enchantment collapse change. It seems unnecessary and just intended to nerf an already underperforming skill. 

imo, this patch is small for Warrior but not bad at all. 

Felix, you say specifically that “Warrior skills still need fixing. Over buffing numbers are not going to help with balance”. What specifically do you mean by this. Under-powered skills gaining damage isn’t “overbuffing” imo, it’s bringing those skills up to par with similar skills that exist in the game. If underperforming damage isn’t part of fixing skills, what do you mean by “Warrior skills still need fixing”. How would you approach balance for, for example, daggers kit? 

you have to understand what makes a good role, instead of just look, buff damage buff damage, buff self heal buff self heal.

all you will get is another quick nerf to complete uselessness.

warrior is mid tier in literally every role.

side node warrior can not self defense against roamer like thief/rev/untamed.

like warrior now is not bad in 1v1, but it can not deal with thief/rev/untamed plusing, that's a big problem.

support warrior, yea you can be buff heal buff heal, to where it's viable, but if it can heal through everything then it would just delete everybody else from the role, it needs utilities and mitigations. you can't just buff this very limited skill so much, warrior needs other skills, warrior already have enough over-stacked skills, warrior need split skills, need lesser CD stability.

warrior can not team fight, because warrior skill can not reach anyone and can be completely ignored in a team fight, except bladesworn, becaue bladesworn skills has big reach, but bladesworn suck, in many other reasons other then damage and self healing.

warrior need more skills combo that can work together, literally every single warrior skills feels like it's own skill and doesn't feel like a complete skill set that works together

needs more react and need more splits and more buttons, instead of just damage buff buff buff, healing buff buff buff, over and over again and nerf to useless and buff healing and damage again, only to be meta for 2 month and nerfed to useless again

while classes like thief/rev/guard etc being meta for years no matter the nerfs or buffs.

like if you actually played warrior long enough, for all these damage buffs and self healing buffs, which one ever fixed warrior's problem? none. all you get is a flavor of the month that can be played by literally every silver player and their mom for 1-2 months and get instantly nerfed

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1