Vindicator should do more damage than Herald in PvE

Warscythes.9307

I will get straight to the point here. The upcoming patch introduced buffs to Rev. What it looks to be is making Herald doing about 39k with allies vs around 37k for Vindicator assuming we don't talk about the bug.

Vindicator doing 37k is perfectly fine. Herald doing more damage than Vindicator though should not be a thing. Vindicator new build will very likely be Greatsword + Sword/sword with alliance and shiro. This setup has very poor group utility or cc, it has a lot of movement skills and some healing which for the most part is not very useful in PvE. Herald on the other hand has access to a variety of boons with CC since it can take staff as the second weapon set.

I don't know what the new numbers will look like. But I think overall pure power herald should not do as much as damage than a class with low utility and cc. I also don't think we should buff Vindicator to ridiculous levels doing something like 41k just so is better than Herald. I think if Vindicator is around 37k. Herald should be around 34-35k. I don't know if the talked about numbers is exactly correct, but the general idea that a class with poor utility and cc should do more damage than a class with good utility or cc should stand.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

I will get straight to the point here. The upcoming patch introduced buffs to Rev. What it looks to be is making Herald doing about 39k with allies vs around 37k for Vindicator assuming we don't talk about the bug.

Vindicator doing 37k is perfectly fine. Herald doing more damage than Vindicator though should not be a thing. Vindicator new build will very likely be Greatsword + Sword/sword with alliance and shiro. This setup has very poor group utility or cc, it has a lot of movement skills and some healing which for the most part is not very useful in PvE. Herald on the other hand has access to a variety of boons with CC since it can take staff as the second weapon set.

I don't know what the new numbers will look like. But I think overall pure power herald should not do as much as damage than a class with low utility and cc. I also don't think we should buff Vindicator to ridiculous levels doing something like 41k just so is better than Herald. I think if Vindicator is around 37k. Herald should be around 34-35k. I don't know if the talked about numbers is exactly correct, but the general idea that a class with poor utility and cc should do more damage than a class with good utility or cc should stand.  

Agreed. Honestly the Burst of Strength buff is crazy; the CD decrease by itself was enough since that would give two 5s 25% damage windows, but permanent 15% is a bit too much. I would not be shocked if the increase is brought down to 10% later. I feel like this change was aimed mostly at the condi variant, which is good that they're finally realizing Herald has some synergy with condi and should therefore have some modifiers for it, but I don't think they ran the numbers on pure power dps Herald because it was obvious this would be an overbuff. If they want Condi to be viable they should have just changed Reinforced Potency to add damage for condi as well in addition to Burst of Strength. Then they should have left Burst of Strength alone after reducing the CD and adding the condi modifier.

• Confused 3

I agree it should, but I disagree that it will. I think the Archemorus buffs will make it worth running Alliance over Jalis, and the offhand sword buffs will make it a DPS gain to run Sword/Sword on swap when in Archemorus; you will have 3 extremely good single target attacks with only the auto-chain skills being really horrible - but you will have some incredibly high damage utility skills (whatever your opinion on that as a design feature is) and your dodge, and Energy Meld to fill the gaps. I expect it will be possible to put together a rotation that doesn't feature a lot of Sword auto-attacks before swapping back to Impossible Odds GS. A bench over 40k in the new patch as it stands wouldn't surprise me, even without the bug.

Edited by Elessaria.9142
  • Confused 2