PLEASE COULD WE HAVE MALEFICENT'S CLOAK!

asterix.9614

Please! Have been asking for it for years, I would love if we had long cloaks, NOT CAPES, CLOAKS. Long FLOWY cloaks that also partially covers the front, layered thick cloaks or ripped/ raggedy long cloaks, I and many other people just need cloaks please. EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE MALEFICENT WEARS in the cartoon og sleeping beauty. THANK YOU, and always love you anet!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

well, they could release shoulder and cape packages.  That way the shoulders could be the collar of the cloak, while draping over the character's shoulders. 
I am not sure if they could attach the cape convincingly so that it looks like part of the shoulder skin. 
It could be a case of beneficial clipping.  I am not sure if the devs would tolerate the concept of beneficial clipping.

• Like 3

https://www.darkknightarmoury.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/DC1059.jpg

I don't get the confused reaction thing, its a simple request for a long, flowy (not stiff), layered if possible cloak 😄 heck I wouldn't mind a maleficent inspired outfit (I am tired of the twilight arbor armor looking stiff). 

I am sowwy, no idea how to add image, so added a link.

Edited by asterix.9614
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, asterix.9614 said:

https://www.darkknightarmoury.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/DC1059.jpg

I don't get the confused reaction thing, its a simple request for a long, flowy (not stiff), layered if possible cloak 😄 heck I wouldn't mind a maleficent inspired outfit (I am tired of the twilight arbor armor looking stiff). 

I am sowwy, no idea how to add image, so added a link.

The Confused emoji is used by many here as a stand in for disagreement.

Links are all you can post, this forum in its current form no longer allows direct posting of images in comments.

I've already stated as such, but I honestly just don't think this game can be coerced in to doing what you want, its a ten years old game using a derivative of a twenty year old engine (that's not to mention figuring out how to make this work with the Charr). Some vague work arounds might be potentially possible (though at best it'd likely be just a long cape with a hood and goes around the shoulders just a little bit), though I'd be willing to be it'd still have that "stiffness" you abhor.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 1

With races physiologically varying to the extent seen in Tyria - and me being a staunch proponent of individuality - I'd suggest the exact opposite of "make it work for charrs":
(sensibly) race-restricted gear pieces.
Not even just because of the Stylish Shoes debacle; those are a menace arguably for any and every foot.

The vast majority of designs in the game are based on - and biased towards - humans, considering humans made them and humans buy them; in a considerable amount of cases for their human(-like) characters.
However, the aforementioned differences in how races are built are a wondrous orchard ripe for harvest, making the most of both the varied appearance

Spoiler

(sylvari "growing" bark/leaf armor out of their bodies; norn attires incorporating tattoos, bones, leather, and furs into their designs; asuras getting moving hi-tech gear pieces to compensate for their short stature and, thus, lower visibility [e.g. something akin to chroming up in the Cyberpunk universe - Mantis blade(s), shoulder cannon(s), even simply our Exo-suit photon forcefields]; charrs having all the metal and aggression of a Manowar gig; and, of course, humans BORROWING everything because humans [and revenue])

and no need for any all-pleasing workarounds (and/or character mutilation, 'cuz the shoe simply HAS to fit, no matter how many toes we're gonna clip -- excerpt from a popular Tyrian retelling of Cinderella, where the main heroine's step-sisters were a charr and an asura; attributed to the Brothers Gemm).

Besides, we already have gloves and helmets which hide the appearance of shoulder skins.
Why not a cloak taking the head (-> VISIBLE HAIR <-), shoulder, and back slots?
I've suggested an iteration where the same model would be given in the form of either of the three slots for mix-matching before, yet, thinking back, it sounds much more palatable to avoid the clown fiesta that would inevitably ensue if people were allowed to clip models on purpose.
Gold middle road: hand-pick models that would get hidden/shown.

The worst thing, I think, would be combat animations if the cloak wouldn't have enough anchor points, especially during the wilder moves (*cough* Catalyst hammer vs. wrists *cough*).
On the other hand, maybe not, taking this video of Shad's into account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vyr.9387 said:

The worst thing, I think, would be combat animations if the cloak wouldn't have enough anchor points, especially during the wilder moves (*cough* Catalyst hammer vs. wrists *cough*).

On the other hand, maybe not, taking this video of Shad's into account.

But what about dragons?

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I hope one of the devs reads this and goes, "Okay, challenge accepted!" 😁

Honestly, I'd have figured you of all people would have a much more cynical view of the GW2 devs. 😏