Alacrity Ren Nov 29

ButterPeanut.9746

It was buffed indirectly via Shiro and sword changes for the power variant. I don't think they intend to improve the condi variant.

• Shackling Wave (PvE only): Increased power coefficient of initial strike from 1.0 to 1.2. Increased power coefficient of additional strikes from 0.35 to 0.4.
  • Deathstrike (PvE only): Increased power coefficient of initial strike from 0.33 to 0.45. Increased power coefficient of final strike from 2.0 to 2.67.
  • Impossible Odds: Increased power coefficient on secondary strikes from 0.55 to 0.65 in PvE only.
  • Jade Winds: Increased power coefficient from 1.5 to 3.0 in PvE only.
  • Rising Tide: Reduced health threshold from 90% to 75% in PvE only.

24 minutes ago, CAA.9653 said:

Is Alac Ren still viable? I am looking for another support/DPS class since they are gutting my quickness/DPS FB, and I have an alac ren that I never played.

Right now, it is. In fact, people ask for alac mech or alac ren in fractals to this day because Healbrand is still run in fractals out of habit. That is in contrast to say alac mirage (bad idea), alac chrono (well spam), specter (also well spam), and alac tempest (really annoying to play in fractals due to backloaded alacrity even if I see some people play it). We'll not mention alacrity willbender since it is more of an "on paper" build.

If healbrand is no longer a strong pick after the November 29 rework and the majority of quickness providers are non-healing such as StM chrono, any warrior variant (bladesworn/spellbreaker/berserker/core), scrapper, herald, harbinger, catalyst then renegade isn't as attractive. You can run celestial renegade probably and still have some heal output on Kalla but it isn't particularly notable compared to heal mechanist or heal druid (which has the annoying aspect of moving spirits in fractals that aren't stationary in one area). The ritualist and diviner renegades both do less damage than before mechanist existed: before EoD renegade was pulling something akin to 30K DPS with allies If I remember correctly.

41 minutes ago, CAA.9653 said:

Is Alac Ren still viable? I am looking for another support/DPS class since they are gutting my quickness/DPS FB, and I have an alac ren that I never played.

It's probably not "meta" but it does the job. I think the biggest problem is that Snowcrows only features the 50% uptime full DPS variant outside of its Legacy build list; which means you need 2 of them: and then the full uptime build in the Legacy list runs Ritualist gear which is a pain in the proverbial to get. Unless you are in a super-tryhard group no-one should be upset that you want to play it. At just 25k DPS the Power version is probably sneaking into that territory though...